Sign in to follow this  
swanseajack

Official Swansea City Thread

Re: Official Swansea City Thread

Still hoping we can get Pablo Hernandez in, today is reports are to believe their has been progress with the deal. In Valencia's first two games of the season he hasn't even made the bench yet and recentley has been training on his own after demanding a transfer to us.

- We've supposedly upped our offer from €5 million to €6.5 million.

- 70% of Valencia fans on a Superdeporte article would sell Hernandez to us for that.

- Hernandez is now supposedly having a meeting with the sporting directors of Valencia with the suggestion that his sale is imminent.

We've also today been linked with Getafe's Diego Castro, who would be a very good signing as well. I'd much rather us be spending money on the continent than on the likes of Marvin Emnes or Albert Adomah considering how much more value for money we'll be able to get obroad.

Now there are reports that we've agreed a €7 million fee for Pablo Hernandez, really hope this is true and it's coming out of what seem to be fairly reliable Valencian sources. If it is true then it would be more or less a done deal, as Hernandez is desperate to join the Swans and link up with Laudrup again :)

Swansea want Westwood?

Not to sure how much truth there is in it.

Apparently the club will bid £2M for him' date=' a possible replacement to Joe Allen, would be a massive step up for him. :P[/center']

There's definatly truth in it, but I highly doubt we'll spend £2 million on him. I don't think he's a replacement for Joe Allen, i've seen him play and he plays in a deeper role then that that, possibly a successor for Leon Britton but I don't think we really need to be spending £2 million on a midfielder at the moment. Would happily have him though if the price was right.

SSN and plenty of other British media sources have now reported that we've had a £5.5 million bid accepted for Pablo Hernandez

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8033493/

Hernandez has supposedly said goodbye to his team mates, and looks to be on his way to Swansea.

SSN and the BBC are reporting that Scott Sinclair is off to Man City for £6.2 million rising to £8 million with add ons and that he's set for a medical with them today.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8033654/City-agree-Sinclair-deal

If we can pull these two deals off i'll be delighted, but not going to get too excited until there's anything official.

Laudrup has confirmed that the reports about Hernandez and Sinclair are true :D

"It's official now with Scott leaving and Pablo coming in, there's been lots of talk about these two.

"I haven't seen the papers but everything should be okay.

"At this moment when you look at the income and the money we've spent the figures look good for the club.

"Pablo did very well for us at Getafe, he went back to Valencia and did well.

"He's played Champions League and for the national side and we are looking forward to getting him here.

"He has the right attitude and that's important.

"Scott is going to a huge club with great players, he has a lot of quality but he will have to fight for a place there.

"He'd made his mind up and I have to wish him all the best.

"Pablo won't start on Saturday we have to get him in and let him settle down."

He's also confirmed that Bessone and Orlandi will leave for Swindon and Brighton respectively.

"Andrea (Orlandi) is going to Brighton and Fede Bessone to Swindon.

"We have to thank the players who are leaving. Every player wants to play so they have taken this decision and I wish them all the best,

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swanseacityfc/swansea-city-fc/2012/08/30/swansea-city-boss-laudrup-delighted-with-pablo-hernandez-signing-91466-31729321/

Selling Sinclair and Buying Pablo Hernandez cheaper is great business.

Yeh it is, and when you consider that Sinclair only has one year left on his contract and would have gone for nothing next season it's amazing stuff. Just hope there's no complications today or tommorow and everything is sorted and Laudrup seems very confident of us getting everything done.

Reports from Holland suggesting that we've signed Jerson Cabral from Feyenoord for £1 million. Looks like a good young player and would be very good value for money at £1 million. Looks like he'd be good cover out wide if we did sign him and with the fee in mind i'd much rather sign him than someone like Emnes.

Hope these are true, not sure how reliable Voetbul are though.

Jerson Cabral trades Feyenoord for Swansea City. The Welsh club makes one million pounds (1.25 million) into the bank account of the locals. The winger signed a multi-year contract.

The Swans, with six points from two matches surprisingly strong in the Premier League started, looked for a winger. Coach Michael Laudrup had on the flanks until now only available on Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer. Valencia confirmed that Pablo Hernández, a winger, also goes to Swansea City

The arrival of Cabral probably also means that a transfer of Marvin Emnes (Middlesbrough) to Swansea for the job. The Welsh club had interest in the former Spartan past week show again.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/227014/Meerjarig-contract-voor-Feyenoorder-Cabral-bij-Swansea.htm#

He hasn't completed his move yet' date=' hopefully he'll join in the next few hours.[/quote']

Well hope he does complete the move.

With his move completed i would hazard to say that IMO Swansea has done the best market in england as in Price/Quality.

They have improved alot the team with some very smart signings, bought exactly the types of players fit for their playstyle and found the best possible occasions around and took them without second thoughts.

Im really excited to see how Swansea will do this Season, im pretty confident that they will finish in the upper half of the league, thought id like to see them get a spot for an European competition next season, even tho maybe for this to happen, Swansea is still missing a top class striker (as Michu isnt really a striker from what i saw, and graham is fine but not really top class)

Anyway, one non-real life related question but, do you think that Hernandez, if he does move to Swansea, will be able to keep his 90? assuming he playes regularly (which he should)

With his move completed i would hazard to say that IMO Swansea has done the best market in england as in Price/Quality.

They have improved alot the team with some very smart signings' date=' bought exactly the types of players fit for their playstyle and found the best possible occasions around and took them without second thoughts.

Im really excited to see how Swansea will do this Season, im pretty confident that they will finish in the upper half of the league, thought id like to see them get a spot for an European competition next season, even tho maybe for this to happen, Swansea is still missing a top class striker (as Michu isnt really a striker from what i saw, and graham is fine but not really top class)

Anyway, one non-real life related question but, do you think that Hernandez, if he does move to Swansea, will be able to keep his 90? assuming he playes regularly (which he should)[/quote']

Well the aim is very much to stay in the division still.

Graham is good enough for us, he is someone we can rely on for double figures during a season and Laudrup is backing him for 15-20. He fits our style of play perfectly and has helped to form a superb partnership with Michu and helps the players around him. We could do with someone to push Graham for a starting place though in the future as the striker spot is his own.

Hernandez will probaly drop to 88/89 depending on how well he plays.

They have improved alot the team with some very smart signings' date=' bought exactly the types of players fit for their playstyle and found the best possible occasions around and took them without second thoughts.

Anyway, one non-real life related question but, do you think that Hernandez, if he does move to Swansea, will be able to keep his 90? assuming he playes regularly (which he should)[/quote']

for me QPR done even better with transfers but we ll see........

He hasn't completed his move yet' date=' hopefully he'll join in the next few hours.[/quote']

He's apparently undergoing his medical atm

this is the Swansea knews i got

There's mixed news from Swansea. The proposed deals for Feyenoord's Cabral and Westwood of Crewe have fallen through, though there is still some hope at the Liberty Stadium that the latter can be resurrected.

Valencia winger Hernandez, meanwhile, is having his medical and international clearance has been granted for Itay Shechter to join on loan from Kaiserslautern.

QPR just flaunted their cash around, they did sign good players but they did so with a huge bank roll and probably offering some crazy wages. Two completely different concepts

He's apparently undergoing his medical atm

this is the Swansea knews i got

That is very good news. He's been photographed outside the Liberty' date=' so the deal looks to be close to completion.

Also international clearance for Itay Shechter was important, or otherwise we'd have had to sign a new striker. Hopefully he has been granted his clearance.

I'd have loved to see what buisness QPR could have done whilst managing to make a £10 million profit.

That is very good news. He's been photographed outside the Liberty' date=' so the deal looks to be close to completion.

Also international clearance for Itay Shechter was important, or otherwise we'd have had to sign a new striker. Hopefully he has been granted his clearance.

I'd have loved to see what buisness QPR could have done whilst managing to make a £10 million profit.[/quote']

Do we reckon Swansea's budget is pretty much spent at this point or could another deal be struck?

Do we reckon Swansea's budget is pretty much spent at this point or could another deal be struck?

We could spend more, but we'd only spend if the right deal is availible. We're not going to overspend on a mediocre player just to get the numbers up. If we could get Hernandez then it would be a distinct possibility that a fourth winger comes in, although it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get one.

Pablo Hernandez officially joins, subject to international clearance for £5.5 million.

Delighted with this, really pleased with this transfer window now.

pablo-shirt-1-4x358-345184_478x359.jpg

Itay Shechter also officially gets his long awaited international clearance. Pleased with this, means we don't need to get a striker at the last minute.

I can't see it coming off but we've also been linked with Real Betis's Benat for £12 million, but can't see us spending on that a player and we don't need a centre midfielder.

Still the potential for more deals to be made as well today.