English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Haha, saw it before you mentioned it, but seen as you did, I must say David Beckham was in top form, helping the guy, getting to the game on time and scoring a last minute winner to help 10 man Rochdale secure a 1-0 victory away to close rivals Doncaster.

2 points from playoffs now. Beckham keeps coming up with the goods late on it's genius from my captain!

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons. EC106 in my opinion i

Posted Images

If I could, I would love to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. He may have his critics, but god is he talented! Thing is I dont think I could scarifice my top two or three players at Preston to get him. Ronaldo would have to be a massive hit to atone for losing the likes of Cole, Johnson, Lennon and Jovetic.

I would sell off my fringe players to sign Ronaldo, but I dont think Man Utd would be interested in £80m.

If I could' date=' I would love to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. He may have his critics, but god is he talented! Thing is I dont think I could scarifice my top two or three players at Preston to get him. Ronaldo would have to be a massive hit to atone for losing the likes of Cole, Johnson, Lennon and Jovetic.

I would sell off my fringe players to sign Ronaldo, but I dont think Man Utd would be interested in £80m.[/quote']

Man Utd are quite happy to try and buy for cash - so conversely they should be just as happy to sell for cash :D

Hoping to add a highly rated defender to the tranmere ranks soon' date=' not holding out any hope tho!

Also, what do people think about the deal that saw me sell toni kroos (jack wilsher and 4m or so) ? Just cuious, as i dont see toni play much nowadays![/quote']

I liked that deal .. But still doesn't beat Benzema :o

Man Utd are quite happy to try and buy for cash - so conversely they should be just as happy to sell for cash :D

Not when they have a huge stockpile of money.

Nicklas Bendtner and Paul Konchesky are on the market now. Feel free to put bids in, I'll negotiate where necessary.

Guest drseanfitz

really happy with my revamped team. Got a new defender coming in at the end of the season at the cost of a couple of youngster, and Sven Bender will be a first teamer next season.

Still over the moon at getting De Jong, love him as a player.

Hartlepool 0-1 Brentford

An own goal which I'm sure the rest of you noticed in an earlier rant. Bit dissapointed that it was an og that seperated the two sides as Brentford were the superior team on stats with the 3-5-2 working well against their wingers.

Result moves the Bee's into 6th place with a massive game up next against Oxford. Really hopeful we can do it this season and get into division three....

Rodrigo Taddei will be back very soon to join Milan Baros in making his comeback. Unsure whether I will play him on Saturday against Oxford or not, will see how I decide tactically line up first.

Had some decent Championship risers today:

Troy DEENEY Player Rating Increase +3 to 80

Josh MCQUOID Player Rating Increase +9 to 78

Max GRADEL Player Rating Increase +5 to 83

I should hopefully still get some other good rises from Manset,Morrison,Dumbuya and Bailey.

Internationals tonight. Spain can qualify for the World Cup with a home win over Romania.

Gerard Pique picked up an injury on Wednesday so his Sheff Utd team-mate Alvaro Arbeloa will replace him. Spain are short of available left-backs due to Joan Capdevila's long term injury.

Guest 1CapWonder

Neil Taylor got his +12 to 80. He's a cracking young player and could be a good signing for someone. He's not transfer listed but I'm willing to listen to offers.

Tom Parkes got a +2 to 75 and my reserve keeper Declan Rudd got a +2 to 77. I have very high hopes for him, despite him not having much of a name for himself at the moment. Daniel Stenderup got his +2 to 80 the other day also :)

Guest drseanfitz

got 2 spaces on the England bench for a couple of u21 players(midfielders or forwards). Anyone wants their player in the squad, I'll put in the first 2(max 1 each) posted in the next 10 minutes

got 2 spaces on the England bench for a couple of u21 players(midfielders or forwards). Anyone wants their player in the squad' date=' I'll put in the first 2(max 1 each) posted in the next 10 minutes[/quote']

Tom Huddlestones been playing pretty well domestically, and Danny Welbeck is getting game-time.

got 2 spaces on the England bench for a couple of u21 players(midfielders or forwards). Anyone wants their player in the squad' date=' I'll put in the first 2(max 1 each) posted in the next 10 minutes[/quote']

Jay Simpson? He's 22 so doesn't quite fit into your u21 part :o

Managing Spain is hard! I may have mentioned this before but there's so many good players in each position its hard to pick a starting XI. For instance, Preston is easy to pick a starting XI, England was quite easy, Spain has so many high rated players in similar positions, its hard to try and fit them all in. I mean, what side would have Fabregas and Busquets on the bench? Spain, thats the answer.