English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Managing Spain is hard! I may have mentioned this before but there's so many good players in each position its hard to pick a starting XI. For instance' date=' Preston is easy to pick a starting XI, England was quite easy, Spain has so many high rated players in similar positions, its hard to try and fit them all in. I mean, what side would have Fabregas and Busquets on the bench? Spain, thats the answer.[/quote']

Casillas

Ramos - Puyol - Pique

Alonso

Iniesta - Xavi - Fabregas - Pedro

Villa - Torres

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons. EC106 in my opinion i

Posted Images

Spain draw 2-2 with Romania. Silva and Pedro with the goals for Spain, Radoi and Cristea giving Romania a 2-nil lead after 26 minutes.

Spain havent qualified yet with a game to go, the only way Spain cant qualify is if Turkey beat me by 5 goals and Hungary beat Albania by 5 goals.

Now a report on Preston players in action tonight:

John Mensah didnt play particularly well in the 1-nil loss to the Ukraine, in turn confirming Ukraine's first place qualification ahead of Brazil.

Ashley Cole and Gareth Barry were the shining stars in a 1-1 draw against Canada. John Terry was sent off for England, but the reigning World Champions qualify nevertheless.

Michael Bradley did well for the US, who held the Republic of Ireland to a 0-0 draw. Sean St Ledger was on the bench for ROI, who qualify in 2nd place behind unbeaten Portugal, with the US missing out on WC qualification.

Romelu Lukaku played well as Belgium beat Scotland 1-0, which sees both nations through to the World Cup Finals. David Weir captained the Scots side, and also played well.

Guest drseanfitz

despite having a squad that has spent a large amount of time around the 100 player level, now that I am slowly trimming the squad size down I've got my first ever concerns at Crewe

Lars Bender: Concerned about his lack of games (Minor Concern)

Ryad Boudebouz: Concerned about his lack of games (Minor Concern)

despite having a squad that has spent a large amount of time around the 100 player level' date=' now that I am slowly trimming the squad size down I've got my first ever concerns at Crewe

Lars Bender: Concerned about his lack of games (Minor Concern)

Ryad Boudebouz: Concerned about his lack of games (Minor Concern)[/quote']

Does anyone understand how these work? I have players who have concerns about lack of playing, despite playing every game since November!

:confused:

Does anyone understand how these work? I have players who have concerns about lack of playing' date=' despite playing every game since November!

:confused:[/quote']

It will be because the previous Liverpool manager didn't play those players while he was there, so John Terry has only played 14 games this season, Silva 18, Ribery 22 and Navas 7. I'd be unhappy if I was Jesus Navas and I only played 7 times. It's slower to get rid of concerns than it is to pick them up, as it's to do with a percentage of games played, which SM won't tell us.

Germany head for World Cup again

Germany head for the World cup for the fourth time in a row. The only real blot on this amazing campaign so far was the so called "Bolivia" incident where a completely different team to the one on the team sheet wandered out to play Bolivia and were promptly trounced last time out. Mrmalcolm as stated that this time no mercy will be given to lesser squads and the full strength team will play in every game in the world cup finals.

Old rivals and the only other winners of the competition England also qualify but should not expect an easy ride to the final this time out.

10mil + Badstuber + Boateng.

Nice deal I feel after thinking about if for a bit.

Hope the deal gets completed before my match against City tonight.

I don't wanna face Higuain. Luckily I got Song to keep my defense solid. Yes, Song. Not Rigobert, but Alexander. Indeed, I'm talking about Alexander Song Billong. The guy who's not for sale!

Hope the deal gets completed before my match against City tonight.

I don't wanna face Higuain. Luckily I got Song to keep my defense solid. Yes' date=' Song. Not Rigobert, but Alexander. Indeed, I'm talking about Alexander Song Billong. The guy who's not for sale![/quote']

Haha doubt it will.

Who is the Alexander Song? I wonder who has bidded for him a few times tonight.:D

It will be because the previous Liverpool manager didn't play those players while he was there' date=' so John Terry has only played 14 games this season, Silva 18, Ribery 22 and Navas 7. I'd be unhappy if I was Jesus Navas and I only played 7 times. It's slower to get rid of concerns than it is to pick them up, as it's to do with a percentage of games played, which SM won't tell us.[/quote']

I'd never thought of it in terms of % of games played James, but that makes perfect sense.

Terry has been crocked a lot of the season, and Navas has 6 midfielders who are better than him, mind you he's Spanish so you'd think he'd be used to that!!!

I'd never thought of it in terms of % of games played James' date=' but that makes perfect sense.

Terry has been crocked a lot of the season, and Navas has 6 midfielders who are better than him, mind you he's Spanish so you'd think he'd be used to that!!![/quote']

Was going to remedy that by making an offer, but firstly he's unavailable, and secondly you have some of the best players in each position so part-ex wouldn't be worthwhile to me.

Guest drseanfitz

I'd never thought of it in terms of % of games played James' date=' but that makes perfect sense.

Terry has been crocked a lot of the season, and Navas has 6 midfielders who are better than him, mind you he's Spanish so you'd think he'd be used to that!!![/quote']

I'm sure Navas would be much happier playing his football at Gresty Road;)