English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Its this time of the season which I love. Im playing Liverpool tonight (1st v 6th) Arsenal are playing Everton (2nd v 3rd) and Sheffield United are playing Man Utd (5th v 9th)

If Liverpool and Arsenal lose (therefore Preston and Everton win) and Sheffield United and Southampton (v West Ham) both win, the top six could be separated by just four points with four games remaining. But it is equally possible that the title race could become a two horse race if Liverpool and Arsenal win, and Everton, Preston, Sheff Utd and Southampton all lose, as 1st to 3rd would then be 7 points with 4 games left, mathematically still possible to catch up but highly unlikely.

Also, the fact that no-one has been releagted yet at Turn 34 shows just how competitive the leagues are. Millwall are on the briink, and could go down if they lose to Charlton and West Brom and Tranmere both win. Carlisle are basically down, they are mathematically still able to survive, but they would need to overcome a 31 goal difference.

Its this time of the season which I love. Im playing Liverpool tonight (1st v 6th) Arsenal are playing Everton (2nd v 3rd) and Sheffield United are playing Man Utd (5th v 9th)

If Liverpool and Arsenal lose (therefore Preston and Everton win) and Sheffield United and Southampton (v West Ham) both win' date=' the top six could be separated by just four points with four games remaining. But it is equally possible that the title race could become a two horse race if Liverpool and Arsenal win, and Everton, Preston, Sheff Utd and Southampton all lose, as 1st to 3rd would then be 7 points with 4 games left, mathematically still possible to catch up but highly unlikely.

Also, the fact that no-one has been releagted yet at Turn 34 shows just how competitive the leagues are. Millwall are on the briink, and could go down if they lose to Charlton and West Brom and Tranmere both win. Carlisle are basically down, they are mathematically still able to survive, but they would need to overcome a 31 goal difference.[/quote']

Are you putting the Burrows 'Kiss of Death' upon me again?

Only Tom can save me

baker.jpg

:eek:

Hull entertain Forest tonight and despite picking up 38 out of the last 42 points, I must admit I have reservations...Forest are a powerful looking bunch with a great manager, plus there's far to many big names missing for my liking, i'd be well happy with a point...

Again? im unaware of when Ive done it before.

Also' date=' on a totally random note, if you're on Internet Explorer and replying to a post, does anyone else have:

(1 item remaining) Downloading picture http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o124/tebthereb/youtube2.png...

At the bottom of the screen?

:confused:[/quote']

Two games ago before we lost to Blackburn

I cant remember me doing that. Unless it was when I was saying that Liverpool faced a bottom half team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x Burrow x

This season is going to be interesting in Div 1, if Liverpool win every remaining game, they'll finish on 77 points, which is less than Tottenham last year. The season before, the top four were separated by 7 points, with Arsenal winning on 68. I think this season could be very similar to season 10.

Well that was the kiss of death to my unbeaten run.

Well beaten by Blackburn

DEATH Star 1

Yaya Toure and Emanuel Adebayor are both fit to start tonight against, ironically, Manchester City. I'm not all that confident after the previous game against Bail's side but could really do with a point or three in this battle against the drop.

I've made a lot of changes since taking over West Brom; just 4 of tonight's starting line-up were there when I took over the club. I'm still looking to deal though :) I'd ideally like to offer Trochowski as P/E for a higher rated winger but will listen to all offers that get put on the table.

Its turning into a complete farce waiting for results to come in every week.

Come on SM' date=' my gold membership renewal is looking unlikely.[/quote']

Agreed; it's already well into tomorrow :P

Does anyone know if extra club slots you purchased whilst a GM carry on if you don't renew your GM as you can't buy extra club slots if you're a standard member?

I now don't care that the results were so late :D

West Bromwich Albion 3 - 0 Manchester City

Westermann, Adebayor and Trochowski with the goals with the Midlands club dominating possession. The Togolese striker got the Man of the Match award on his debut too :)

On the whole I don't think this does a lot for league position but we move up to 16th with Burnley now residing in the bottom 3 and Callum's Tranmere also win. A point for Millwall means they aren't relegated... yet.

Couldn't get online to change my starting 11 back from the Youth Cup, so I lost 2-1 :o Really needed the win too, to keep Bradford's playoff dreams alive; stupid bloomin' internet...

EDIT: I'm also withdrawing from the Youth Cup, purely because my internet connection is very unreliable so changing tactics can be hard, and cost me points. I never really stood a chance in the Cup anyway but still, sorry to have to withdraw.

Lost 3-2 to Liverpool. Silva, Eto'o and Terry with their goals, Owen and Barry for me.

Captain Jamie Carragher will miss the next game after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season, and Joey Barton will miss the next 5 days with s bruised heel.

A much needed win over Neil's Bristol Rovers side leaves me 5 points of the playoffs with 4 games left to play,I countered his 4-2-3-1 perfectly and therefore my Notts County side won 2-0 away from home with Bentley and Adriano getting on the scoresheet.

I have Barnsley at home next and if I was to win and with 6th placed Gillingham and 8th placed Rochdale going head to head I'll gain ground on at least one of the teams in around the playoff positions if I win.

Lost 3-2 to Liverpool. Silva' date=' Eto'o and Terry with their goals, Owen and Barry for me.

Captain Jamie Carragher will miss the next game after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season, and Joey Barton will miss the next 5 days with s bruised heel.[/quote']

Down to the almighty Tom Baker (THE Timelord)