Sign in to follow this  
swanseajack

Official Swansea City Thread

Re: Official Swansea City Thread

The fact he was at fault for both goals were also nullified by the fact he helped us to score both goals. For me Chico was at fault for the second goal' date=' backing off Moses and allowing him to go unchallenged until the edge of the box.

The fact your jumping on his back for two misplaced passes isn't really on, we're going to concede goals like that the way we've played and Ben Davies, Ashley Williams and Angel Rangel have all been at fault for goals like that in the past.

Shelvey didn't really put much of a foot wrong second half, he was a big reason for our improvement in the second half and to get the likes of Davies, De Guzman and Routledge in to the game a lot more.[/quote']

Look how basic those errors were though. The first one can happen to anybody, but that 2nd pass straight to Moses was horrifying.

The thing I dislike is how he is guaranteed a starting berth week in week out. Pozuelo has had a better start to his Swansea career than Shelvey has, but he will never start ahead of Shelvey in league games because he didn't cost 5 million.

It's not as if I am jumping on his back. I was never in agreement with the signing in the first place and I will maintain that he doesn't fully suit Swansea's style of play.

For proof of the pudding just watch the Valencia game. Not as if Shelvey was missed there at all.

Look how basic those errors were though. The first one can happen to anybody' date=' but that 2nd pass straight to Moses was horrifying.

The thing I dislike is how he is guaranteed a starting berth week in week out. Pozuelo has had a better start to his Swansea career than Shelvey has, but he will never start ahead of Shelvey in league games because he didn't cost 5 million.

It's not as if I am jumping on his back. I was never in agreement with the signing in the first place and I will maintain that he doesn't fully suit Swansea's style of play.

For proof of the pudding just watch the Valencia game. Not as if Shelvey was missed there at all.[/quote']

Canas did exactly the same thing for the second pass against Valencia, it can happen to anybody, players make poor passes and plenty of our players lost the ball in the opposition half. What was horrifying is that Moses went from his own half to the edge of the area unchallenged.

Pozuelo and Shelvey are entirely different players, and aren't competing for the same role. Pozuelo has to settle in to the country, and has started plenty of games whilst it's not as big of a difference to Shelvey who's played at this level for a couple of years and won't take as long to settle in on and off the pitch. He is not guarenteed to start week in, week out, he doesn't start week in, week out. He'd played the first few games of the season because De Guzman had started the season poorly, who's competing with him for that box to box midfield role.

You are clearly jumping on his back and unfairly criticizing him, if your going to state that he's not any good because we can play well without him. We didn't seem to miss Ashley Williams against Valencia either, that doesn't mean he's not any good,

Canas has been prone to an error in fairness, he seems to be a bit reckless to me but then I suppose his job is to break up play.

With Moses though it's the midfield who would be dealing with a run like that, except Shelvey's pass has sold the whole Swansea midfield a dummy meaning they have been caught upfield. Then in amends of trying to make up for that pass he has been dragged away by a Sturridge run which was never really threatening.

Well they both play can a similar role in my eyes. Pozuelo likes to drift about in the hole with freedom but I imagine that's where Shelvey will want to play as well judging by how far he pushed up to set Michu up against Pool.

I don't really see how I am 'unfairly' criticising him, when he has made not 1 but 2 schoolboy errors in the same game. Even before that game though he seemed to me that he was giving the ball away more than any other player on the pitch, which you cannot afford to do at Swansea.

Not sure if it was a case of us being extremely poor or you being extremely good. It could have been 3/4-0 easily. Play like that regularly' date=' and it's only a matter of time before you break into the top 5/6.[/quote']

Palace?

Canas has been prone to an error in fairness' date=' he seems to be a bit reckless to me but then I suppose his job is to break up play.

With Moses though it's the midfield who would be dealing with a run like that, except Shelvey's pass has sold the whole Swansea midfield a dummy meaning they have been caught upfield. Then in amends of trying to make up for that pass he has been dragged away by a Sturridge run which was never really threatening.

Well they both play can a similar role in my eyes. Pozuelo likes to drift about in the hole with freedom but I imagine that's where Shelvey will want to play as well judging by how far he pushed up to set Michu up against Pool.

I don't really see how I am 'unfairly' criticising him, when he has made not 1 but 2 schoolboy errors in the same game. Even before that game though he seemed to me that he was giving the ball away more than any other player on the pitch, which you cannot afford to do at Swansea.

Palace?[/quote']

Pozuelo's prefered role is in the hole, where Michu is occupying. Shelvey's preferred role is as the box to box midfielder, competing for De Guzman and that's why Shelvey's been playing in the league and Michu hasn't.

We wouldn't be able to play say Pozuelo, Michu, Bony, Pablo and Routledge all in the same team, but we can play Shelvey, Michu, Bony, Pablo and Routledge in the same team.

You can afford to do that here at Swansea, and several players will make one or two schoolboy errors every now and then. The likes of Ashley Williams and Angel Rangel have been able to get away with half a dozen or so schoolboy errors.

Shelvey is a more direct player, but we've got plenty of players like him, Pablo and Routledge who try to open the game up and naturally in playing that role will lose the ball more often. Shelvey's more than shown his worth in the final third already.

Ok so Michu just got kicked in the head' date=' not a penalty. :confused: Play is not stopped for a head injury and then another clear foul not given moments later.

Michu's going to need stitches for that.

Shocking refereeing.[/quote']

It's ridiculous, there's three referees watching the incident and none seem to spot the fact he gets kicked in the head, and not one of them sees that Michu is down with a big cut on his head.

The referee was so inconsistent today, and the referees in this competition so far have been horrific.

Pozuelo looks like very decent prospect!

He's a brilliant player. With Michu out, he should be given some regular game time behind the striker in the Premier League and I think he could be a very big player for us this season.

We played well today, disappointing not to get all three points as I thought we'd wrapped the game up.

Coming to Wales tomorrow for the game' date=' I think we will get at least a point out of it.[/quote']

It can go either way when we play you, or any more physical direct side really.

We seem to be doing better away from home at the minute, I don't have a clue what the team will be and my confidence of getting something from the game will depend on it. I'm really hoping Pozuelo is played in behind Bony, and unless there's any other injuries I think that side will be good enough to win.