Sign in to follow this  
swanseajack

Official Swansea City Thread

Re: Official Swansea City Thread

That is very good news. He's been photographed outside the Liberty' date=' so the deal looks to be close to completion.

Also international clearance for Itay Shechter was important, or otherwise we'd have had to sign a new striker. Hopefully he has been granted his clearance.

I'd have loved to see what buisness QPR could have done whilst managing to make a £10 million profit.[/quote']

well if they qualify for Europe....

QPR just flaunted their cash around' date=' they did sign good players but they did so with a huge bank roll and probably offering some crazy wages. Two completely different concepts[/quote']

Probably.....

but i think QPR spent alot more than Swansea

Me to.......it would be interesting to see will Swansea finish above them,i would bet on that:o

Very pleased with the window. Stephen Dobbie also went to Brighton for an undisclosed fee and i'd expect Leroy Lita to go out on loan during the international break.

Ins: Chico (£2m), J. De Guzman (loan), Michu (£2m), Itay Shechter (Loan), Kyle Batley (£1m), Jamie Proctor (£50k), Ki Sung Yueng (£5.5m), Pablo Hernandez (£5.55m)

Outs: Jose Moreira (released), Joe Walsh (released), Jordan Smith (released), Casey Thomas (released), Ferrie Bodde (released), Scott Donnelly (released), Joe Allen (£15 million), Sinclair (£6.2 million plus £1.8 million add ons), Andrea Orlandi (free), Fede Bessone (free), Stephen Dobbie (undisclosed)

well if they qualify for Europe....

Probably.....

Me to.......it would be interesting to see will Swansea finish above them' date='i would bet on that:o[/quote']

QPR are the example of how not to run a football club, it's not good business to just throw money at 'big names' who aren't going to fit in to the same team and system and have signed 25 players in the last year. They'll probably sign 25 players next year as well :rolleyes:

Very pleased with the performance, although even in the circumstances we should have won the game. Will take a point though having gone behind twice, lost Neil Taylor to injuy and Chico getting sent off though but we were the much better side on the day.

Not happy with the referee, denied us what looked like a stonewall penalty then Sunderland go up the other end and in imaginery time win a very harsh free kick which they scored from. Very harsh red card for Chico as well, don't think it was anything more then a yellow, think we should be appealing it.

Showed great charachter to come from behind twice, whilst everything was going against us so i'm pleased and nobody in the side played poorly. Hope we don't lose Chico for three games though, and hopefully Neil Taylor's injury isn't too bad as well although Ben Davies did brilliantly in his absence.

Vorm - 6

Chico - 7

Williams - 7

Rangel - 7

Taylor - 6

Britton - 7

De Guzman - 8

Michu - 8

Dyer - 8

Routledge - 9 (MOTM)

Graham - 8

Subs: Davies (9), Tate (7), Ki (8)

Neil Taylor's out for the season with a broken ankle which is awful news.

I'm happy with Ben Davies, but I don't think we can rely on him for the whole season and I'd prefer it if we signed a free agent or got a more long term solution in January.

Asier Del Horno's a free agent, i'd take him for sure. I know he's 31 now but a great player in his prime and certainly worth a look at with him being as experienced as he is.

neither were red cards' date=' first wasnt even a foul and the actual red card offence was a booking at worse[/quote']The first was worse than the one Huddlestone got a straight red for.

The second he kicked him in the head. Actually made an effort to do it too, don't know what was going through his mind but there's no way that was just a yellow.

Young Ben Davies has been called up to the Wales squad for Belgium and Serbia in Taylor's place, that's excellent news. What a huge rise for him in such a short space of time, he wasn't even known before pre season and now he's in the Wales team and possibly going to be first choice left back for us this season. Have to say he's looked better than Neil Taylor did when he was brought in to the team towards the start of our promotion winning season due to injuries, so hopefully he can keep the performances up and keep on improving.

Laudrup looks like he's going to have a look at the free agents availible, which is needed. Davies is a good young player, but we can't rely on him to play 37 Premier League games this season as he's so inexperienced and hadn't played professionally before the start of this season.

The first was worse than the one Huddlestone got a straight red for.

The second he kicked him in the head. Actually made an effort to do it too' date=' don't know what was going through his mind but there's no way that was just a yellow.[/quote']

chicho blatently played the ball and i dont think huddlestones was a straight red either. second one was a stupid thing to do but there was barely any contact and in my opinion was a yellow at worse.

Looks like we're signing Dwight Tiendalli to help out at left back with Neil Taylor injured, would be very happy with this signing with him being the first choice left back for FC Twente for a while (including when they won the League) and should be good enough to play regularly.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/09/09/91466-31795487/

The first was worse than the one Huddlestone got a straight red for.

The second he kicked him in the head. Actually made an effort to do it too' date=' don't know what was going through his mind but there's no way that was just a yellow.[/quote']

Depends how you interpret it but I thought it was a heavy but fair challenge which got the ball.

I don't think he actually touched Saha with the high foot, which for me made that 2nd offence a yellow card at worst. I think Saha anticipated it and just faked injury.

Vorm - 6

Chico - 7

Williams - 7

Rangel - 7

Taylor - 6

Britton - 7

De Guzman - 8

Michu - 8

Dyer - 8

Routledge - 9 (MOTM)

Graham - 8

Subs: Davies (9)' date=' Tate (7), Ki (8)[/quote']

Disagree with Graham warranting an 8. I thought he was anonymous and looked very lazy at times.

Davies looked too overwhelmed with the occasion (Which is understandable) and didn't do much for me but he did okay.

Routledge was easily MOTM (Closely followed by Dyer), and I was very impressed with Ki's natural ball retention when he came on, especially as Swansea had 10 men and were still dominating.

Tate still gives me the shudders when the ball is played to him, emphasised by that ridiculous backpass to Vorm towards the end, after he came on at centre back.

The rest were as expected.

Just wonder how Pablo will fit in because I'm sure a 5.5 million pound signing won't be left on the bench.

Hi. When will Dyer serve his suspension? Will he miss EPL matches?

Dyer will serve his suspension against Crawley' date=' whilst Chico will serve the final match of his suspension against Crawley so both will be back for our next Premier League match against Stoke :)

I'd go with this team for Crawley, it'll probably be a bit stronger than this but I can see us struggling in this one:

[center']Tremmel

Rangel - Monk - Tate - Tiendalli

Gower - Britton

Moore - De Guzman - Routledge

Shechter[/center]

Tricky game at Crawley tonight, will there be an upset?

:P

I think Swindon Town will be one of the smaller teams what could go through they play against Burnley.

According to on the 'Crawley V Swansea' match preview Pablo Hernandez is out with a knee injury, doubt he would feature at Crawley anyway though because of the premier league at the weekend.

Oh and Jack, what do you think of Ben Davies, is he one you think has got a really bright future and is worth buying on SM, (I brought him the other day)

I noticed you put Tiendalli as the LB for tonight (Your prediction) - But if Davies does start at Stoke I think Walters/Kightly will give him a good run for his money.

Tricky game at Crawley tonight' date=' will there be an upset?
:P

I think Swindon Town will be one of the smaller teams what could go through they play against Burnley.

According to on the 'Crawley V Swansea' match preview Pablo Hernandez is out with a knee injury, doubt he would feature at Crawley anyway though because of the premier league at the weekend.

Oh and Jack, what do you think of Ben Davies, is he one you think has got a really bright future and is worth buying on SM, (I brought him the other day)

I noticed you put Tiendalli as the LB for tonight (Your prediction) - But if Davies does start at Stoke I think Walters/Kightly will give him a good run for his money.[/center']

I can see there being one tbh, we've lost to a lot lower opposition in cup competitions in recent years but it would be nice to win. Laudrup is taking the COC seriously. Hopefully it's a chance to get back to winning ways more than anything.

Davies does look like he's going to be a good player for the future, i'd definatly buy him, he'll get a quick rise anyway. He is very quick, good on the ball and so far has been good defensively. He's come up against Adam Johnson and Matt Jarvis so far, and he's certainly been quicker than them, perhaps lacks physicality but so did Neil Taylor.

As for Tiendalli, he needs match fitness. That's why i'd give him 90 minutes tonight, if he does well then he may play but i'd be happy with Davies against Stoke.

Hernandez went off at half time against Everton injured, not sure how serious it would be and not sure if he can make the Stoke game. If he doesn't Routledge would be a good deputy.

I would say its opposite to that for Stoke because after we play Swansea we have got Liverpool and Manchester United away from home. (2 away games) so if we pick up just a point or less against you then it wont be that good after 8 games although in November we have got matches what are definitely winnable' date=' we play QPR, Fulham and Newcastle at the Brit and we play away at Norwich and West Ham, so out of all them games were capable of getting at least a point each time. :P[/center']

Just carrying this across.

A point would be excellent for us going in to two winnable games at home to Reading and Wigan.

Then we start to play some of the bigger teams after 8 games, but hopefully we'll have 10 points or more by that stage.

The team for Crawley tonight is strong, hopefully we'll get back to winning ways.

Tremmel, Tiendalli, Monk ©, Ki, Davies, Britton, Gower, Michu, Richards, Routledge, Moore

Subs : Cornell, Tate, Situ, Lucas, Alfei, Donnelly, Graham

Not quite sure how we're lining up though, could be any of these three formations:

Tremmel

Tiendalli - Monk - Ki - Davies

Britton - Gower

Routledge - Michu - Richards

Moore

Tremmel

Tiendalli - Monk - Ki - Davies

Britton - Gower - Richards

Routledge ...................................... Moore

Michu

Tremmel

Richards - Monk - Tiendalli - Davies

Britton - Gower - Ki

Routledge ...................................... Moore

Michu

3-2 full time, late goal from Garry Monk. Very pleased we're through, have avoided extra time and got ourselves back to winning ways. Sounded like it was very much a deserved win although i'm basing that on local media coverage alone. Good to see us taking 1000 (of a total attendence of 3500) there, would have liked to have gone to Crawley, if we get drawn away in the next round though i'm likely to go. Hopefully we'll get Bradford/Burton.

So' date=' whats up with Swansea? How come after such a good start they just started losing the latest games against some 'average' teams?[/quote']

It's not like away game to Stoke is "average" fixture. Even big club will be happy with a point there. What happen to Swansea is normal in my view, of course they can't keep being in high level for too many matches

Yeah playing at Stoke is a tough game, we are classed as an 'average club' but at the Brit we are a lot better than we are away, looking at our record over past seasons will show that.

If it was Swansea V Stoke at the Liberty then as a Stoke fan I would be really happy with a point their.