Pernambucano JUNINHO 93>90

valdo

Re: Pernambucano JUNINHO 93>90

Expect similar from Thiago Neves. If Juninho went down to 90, expect Neves to join Rafa Sobis at 86. That's if SM have been paying attention.

Also on topic of these Middle East changes, it's nice to see two of the Brasileirao players getting their deserved rises. Emerson got a +5 and Douglas a +3.

I wonder what the ratings cap is for that league, because I bet it's a bit less than 90. No matter how good he plays there is no way he could justify a 93, 92, 91 or even 90 for that matter in that league. Anyone who kept him made a big mistake, didn't Crespo drop from 93 to 90 aswell?

I wonder what the ratings cap is for that league' date=' because I bet it's a bit less than 90. No matter how good he plays there is no way he could justify a 93, 92, 91 or even 90 for that matter in that league. Anyone who kept him made a big mistake, didn't Crespo drop from 93 to 90 aswell?[/quote']

I had a few players drop to 86/85 so that's probably it.

to be honest it is quite harsh to drop him -3 even though he hasn't played a game yet. I understand the league standard over there is very poor but sm should of let him play some games then drop him in the next ratings even if he was playing well.

I think some people are missing the point here... I don't understand how Phil was not clear enough. This is not a rapid decision or anything. Juninho dropped purely due to the poopy ('cause I can't use the other word :P) league he joined. It doesn't matter how well he plays in Qatar when he does get the chance. If he doesn't score or assist every goal in a 10-0 victory for his new team, a 91 is way too much. Therefore, the quality of his play has an amazingly insignificant positive impact on his rating, so it is barely important to even consider when deciding on his rating.

I managed to swap him for a 89 rated player. :)

tbh i think those who tried to get him in recent months were hoping to get rid of him in another deal before this change - i managed to use him in a deal about a week ago (one of those deals where it looks like i've overpaid at first but now it looks a good deal)

plus some would have swapped an 89 for him simply because they were going for the league/promotion and having a 93, for even a few months they may have felt would have made the difference between winning the league/going up and not

plus some would have swapped an 89 for him simply because they were going for the league/promotion and having a 93' date=' for even a few months they may have felt would have made the difference between winning the league/going up and not[/b']

;););) Spot on Burs! That's what I did.

I got a great deal for him (when I bought him). Then the fortunes turned and it was rumoured he'd play another season at Lyon which would've ensured a 91/92 rating for another 2 SM seasons but alas it wasn't to be however ....

He ended up playing 45 games for me, or 1.5 SM seasons (he was injured for a little while and I rotate my mids) but he certainly had a big impact on me winning promotion last season from Div 2 to the top flight in EC1 and I have no regrets that I signed him.

Not to mention that since my purchase, SM reviewed the value of old, high rated players such as Juninho so I'm actually going to make a healthy profit on the deal. :D:D

Herby

How many good players does a league need to sign then before the standard of the league is perceived to have risen?

Is Juninho suddenly slower, less intelligent, weaker, lost the ability to pass a football simply because he has crossed a few borders? (And his age has nothing to do with it as plenty other quality players have dropped for moving there who are younger.)

So in theory if Messi, Rooney, Buffon etc moved to Quatar they should all get -5 drops, and no-one would say that the quality of the Quatar Stars League had risen through their signing?

This must mean then that in SM's eyes the quality of a league is fixed in their eyes and players will be punished for moving to particular leagues, rather than recognizing that the league has improved in quality by having these players?

Seems illogical.... :rolleyes:

How many good players does a league need to sign then before the standard of the league is perceived to have risen?

Is Juninho suddenly slower' date=' less intelligent, weaker, lost the ability to pass a football simply because he has crossed a few borders? (And his age has nothing to do with it as plenty other quality players have dropped for moving there who are younger.)

So in theory if Messi, Rooney, Buffon etc moved to Quatar they should all get -5 drops, and no-one would say that the quality of the Quatar Stars League had risen through their signing?

This must mean then that in SM's eyes the quality of a league is fixed in their eyes and players will be punished for moving to particular leagues, rather than recognizing that the league has improved in quality by having these players?

Seems illogical.... :rolleyes:[/quote']

SM DO NOT judge the quality of a league by the players in it. That would be a bit too subjective and would cause these sort of disagreements. They judge a league by its clubs' success in other competitions.

Is Juninho suddenly slower' date=' less intelligent, weaker, lost the ability to pass a football simply because he has crossed a few borders? (And his age has nothing to do with it as plenty other quality players have dropped for moving there who are younger.)

[b']So in theory if Messi, Rooney, Buffon etc moved to Quatar they should all get -5 drops, and no-one would say that the quality of the Quatar Stars League had risen through their signing?

[/b]

Seems illogical.... :rolleyes:

I know what you mean Stewart but tbf to SM, they judge the european leagues on the country's UEFA co-efficient (as an indicator how good the league is compared to others) however I was wondering the same. What if a nutcase like Eto'o had actually moved to the middle east for the sake of money, would be have dropped from 96 to 90 as well? :rolleyes:

Nevermind Messi or Rooney :P

Anyway, what's done is done .... let's all remember how fine a player he was and how great some of his freekicks were. :eek::)

Herby

Machine' date=' look closely. The Arab league averages have gone up. We've also seen Mexican averages go down. It is flexible.

And SM's ratings don't just take into account the player's quality. It also takes league into account. It's written somewhere.[/quote']

"What Can Influence a Rating?

Each week our team of researchers will assess players performance from certain leagues (based on their performance over a significant period of time) to decide whether they warrant an increase or decrease in rating.

The main factors that contribute to a down-rating include:

* Long term injury;

* Serious dip in form;

* Dropping down a domestic league level;

* Moving to a less competitive domestic league;

* Lack of regular first team football;

* Lack of regular continental football;

* Lack of regular international football;

* Long term suspension from the game."

I agree that all of the above could indicate a decline in the skill of the player- except moving to a lesser league (although there will always be exceptions i.e quality players not playing through a fall-out with the coach).

However even by SM's own criteria Juninho should not have dropped - he has not been playing in a lower league "over a significant period of time" and in terms of what he does on the pitch is still the same player they deemed to be worthy of a 93 just a few months ago.

They've shot the gun with this and in my opinion have been very disrespectful both to Juninho and to the Quatar League.

"What Can Influence a Rating?

Each week our team of researchers will assess players performance from certain leagues (based on their performance over a significant period of time) to decide whether they warrant an increase or decrease in rating.

The main factors that contribute to a down-rating include:

* Long term injury;

* Serious dip in form;

* Dropping down a domestic league level;

* Moving to a less competitive domestic league;

* Lack of regular first team football;

* Lack of regular continental football;

* Lack of regular international football;

* Long term suspension from the game."

I agree that all of the above could indicate a decline in the skill of the player- except moving to a lesser league (although there will always be exceptions i.e quality players not playing through a fall-out with the coach).

However even by SM's own criteria Juninho should not have dropped - he has not been playing in a lower league "over a significant period of time" and in terms of what he does on the pitch is still the same player they deemed to be worthy of a 93 just a few months ago.

They've shot the gun with this and in my opinion have been very disrespectful both to Juninho and to the Quatar League.

It happened to a few players today Juninho was the biggest dropper, Kim has gone from 89 to 85 over 2 ratings, everyone that joined the league over the summer has dropped even thou they havn't kicked a ball yet, and thats with the league getting stronger not weaker because of who's signed to play their recently.

All I can say if anyones got Sol Camball get rid because at this rate he'l be 79/80 rated in a few weeks time.

It happened to a few players today Juninho was the biggest dropper' date=' Kim has gone from 89 to 85 over 2 ratings, everyone that joined the league over the summer has dropped even thou they havn't kicked a ball yet, and thats with the league getting stronger not weaker because of who's signed to play their recently.

[b']

All I can say if anyones got Sol Camball get rid because at this rate he'l be 79/80 rated in a few weeks time[/b].

thats a very good point!

Also what gives you the right to call our germany expert and moderator a fool!:mad::mad:

I pitay the fool! :rolleyes:

You looking for a pat on the head or something laddy?

Well, as has been mentioned what's done is done.

It's not a case of people should have offloaded him for me, it's more of an understanding of the game, it's not just as cut and dried as he moved therefore you should have known he would drop.

With the older players rising recently, those who have him will still get more than their money back, I was just curious to why the sudden drop when, if anything he hasn't played many game if any at all.

PS. Why do people get wound up trying to be gods?

Cheers for all the comments, and is probably also true about Campbell so now we know.

Fin.