Can we have the old game back please??

Guest Shep

Thanks to the finance changes I have no money despite not having many top earners and concentrating on up and coming players. On top of that my chairman blocks swap deals despite the value difference not being great ... and me wanting to swap players on the up for ones on the way down.

All that is left to do is set up the team for the next game and sell players which is not much fun really (I feel like Chelsea ... although at least they can appeal!!). I have quit all but my longest running teams and I know others are doing the same. Please let us have the old fun game back!! :confused:

Re: Can we have the old game back please??

The money was taken away because SM revised how much you get from gate receipts as teams such as Barcelona were getting 5x or even 10x more than a lower ranked side. They lowered the amount the top teams get from gate receipts but the amount recieved from everything else rose by a small amount. Overall, however, the amount raised from a single match probably went down.

The reason why clubs lost a lot of their wealth is to, in effect, "purify" the richer teams by bringing them onto as similar a level as possible with the lower ranked sides. Obviously teams with big stadia are going to have more money again but the economy improvement slightly bridges the gulf between smaller and larger teams. My Club Brugge, which has a 29997 seater stadium, had £136million when I took them over. A couple of weeks later this went down to £3.4million when the economy was revised. Now I make £1million profit per home game before wages and ground maintenance, and I have to pay my players wages for the away game, in which I make a loss. In the end I make a profit of something like £350k every two games.

If you have a spare few hours you might want to read this thread: Gold Championship Gameworld Economies

As for your chairman issues, there are numerous reasons why they might be blocking your deals as they may feel it heavily favours one team or the like.

i personally liked it better when we got sumat lik 13 mill of the chairman at the end of the season but now its changed i think its more of a challenge as you have to sell players to but we cant all have 100 mill in the bank its more of a challenge dont look at it in a bad way just look at it as a more life like way

I liked part of the old ways better. This new stuff just kills the smaller teams. I had sold a bunch of my players with Notts to get up to an even budget in GC44, got promoted into div 3... nothing. In real life, promotion gets you a heck of a cash reward because of various, etc. Not a penny for my promoted squad.

It feels like SM may have sacrificed fun for realism.

i surpose in someways it has been made to realistic but in someways unrealistic i manage a chesterfield in a gold championship and they have 800k for tranfers and noing the club as ive been to quite a few of there matches there in way to much debt to have that much for transfers i think in a way no matter what sm do some1 wil always like the other way better i agree with you tho you should have had some money even if its 2 mill its a big amount for a club like notts county and would cme in handy when the big clubs are forced to sell the young players they dont use because of this new rule coming in

I liked part of the old ways better. This new stuff just kills the smaller teams. I had sold a bunch of my players with Notts to get up to an even budget in GC44' date=' got promoted into div 3... nothing. In real life, promotion gets you a heck of a cash reward because of various, etc. Not a penny for my promoted squad.

[b']It feels like SM may have sacrificed fun for realism.[/b]

I have to agree, SM is slowly becoming a mini version of the Football Manager game, without the fun of cash injections that you get on Football Manager.

I'v said it a 1000 times in the last 18 months lol, I'd of prefered a squad cap alongside cash injections so people can still wheel and deal, have cash, keep a stable team if they wish to and when it comes in, in the next 6 months or so, would be able to choose which players they released back into the transfer market to be able to keep balance in the team, rather than have players wanting to leave and create unbalanced teams that some of us have taken over 3 years to build.

I'm having troubles with the new 'attitude' of the chairman, who seems worse than ever before!

Just when I thought I had him worked out and we were getting along ok, SM rework the head of my chairman and the idiot hits the fan all over again!!! :mad:

I just t ried to sign a 78 rated player and used my 4th choice GK, rated 80 and roughly the same value as he was 1 year older, to do so. The deal was accepted, only for my chairman to stop it from completing because he doesn't want to lose the 80 rated GK! ? Who's managing the team? Me or AI??

Fair enough maybe if he was my No 1 Gk or even reserve, but he's a 20 yr old youngster and 4th choice (out of 5 Gks in squad).

I must say, I preferred the old game and worry about the popularity of the game. I think SM have made some disasterous decisions of late, which have ruined the fun aspect for many managers.

I'm happy to announce that I haven't renewed my Gold Membership as a result, and now only manage 3 instead of 13 teams. I know I'm not alone and I'm sure many others will follow my way of thinking. SAD TIMES! :(

Herby

I'm having troubles with the new 'attitude' of the chairman' date=' who seems worse than ever before!

Just when I thought I had him worked out and we were getting along ok, SM rework the head of my chairman and the idiot hits the fan all over again!!! :mad:

I just t ried to sign a 78 rated player and used my 4th choice GK, rated 80 and roughly the same value as he was 1 year older, to do so. The deal was accepted, only for my chairman to stop it from completing because he doesn't want to lose the 80 rated GK! ? Who's managing the team? Me or AI??

Fair enough maybe if he was my No 1 Gk or even reserve, but he's a 20 yr old youngster and 4th choice (out of 5 Gks in squad).

I must say, I preferred the old game and worry about the popularity of the game. I think SM have made some disasterous decisions of late, which have ruined the fun aspect for many managers.

I'm happy to announce that I haven't renewed my Gold Membership as a result, and now only manage 3 instead of 13 teams. I know I'm not alone and I'm sure many others will follow my way of thinking. SAD TIMES! :(

Herby[/quote']

Sorry to spoil the party, but ever since I play the game, a straight swap of one player who's worth more than the one you're trying to sign never worked.

Sorry to spoil the party' date=' but ever since I play the game, a straight swap of one player who's worth more than the one you're trying to sign never worked.[/quote']

I used to always be able to do deals like the above as long as I wasnt going way over the price.

I have always traded out higher rated players how lower rated ones who I thought would jump in the next rating change.

Sorry to spoil the party' date=' but ever since I play the game, a straight swap of one player who's worth more than the one you're trying to sign never worked.[/quote']

Phil, you're not spoiling the party .... SM has already done that for you! ;)

I don't think it's unreasonable to swap a 20 yr old, 80 rated GK for a 19 yr old, 78 rated CB. Do you?? :rolleyes:

The value difference was 200K or something ....

What upsets me is that, the chairman takes away a lot of the manager's freedom in deals. That's the main reason I play the game!! :o

I still stand by my belief that SM should reward players for showing loyalty to a club. I have looked after this teams for over 2 years, show some faith in your manager dear chairman (irrespective of success, although perhaps promotions and finishes should somehow be included in the formula).

NO-ONE will change my mind regarding the fact that these changes are detrimental to the game. Percentage of managed teams continues to decline in most setups, as managers quit in droves either because they are struggling with the new fianancial constraints or live crowd attendances, or simply because the chairman is over bearing and ruining the game!! :mad:

Herby

p.s. Nells, maybe I'm just getting grumpy and cynical in my old age! :P

Phil' date=' you're not spoiling the party .... SM has already done that for you! ;)

I don't think it's unreasonable to swap a 20 yr old, 80 rated GK for a 19 yr old, 78 rated CB. Do you?? :rolleyes:

The value difference was 200K or something ....

What upsets me is that, the chairman takes away a lot of the manager's freedom in deals. That's the main reason I play the game!! :o

I still stand by my belief that SM should reward players for showing loyalty to a club. I have looked after this teams for over 2 years, show some faith in your manager dear chairman (irrespective of success, although perhaps promotions and finishes should somehow be included in the formula).

NO-ONE will change my mind regarding the fact that these changes are detrimental to the game. Percentage of managed teams continues to decline in most setups, as managers quit in droves either because they are struggling with the new fianancial constraints or live crowd attendances, or simply because the chairman is over bearing and ruining the game!! :mad:

Herby

p.s. Nells, maybe I'm just getting grumpy and cynical in my old age! :P[/quote']

Nah I'm all for the manager having as much power and control as possible.

I have said for years the chairmans strictness should depend on how long you have been at the club and how well you have done etc.

Ive managed Grimsby in EC45 since I started SM all those years ago, started with a team worth no more than around 1mil and nobody above 65 rated rotting in div 4 with 3mil funds and a 9k stadium.

I'm now in division 1, some amazing players and have a squad better than most the div 1 teams so there is no way should he all of a sudden take away my power, Ive taken the club to were it is not my chairman I should have FULL control over the club with regards to transfers etc as I have made the club its money, its success and "proved" I know what im doing

Tried to buy a player using one of my own as swap. Deal accepted. Chairman blocked. So I bought the player I wanted in cash deal and put my own player on Transfer market. Got the player I wanted. Sold the player I needed to sell, but for much less than the swap deal offered. So much for the Chairman acting in the club's interest !

This has happened twice.

Nah I'm all for the manager having as much power and control as possible.

I have said for years the chairmans strictness should depend on how long you have been at the club and how well you have done etc.

Ive managed Grimsby in EC45 since I started SM all those years ago' date=' started with a team worth no more than around 1mil and nobody above 65 rated rotting in div 4 with 3mil funds and a 9k stadium.

I'm now in division 1, some amazing players and have a squad better than most the div 1 teams so there is no way should he all of a sudden take away my power, Ive taken the club to were it is not my chairman I should have FULL control over the club with regards to transfers etc as I have made the club its money, its success and "proved" I know what im doing[/quote']

Exactly Neller, that's my point and yet NONE of that is taken into consideration by your chairman. He treats you the same as a newbie manager, who's been playing the game for days or weeks, rather than years!!

I'm sure the longer serving managers in the EPL, like SAF and Wenger, even Rafa get their way without the chairmen overuling them. They have a good track record in the transfer market and therefore the chairman trusts them, and shows faith after years of good results.

Why doesn't SM look at these changes? It would stop club hopping, something many managers (me included) hate.

I was looking at Villareal in an old set up (World Championship 7) the other day and in 10 seasons it has been managed by 64 managers, the longest of which was in charge for 67 games (approx 2 seasons), but the average was 6-10 days. No wonder the team and club aren't attractive for someone to manage now. :rolleyes:

Herby

I have to agree that recently I feel as if the chairman and AI are making the decisions. I don't feel very in control when it comes to transfers, there isnt even much point of making a bid for a player as there is only a certain ammount you can bid before it is stopped.

I am also going round the bend with some of the blocks that get thrown up.

I have tried to unload some older players for newer risers that are close dollar value of the geriatric only to time and again have the chairman intercede like I was trading away his grandkid to nazi's as a love slave.

I wish I could give him a swift kick to the 1's and 0's and tell him that he just lost another kid that was going to be worth twice as much in couple week's.

As one poster mentioned I would totally be for a scale that has the chairman loosen the grip the higher your rating.

I wind up selling for cash and then paying more in the end than if I had done the trade.... if the player has not already been scooped up. :mad:

If this goes on they need to change the name from soccermanager to chairmanspuppet

I am also going round the bend with some of the blocks that get thrown up.

I have tried to unload some older players for newer risers that are close dollar value of the geriatric only to time and again have the chairman intercede like I was trading away his grandkid to nazi's as a love slave.

I wish I could give him a swift kick to the 1's and 0's and tell him that he just lost another kid that was going to be worth twice as much in couple week's.

As one poster mentioned I would totally be for a scale that has the chairman loosen the grip the higher your rating.

I wind up selling for cash and then paying more in the end than if I had done the trade.... if the player has bot already been scooped up. :mad:

If this goes on they need to change the name from soccermanager to chairmanspuppet

Quote of the month for me!! :D:D:D:D

Couldn't agree more.

Herby

I liked part of the old ways better. This new stuff just kills the smaller teams. I had sold a bunch of my players with Notts to get up to an even budget in GC44' date=' got promoted into div 3... nothing. In real life, promotion gets you a heck of a cash reward because of various, etc. Not a penny for my promoted squad.

It feels like SM may have sacrificed fun for realism.[/quote']

ye agree with this...... especially when you think fo the logic-they are taking away the cash but then they went and INCREASED the value of veterans... i really want this changed back!

I do agree that the game is slightly over-realistic but at the same time, the game is run logically and chairman showing faith in a manager is not logic, therefore it would be difficult for SM to allow the chairman to hand more and more control over to the manager.

If you ask me, I could probably hand pick all of the deals I have had stopped by my chairmen since I joined the game. I'll admit that the ones that did get stopped are quite hard to understand as to why they were stopped, but I think that if, for example, you have a player worth £xmiliion and you trade that player for two players worth less, the chairman will argue that the team is being weakened as the players coming in are rated less. In the real world this won't happen because the chairman will look at the player(s) coming in and ask to see how much potential the player(s) have. But as the system is logical it won't differentiate between a player with a high level of potential and a player with a low level of potential.

Another reason I disagree is because the manager in question might have managed the team for 100 games but have done really badly. Why does this warrant more trust from the chairman? At the same time another manager might have managed another team in the same setup for 100 games and did very well, and won some honours in that time, or at least made the club more stable than it was at the start. It won't be easy for the chairman to differentiate as it doesn't compute the number of honours to the manager, instead it does this to the club so to the chairman, it isn't really the manager that has won the honours but the club.

I also don't see why you need cash injections if there is a squad cap because if most people are buying to the limit imposed then people will just resort to part exchange. A squad cap in itself is a bad idea anyway and there is a thread dedicated for it.

In short, I disgaree with everyone. :P

Much prefer the new game system.

Sure I get a few blocked deals by my chairman that made financial sense to me, but hey, its the same for everyone from the sounds of it.

Took over Histon in Div 4 with a stadium cap of just 3,800 just over 3 months ago. Histon's squad contained players all rated in the low 60's and I was given a transfer budget of just £1.8M. :(

I play in a gameworld where the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid play as well as minnows and the seasons last just 9 weeks with just one automatic promotion.

What attracted me to playing with a small team was the new system. I was going to get a fairer share of the TV money etc if I can get to play with the likes of Man Utd in Div 1 one day.

Season 1 - I got promoted via the play offs and I managed to wheeler deal Diego Perotti, Glen Johnson, Juan Forlin, Kevin Davies and Thomas Vermaelen into my Histon team well aswell as Sandro and Neymar and a 53 man youth squad. Mainly through buying 10K risers and players like Nicolas Otamendi purchased for 300K and sold 10 weeks later for over £9M.

My squad is now worth over £50m+ and I am challenging myself and have managed to beat Man Utd in the Cup as probably my best win to date.

I certainly don't want the bad old days when I would never be able to compete with my Histon team against the big boys.

My goal, to get to play and be competitive in Div 1 and share some of the TV riches the likes of Real Madrid enjoy, the fact I have gone from a squad worth less than £1M to one worth over 50 times this figure in just 3 months proves it can be done.

Sure, I will never earn the same money as Chelsea but I can now at least earn enough money to compete in the transfer market.

One day I will play and beat the big boys and share their TV revenue wealth, something the bad old system would never have allowed me to partake in.

I can now look forward to eating at the same dining table at Barca and swallow a chunk of their TV cake. :)

i think sm have tri to make the gam better and fairer in the process but at the same time they have taken the money away from teams giving the manager less opertunity to buy players and then when we do have money the chairman then decides to stick is nose in i tried to swap kuzsack for cissohko of lyon he stoped it because he dident wana lose him but i had van dr sar and foster infront of him then it hit me more deals get stoped when you trade lower rated players than the big name players i.e i sold ronaldo for 65 mill +henry+bojan but this wasent stoped i think if there not guna chane it they need to help us out a bit more as managers either they give us more control season after season or they when we bid for a player instead of saying bid accepted then bid stopped why not say in the frst plac the chairman will not sanction this deal then that way were not waiting 24 hours to find out its been stopped the chairman just woudent let us put the bid in the first place

Archived