JC'S DETAILED GUIDE To Success In Soccermanager

J_C

Re: JC'S DETAILED GUIDE To Success In Soccermanager

Hi iam new on forums' date='but i play this game for a few weeks,game is great and iam doing good job...but i have a question for you...

first...at the end of the season,will my club gain a new transfer budget or not :confused:

and second...some players are in last year of contract and icant give them new contract,will my chairman do that at the end of the season???

plss help :o[/quote']

chairman wont give them contract and u ll get few millions when new season starts

Hello, I am new to this game. I wanted to know how player ratings go up. I have bought a few free agents who are 18-22 years old, and want to know how I am supposed to increase their rating. Also, do we get any cash bonuses for winning cup/shield games? Thank you.

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif edit.gifNo one is answering my post elsewhere so please answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi iam new on forums' date='but i play this game for a few weeks,game is great and iam doing good job...but i have a question for you...

first...at the end of the season,will my club gain a new transfer budget or not :confused:

and second...some players are in last year of contract and icant give them new contract,will my chairman do that at the end of the season???

You get award money, sponsorship etc at the start of each season and the chairman WILL give them a new contract - says in the help files, "Your Chairman will automatically renew a players contract if it is about to expire and in order to protect their assets and prevent them leaving for free." (see link below)..

http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=53&pid=309#p_309 (click on "contract")

DON'T listen to CB below, he is renowned by many as a troll as he is always giving wrong advice... just out of interest, why can you not give your players a new contract??

You get award money' date=' sponsorship etc at the start of each season and the chairman WILL give them a new contract - says in the help files, [u']"Your Chairman will automatically renew a players contract if it is about to expire and in order to protect their assets and prevent them leaving for free."[/u] (see link below)..

http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=53&pid=309#p_309 (click on "contract")

DON'T listen to CB below, he is renowned by many as a troll as he is always giving wrong advice... just out of interest, why can you not give your players a new contract??

Chairman doesnt automatically renew contracts believe me........if u re playing longer u would know it newbie

It will depend on how much your squad's value compared to the rest of the teams in your respectively gw.f

If it is much lower,chairman will give u more transfer budget,n helps to upgrade your stadium.

Normally, a league title is worth abt 8.5 mill,3.5 mill in world champ cup,3 mill in world shield and 1.5 mill in charity shield.not too sure abt champions cup.it should generate abt 10 mill if u reach the final.

Chairman doesnt automatically renew contracts believe me........if u re playing longer u would know it newbie

What makes you think I am a newbie CB?? Being a new user of the forum doesn't mean I'm a new player of the game. Imho' date=' it doesn't matter one bit anyway, take yourself for example, 3600+ posts, a high % of them negative and un-constructive judging by the sample I have seen... so in my eyes, that means that being "experienced" you either [b']do not have a clue[/b] what you're talking about or that you are indeed a troll with nothing better to do than intentionally give bad advice... I base this on posts I have read on this forum posted over a period of time. On a number of occasions, more experienced players, (than you or I), have told you the same/similar things. :P;)

As it happens, being pre-exemptive, I'm very experienced in forums, (I run a football-game forum myself for a popular mobile game), so I do know what a troll is. I also know to check the facts before I post advice - something maybe you should try!! In such vain, having researched before I provided my opinion, I searched the forum and found numerous posts which verify my offering - from expert forummers, highly repped and highly valued - but instead of linking to them, I linked to the help files as it's much more authoritative to a new member... Thats not to say I can't provide such links to back up my answer if need be... now I wonder, can you safely say you can do the same to back up your answers/posts?? :);)

BTW, if the chairman didnt actually renew the contract, then there are countless players I should have lost over the last cpl years, but to the best of my knowledge, I havent lost one and have kept numerous others that I am aware of... :);)

What makes you think I am a newbie CB?? Being a new user of the forum doesn't mean I'm a new player of the game. Imho' date=' it doesn't matter one bit anyway, take yourself for example, 3600+ posts, a high % of them negative and un-constructive judging by the sample I have seen... so in my eyes, that means that being "experienced" you either [b']do not have a clue[/b] what you're talking about or that you are indeed a troll with nothing better to do than intentionally give bad advice... I base this on posts I have read on this forum posted over a period of time. On a number of occasions, more experienced players, (than you or I), have told you the same/similar things. :P;)

As it happens, being pre-exemptive, I'm very experienced in forums, (I run a football-game forum myself for a popular mobile game), so I do know what a troll is. I also know to check the facts before I post advice - something maybe you should try!! In such vain, having researched before I provided my opinion, I searched the forum and found numerous posts which verify my offering - from expert forummers, highly repped and highly valued - but instead of linking to them, I linked to the help files as it's much more authoritative to a new member... Thats not to say I can't provide such links to back up my answer if need be... now I wonder, can you safely say you can do the same to back up your answers/posts?? :);)

BTW, if the chairman didnt actually renew the contract, then there are countless players I should have lost over the last cpl years, but to the best of my knowledge, I havent lost one and have kept numerous others that I am aware of... :);)

first my repps and reputation talking about am i trolling or not/my rep8/---when i give advice/people are gratefull and satisfied/and from my 3600post not even 1000 are advices/so my reputation would be much bigger if there was more advices/u say i give bad advice-------give examples----i am not obligated to listen others forumers what is better----------i post my opinions from watching games/not from statistical sites----every human make mistakes/we arent robots

as far chairman renewing u get most players with 5 y contracts so it s very long on sm u dont have to renew contract at least 10 seasons..........in that time he ll get some concern/lack of games/or wage/or loan

Hey' date=' JC, I need help here -> I want to know why 3-5-2 is popular when big teams like real madrid & barcelona play 4-2-3-1 & 4-3-3 winger respectively in real life,, knowing the fact that soccermanager is largely based on real life??

Real life formation of Real Madrid -

Casillas

Ramos------Pepe---------Carvalho-----Marcelo

L.Diarra--------X.Alonso

A.Di Maria----------Kaka/Ozil----------Ronaldo

Benzema/Higuain

Real life formation of Barcelona -

Valdez

D.Alves-----Puyol---------Pique--------Abidal

Busquets

Xavi---------Cesc/Iniesta

Sanchez---------Messi-------------Pedro/Villa

Please reply!![/quote']

Couple of points:

Firstly just because real madrid and barca play these formations it doesn't mean these formations are necessarily the best, the quality of the players may well mean it doesn't matter what formation they play.

More importantly however SM is based on real life, but is based on real life rather badly. They're level of realism is not even close and for that reason it happened 3-5-2 was effective in the previously described circumstances given their match model at the time. I havent done much testing recently so if they have made any changes it may not hold anymore.

Thanks JC

first my repps and reputation talking about am i trolling or not/my rep8/---when i give advice/people are gratefull and satisfied/and from my 3600post not even 1000 are advices/so my reputation would be much bigger if there was more advices/u say i give bad advice-------give examples----i am not obligated to listen others forumers what is better----------i post my opinions from watching games/not from statistical sites----every human make mistakes/we arent robots

Yeh' date=' thats the sort of response I expected tbh :) Thing is, anyone can rep anybody for anything on here CB - hell, I could set up another account and rep me all night long... doesnt mean anything does it?? Only your posts will show whether your rep is deserved as can be seen from many seriously helpful forummers :) The proof is in the pudding as the saying goes my friend - to that end, I'm not going to waste my time going through all your posts to show what we both already know... anyone who's so inclined can do that for themselves :);) funny how you say you don't post from statistical sites as that has also been mentioned about you too, (that you pay [b']too[/b] much attention to them!!) but as I say, anyone can see that for themselves by checking through your posts/threads - best go delete them quick huh?? ;) lol

The other day, which you conveniently forget, I posted a question about youngsters and which I should sell or keep, (LINK: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=110749).

Approx 50-60 young players I listed and you said 'i personally would sell all not 1 is very bright prospect'.

Some of the players: YENNARIS, Nicholas; MAHER, Adam; GARDNER, Gary; LASOGGA, Pierre-Michel; Guilherme Juan; Marcos Rojo; and thats just a few that are not bright prospects in your opinion!!!

Fair enough, you gave your opinion, thats good. But seriously, what sort of advice is that to offer a new user, if I didnt know any better then I could well have listened to you and got ripped off!!! My point is, you see me posting - 'Newbie' as you say - and you offer an opinion like that but then you say you only offer opinions on players you've seen playing. not from statistical sites?? So you have watched every single one of these players playing have you?? and you say they are all rubbish...:eek: if not then you have just contradicted yourself yet again. :rolleyes: If so, well, you can see the opinions of the other posters for yourself and how much they differ from you - amongst other things... of course humans make mistakes, hence my reason for checking my facts before I post!!! I totally understand that, what I am saying is that you should be imho, more considerate to where a person is at before offering such opinions... Who knows how many other inexperienced people you have give similar advice to who, on the basis of your 'rep' and 'post count', (I say that loosely in this case), have took you at face value :);) And I have seen that sort of thing from you before CB... the tragic thing is, that may be who's been repping you, people who know no different, but hey, I'm just summising!! :rolleyes:

as far chairman renewing u get most players with 5 y contracts so it s very long on sm u dont have to renew contract at least 10 seasons..........in that time he ll get some concern/lack of games/or wage/or loan
:confused:

Beg to differ here, but in my experience this isnt the case at all... whenever you get a team, (whether new or old), the players all have varying lengths on contracts as do new signings!! I don't quite see what this has to do with the original post about chairmen renewing contracts anyway?? Thats a totally different question son :);) As for the concerns, to be fair, that's a pretty simplistic yet broad statement - just conjecture some may say, as it all depends which players concerned, how often they play, average rating of squad, size of squad, age of player etc...

Anyway CB my friend, I think it best for the sake of ourselves, the forum and members to draw a line under this so the thread doesnt become about our opinions of each other. If there's anything else you want to discuss or clarify then pm me and I will gladly discuss it with you further. Regards :);)

Couple of points:

More importantly however SM is based on real life' date=' but is based on real life rather badly. They're level of realism is not even close [/quote']

Quality statement JC - spot on lolz :D

Sorry for hi-jacking yr thread with our petty squabble btw :(

On a brighter note, this has been a very informative thread so far, keep up the good work. Subscribed and repped for all your helpful efforts :)

Yeh' date=' thats the sort of response I expected tbh :) Thing is, anyone can rep anybody for anything on here CB - hell, I could set up another account and rep me all night long... doesnt mean anything does it?? Only your posts will show whether your rep is deserved as can be seen from many seriously helpful forummers :) The proof is in the pudding as the saying goes my friend - to that end, I'm not going to waste my time going through all your posts to show what we both already know... anyone who's so inclined can do that for themselves :);) funny how you say you don't post from statistical sites as that has also been mentioned about you too, (that you pay [b']too[/b] much attention to them!!) but as I say, anyone can see that for themselves by checking through your posts/threads - best go delete them quick huh?? ;) lol

The other day, which you conveniently forget, I posted a question about youngsters and which I should sell or keep, (LINK: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=110749).

Approx 50-60 young players I listed and you said 'i personally would sell all not 1 is very bright prospect'.

Some of the players: YENNARIS, Nicholas; MAHER, Adam; GARDNER, Gary; LASOGGA, Pierre-Michel; Guilherme Juan; Marcos Rojo; and thats just a few that are not bright prospects in your opinion!!!

Fair enough, you gave your opinion, thats good. But seriously, what sort of advice is that to offer a new user, if I didnt know any better then I could well have listened to you and got ripped off!!! My point is, you see me posting - 'Newbie' as you say - and you offer an opinion like that but then you say you only offer opinions on players you've seen playing. not from statistical sites?? So you have watched every single one of these players playing have you?? and you say they are all rubbish...:eek: if not then you have just contradicted yourself yet again. :rolleyes: If so, well, you can see the opinions of the other posters for yourself and how much they differ from you - amongst other things... of course humans make mistakes, hence my reason for checking my facts before I post!!! I totally understand that, what I am saying is that you should be imho, more considerate to where a person is at before offering such opinions... Who knows how many other inexperienced people you have give similar advice to who, on the basis of your 'rep' and 'post count', (I say that loosely in this case), have took you at face value :);) And I have seen that sort of thing from you before CB... the tragic thing is, that may be who's been repping you, people who know no different, but hey, I'm just summising!! :rolleyes:

:confused:

Beg to differ here, but in my experience this isnt the case at all... whenever you get a team, (whether new or old), the players all have varying lengths on contracts as do new signings!! I don't quite see what this has to do with the original post about chairmen renewing contracts anyway?? Thats a totally different question son :);) As for the concerns, to be fair, that's a pretty simplistic yet broad statement - just conjecture some may say, as it all depends which players concerned, how often they play, average rating of squad, size of squad, age of player etc...

Anyway CB my friend, I think it best for the sake of ourselves, the forum and members to draw a line under this so the thread doesnt become about our opinions of each other. If there's anything else you want to discuss or clarify then pm me and I will gladly discuss it with you further. Regards :);)

u wont stay in that team long enough to see theirs potential/believe me i said that u gather cash and buy someone already high rated/i guess my 25 friends arent decent forumers/some hate me cause i dont wanna give them deals they want/theirs problem anyway/i gave u great advice in terms of active playing/who knows will those players ever reach first team,Pogba is much better then any of them yet he s struggling to get opportunity/i didnt watch any of them cause they arent in big teams and probably will never be/i said they just wasting yours budget/instead 60 youngsters buy 5 decent players thats great advice believe me/if u wanna bigger budget buy players that rise +5 not wait for them to develop

Move on CB!!

u wont stay in that team long enough to see theirs potential/believe me i said that u gather cash and buy someone already high rated/i guess my 25 friends arent decent forumers/some hate me cause i dont wanna give them deals they want/theirs problem anyway/i gave u great advice in terms of active playing/who knows will those players ever reach first team' date='Pogba is much better then any of them yet he s struggling to get opportunity/i didnt watch any of them cause they arent in big teams and probably will never be/i said they just wasting yours budget/instead 60 youngsters buy 5 decent players thats great advice believe me/if u wanna bigger budget buy players that rise +5 not wait for them to develop[/quote']

CB, it's plain to see that you never said any of this initially... follow the link!! If you had, then I think my initial assessment of you would be very different. now that you have said it, thanks for your input. One thing I will say is that you cant say how long I will have my teams... as I said in the thread linked to, at least 2 years as thats how long GM I have left... I have 28 teams just on this account... we'll see eh?? Let's leave it there now shall we?? unless you want to pm me?? thanks B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have an average rating of 94 but finished a poultry 12th this season after trying a variety of different tactics, what do any of you think would be the best tactics for this team?

AKINFEEV, Igor Gk 25 91

£14.3M -

-

COLE, Ashley LB 31 94

£15.1M -

Sus

RAMOS, Sergio RB/CB 25 94

£27.6M -

Int

PEPE, Ferreira CB/DM 28 93

£17.6M -

Int

HUMMELS, Mats CB/DM 23 92

£22.0M -

-

NESTA, Alessandro CB 35 94

£11.2M -

Unh

RAMIRES, Santos CM/RM 24 91

£10.8M -

-

XAVI, Hernández CM 32 97

£30.1M -

Int

SNEIJDER, Wesley AM/CM 27 95

£29.5M -

-

MATA, Juan Wing/AM 23 92

£23.5M -

Int

ROBBEN, Arjen Wing/Fwd 28 94

£24.5M -

-

KUYT, Dirk Fwd/Wing 31 91

CAVANI, Édinson Fwd 25 91

GOMEZ, Mario CF 26 93

BERBATOV, Dimitar

FALCAO, Radamel

Much appreciated.

Hi' date=' I have an average rating of 94 but finished a poultry 12th this season after trying a variety of different tactics, what do any of you think would be the best tactics for this team?

AKINFEEV, Igor Gk 25 91

COLE, Ashley LB 31 94

RAMOS, Sergio RB/CB 25 94

PEPE, Ferreira CB/DM 28 93

HUMMELS, Mats CB/DM 23 92

NESTA, Alessandro CB 35 94

RAMIRES, Santos CM/RM 24 91

XAVI, Hernández CM 32 97

SNEIJDER, Wesley AM/CM 27 95

MATA, Juan Wing/AM 23 92

ROBBEN, Arjen Wing/Fwd 28 94

KUYT, Dirk Fwd/Wing 31 91

CAVANI, Édinson Fwd 25 91

GOMEZ, Mario CF 26 93

BERBATOV, Dimitar

FALCAO, Radamel

Much appreciated.[/quote']

4-5-1 Defensive

Hummels or Pepe as DM, I'd prefer Pepe in defence as I like defence to be as strong as possible.

Akinfeev

Ramos - Pepe - Nesta - Cole

Hummels

Robben - Xavi - Sneijder - Mata

Gomez

I'd personally use:

Hard Tackling

Attacking Mentality

Short Passing

Mixed attacking style

Fast Tempo

Press all over

Nesta as Captain

Xavi as playmaker

Gomez as target man

Try it out for a few games to see if it works.

• 2 months later...

-----adler------

castro-vermaelen-luiz-coentrao

afellay-pirlo-xabi alonso-pjanic

-----------------cassano-----

-----ibrahimovic----------

subs: barzagli,bonucci,kjaer,pandev, hernandez, phil jones,herrera

i am playing 4-4-1-1 tactic but considering to change it because of my winger's low rating in contrast to my CM's ones

maybe 3-5-2?

hard

passing short

tempo normal

defensive

mixed

pressing own half

man marking, playmaker: xabi/pirlo, target man: ibra, man behind ball

can anybody help ?

Honestly posting specific team line ups on this thread and asking for advice is a big waste of time. ;)

I argued earlier that most formations are probably equal, their effectiveness depends on the opponent.

You can perhaps try the suggested tactics for strong teams in the initial post but these are very vague (and may now be out of date). Any very specific suggestions I would be suspect of. (Ask them why they think these formations are strong and they will give some anecdotal evidence or some suggestions based on real life football strategy (not really relevant here))

The strength of a given tactic is much more affected by the league you are in and the other teams tactics. Unless you are able to list your upcoming opponents likely strategy and squad no one should be able to give a complete answer! ;)

J

well yes you could be right in this point,

but isn't there a standard home and away formation for decent teams like mine(avg rating 91), since you said that one of the best formations for good rated teams is 3-4-1-2?

when i look at the player's avg performances ibra is the best rated(above 8, 13 times MoM), but only 12 goals and 7 assists in 29 appearances, dont know where to improve his goalscoring...

• 6 months later...

Hey guys!

I've been playing SM for about 4 to 5 years now. But to be honest, i'm only involved in 1 or 2 very competitive gameworlds. But i've only joined the forum today! Heres my reasons :

I'm not too bad, and do decently. But i'm getting by only by being a bit shrewd in the market and from knowledge of established or rising EPL players only. Eg i spotted Tiote, Krul early.

That is clearly not enough and my team average has been stuck around 88.

I need some help, on how to scout up and coming players, and get to know fairly early about emerging or new players? The forum is a bit confusing but i am trying.

Every single player i have found here, and looked up, someone already has him!

Do i just have to check new player database every single day?

Hope for some good advice! thanks :)

Hey guys!

I've been playing SM for about 4 to 5 years now. But to be honest' date=' i'm only involved in 1 or 2 very competitive gameworlds. But i've only joined the forum today! Heres my reasons :

I'm not too bad, and do decently. But i'm getting by only by being a bit shrewd in the market and from knowledge of established or rising EPL players only. Eg i spotted Tiote, Krul early.

That is clearly not enough and my team average has been stuck around 88.

I need some help, on how to scout up and coming players, and get to know fairly early about emerging or new players? The forum is a bit confusing but i am trying.

Every single player i have found here, and looked up, someone already has him!

Do i just have to check new player database every single day?

Hope for some good advice! thanks :)[/quote']

Find a player ratings thread,it'll be useful.

Check thread like60-80 Risers Massive database created by brunopinto. It'll help you to find some unknown risers that most of people outside of forum wouldn't know