English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Thinking back over this past season, i think I could field an entire team + subs bench of players who Ive missed out on signing:

Kaspar Schmeichel

Seamus Coleman

Roger Johnson

Ricardo Costa

John Arne Riise

Dirk Kuyt

Raul Meireles

Maroune Fellaini

Balazs Dzsudzsak

Wayne Rooney

Asamoah Gyan

Subs:

Reto Ziegler

Robert Huth

Eljero Elia

Raul

Kieran Richardson

Jermain Defoe

Stuart Holden

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread West Bromwich Albion The Story So Far Back on the 26th November a new manager was appointed at West Bromwich Albion, after a spell of 3 different

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Posted Images

one of the top bundesliga keepers this season

but it's a 3 way race

Huddersfield Town - £781k + Matthew RYAN + Jens TOORNSTRA - Accepted. Hartlepool United - £378k + Jorge ENRIQUEZ + Ionut NEAGU - Accepted.

Crewe Alexandra - £6.2M - Accepted.

I know how much my offer was, and so I can safely say it is a 2 horse race. :D I am very suprised at the lack of interest, I wonder why Hull pulled out of their bid. My bid was between 8.2 and 8.3 million, I used the best combination of players that I was allowed to garner the best p/e value that I could. :)

I know how much my offer was' date=' and so I can safely say it is a 2 horse race. :D I am very suprised at the lack of interest, I wonder why Hull pulled out of their bid. My bid was between 8.2 and 8.3 million, I used the best combination of players that I was allowed to garner the best p/e value that I could. :)[/quote']

Cobbled up a bid of around 5.75 (perhaps could have gone a bit higher, but I have other priorities ) but it dawned on me pretty quickly I was going to get trumped by you or Sean...:)

Guest drseanfitz

I know how much my offer was' date=' and so I can safely say it is a 2 horse race. :D I am very suprised at the lack of interest, I wonder why Hull pulled out of their bid. My bid was between 8.2 and 8.3 million, I used the best combination of players that I was allowed to garner the best p/e value that I could. :)[/quote']

oh well, if I miss out, I'll just have to survive with Room, Fiorillo, Oblak, Kirev and Sirigu:)

I know how much my offer was' date=' and so I can safely say it is a 2 horse race. :D I am very suprised at the lack of interest, I wonder why Hull pulled out of their bid. [b']My bid was between 8.2 and 8.3 million[/b], I used the best combination of players that I was allowed to garner the best p/e value that I could. :)

In that case, it looks like he will be heading to you then as my bid was only worth around £6 million I think despite it being the highest I could offer.:(

In that case' date=' it looks like he will be heading to you then as my bid was only worth around £6 million I think despite it being the highest I could offer.:([/font']

Looking at it again, maybe it wasn't that high. I forget, but it was a few million more than I was allowed to pay cash with. One guy was about 4.3 million, another, near near 3 million I think, and cash. Whatever it was, it was about the best bid I could make. :)

Despite having an average rating of 77, I still managed to beat a full strength Rochdale side in the Youth Cup game tonight, winning 3-2, although the score line won't matter as he breached the tournament rules. Another person that has forgot, it's really not gone to plan this year :o

EDIT: Rochdale also had 25 shots to my 6! :P

Cédric KANTE has completed his move to Southend United from Panathinaikos for £4,720,000

A reasonably safe-looking 88 rated 31 yr old CB, available at a bargain price and no-one else even had him short-listed - happy days :P:D

Christoph METZELDER has completed his move to Southend United from Barcelona for £4,400,000

Bit more of a gamble with his injury record, but he's not long turned 30 and at that price and currently on track to rise to 88 he could prove to be a fantastic signing if he can get back to his pre-Madrid days :)

With all these CB's i've signed recently i'll be adding the 86's to the loan list if that is of use to anyone.

Also Stefano Sorrentino is now off TB - the 31 yr old Chievo GK is rated 88 and is more likely to rise than drop, but can leave as i've got Malafeev at 89 and Craig Gordon who should be in-line for 89.

He's worth £10m if i use him p/ex externally so despite the low CV i'd be looking for minimum £8m cash, or would swap/ p/ex him for a younger striker in the 84+ 18-23 age range, in fact probably any younger player who is of interest in the 84 - 87 range (but please, no full-backs!) :)

Due to an abundance of strikers (how the hell did that happen?!) and the season coming to a close, West Brom are able to put three 87 rated forwards up for loan: Garcia, Costa and Pinilla. Lower division clubs get preference and I reserve the right to recall if some swine crocks Ade :mad::P

Going to miss out on a player that would have been handy to have in my squad, unless theres a bidding war. Foolishly cancelled the outgoing Paul Konchesky bid to offer him in part-ex, but I was stuck in a situation where the selling clubs minimum chairmans valuation was over my max chairmans value.

Out goes Hazard, in comes Kranjcar and Gotze. Brilliant deal for me, I know Hazard is talented and looks likely to move to a much hbigger side than Lille in the summer but the enigma that is Niko Kranjcar, along with the sublime talent of Mario Gotze was a great deal.

Now looking for an 88+ striker using Ljajic..

Willing to listen to offers on the following players.

Scott Loach GK rated 83

Kieran Richardson LM/LB Rated 87 (Would take a good offer prize him away)

Michael Johnson CM rated 86

Halil Altintop fwd/wing rated 88

Decided to try and reshape my squad in preparation for next season all these lads are going reluctantly and i am willing to consider Part X for the right player(s)

Out goes Hazard' date=' in comes Kranjcar and Gotze. Brilliant deal for me, I know Hazard is talented and looks likely to move to a much hbigger side than Lille in the summer but the enigma that is Niko Kranjcar, along with the sublime talent of Mario Gotze was a great deal.

Now looking for an 88+ striker using Ljajic..[/quote']

When that transfer ban on Gotze expires i'll give you a good deal for him.;)

Guest 1CapWonder

If I was a sensible manager, I would have sold Ronaldo a long time ago, but unfortunately this setup has an effect on me that no other does, so I kept him until the very end.

As soon as I heard the depressing news this morning, I transfer listed him, and have already received an excellent £5.7m offer from Corinthians which I have accepted. He scored the winner in his last game for Rochdale, which is quite fitting. One of my all time heroes, the greatest striker I have ever seen :(

Anyway, moving on, this means I am now looking to buy an 87+ rated forward. Look out for offers and PM's from Rochdale this week as we search for a CB aswell...

If I was a sensible manager' date=' I would have sold Ronaldo a long time ago, but unfortunately this setup has an effect on me that no other does, so I kept him until the very end.

As soon as I heard the depressing news this morning, I transfer listed him, and have already received an excellent £5.7m offer from Corinthians which I have accepted. He scored the winner in his last game for Rochdale, which is quite fitting. One of my all time heroes, the greatest striker I have ever seen :(

Anyway, moving on, this means I am now looking to buy an 87+ rated forward. Look out for offers and PM's from Rochdale this week as we search for a CB aswell...[/quote']

In the meantime would you like one on loan? :P

Due to an abundance of strikers (how the hell did that happen?!) and the season coming to a close' date=' West Brom are able to put three 87 rated forwards up for loan: Garcia, Costa and Pinilla. Lower division clubs get preference and I reserve the right to recall if some swine crocks Ade :mad::P[/quote']