• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread West Bromwich Albion The Story So Far Back on the 26th November a new manager was appointed at West Bromwich Albion, after a spell of 3 different

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Nice solid 3-1 win over the worst side in the division, Jovanovic with a brace and Domizzi one. :) I remain in 4th place but now 7 off 2nd but that's unlikely with 4 to play. even more important though is that I'm 7 above 7th so a win next week over Donny should confirm the play-offs in Brizzle City. :D

Also Zakkoo, what was that about overtaking me ?:rolleyes::P

More than delighted with a hard fought 1-1 with Forest..the point ( coupled with fading Northampton's defeat at Yeovil) sees Ull just a point and a bit away from promotion. The only dark cloud is a knock for Miguel Flano, which leaves an already bare squad stripped further to the bone. Next up .... Northampton :)

It's typical of the toughness of 106 when I've reached the safety net of 40 points yet lie 1 point off the relegation spots. Division 1 is unbelievably tight; 14th placed Huddersfield are within a win of 7th placed Portsmouth.

Every single point is crucial in Division 1. With just 1 point, anything could happen. My 1 point in the latest 1-1 draw with Millwall saw Charlton leapfrogged 4 teams; from 12th to 8th. Darlington, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea all failed to earn even a point which cause this huge jump. My aim is to get at least 50 points with a spot in the SMFA Shield.

More than delighted with a hard fought 1-1 with Forest..the point ( coupled with fading Northampton's defeat at Yeovil) sees Ull just a point and a bit away from promotion. The only dark cloud is a knock for Miguel Flano' date=' which leaves an already bare squad stripped further to the bone. Next up .... Northampton[/color'] :)

Where were you when you started your run Dave? Were you in the relgation Zone?

Nice solid 3-1 win over the worst side in the division' date=' Jovanovic with a brace and Domizzi one. :) I remain in 4th place but now 7 off 2nd but that's unlikely with 4 to play. even more important though is that I'm 7 above 7th so a win next week over Donny should confirm the play-offs in Brizzle City. :D

Also Zakkoo, what was that about overtaking me ?:rolleyes::P[/quote']

Don't count your chickens yet Carl! It's never over until the final whistle ;-)

Only in SM can you go 25 odd games undefeated only to end up losing 4 out of the next 5.:rolleyes:

However, every cloud has a silver lining and that lining are that Brentford and Northampton Town both lost aswell last night meaning that we are edging nearer to promotion.

Does anyone know if extra club slots you purchased whilst a GM carry on if you don't renew your GM as you can't buy extra club slots if you're a standard member?

Yes they do as I purchased some club slots when I was a GM and still have them now even though I am not a gold member anymore.:)

More than delighted with a hard fought 1-1 with Forest..the point ( coupled with fading Northampton's defeat at Yeovil) sees Ull just a point and a bit away from promotion. The only dark cloud is a knock for Miguel Flano' date=' which leaves an already bare squad stripped further to the bone. Next up .... Northampton[/color'] :)

I didn't get on in time and played my entire youth team by accident :o

Still, happy with a 1-1 draw :). Iturraspe got his first goal for us

Cheltenham 2-0 Brentford

Very annoyed with this defeat, been playing very well recently and threw away a golden opportunity to close the gap on Hartlepool to six points with four games remaining. Would take a minor miracle to go up automatically now. Hit the woodwork three times in the game at 1-0 as well.....

Grimsby up next, Taddei will start after making his comeback from the bench.

I reckon you'll be going nuts at the next review... ;) Wilshere should get 90 by the end of the season' date=' but not in the likely upcoming ratings and Everton will need to improve their league position for Baines to rise.[/quote']

Baines has been the best lb in the epl this season. If he doesnt rise, fellani, cahill and co.should drop. And as for jack, he really should get 90. Playing such good footbal, not just for arsenal but even for england. And last night, well, he ran the show in the second half.

A much needed win over Neil's Bristol Rovers side leaves me 5 points of the playoffs with 4 games left to play' date='I countered his 4-2-3-1 perfectly and therefore my Notts County side won 2-0 away from home with Bentley and Adriano getting on the scoresheet.

I have Barnsley at home next and if I was to win and with 6th placed Gillingham and 8th placed Rochdale going head to head I'll gain ground on at least one of the teams in around the playoff positions if I win.[/quote']

Well done Andy......That ended a good run for me...

That formation you played with the arrow......Seen that before;)

Baines has been the best lb in the epl this season. If he doesnt rise' date=' fellani, cahill and co.should drop. And as for jack, he really should get 90. Playing such good footbal, not just for arsenal but even for england. And last night, well, he ran the show in the second half.[/quote']

That's irrelevant if Everton aren't doing well (which is where most people disagree with the way SM rate players). The 'criteria' for a 90 rating is European or international football; Baines doesn't really have either.

Wilshere deserves a 90 but it's too big a jump for one go. That's why SM chose to review the big leagues 3 times a season.

Baines has been the best lb in the epl this season. If he doesnt rise' date=' fellani, cahill and co.should drop. And as for jack, he really should get 90. Playing such good footbal, not just for arsenal but even for england. And last night, well, he ran the show in the second half.[/quote']

I would have to agree with you about their performance but not rating wise. Baines has been magnificient for Everton but SM will look into their team's league standing too. Wilshere has been improving since last season's breakthrough and I think he's already an important figure in Arsenal. He look comfortable with the ball and I have no doubt about his talent and has never been worried whenever he touches the ball or under tight challenge with an opponent. He was class against Barcelona. I would think 89 or 90 coming this rating review.

Yh tbh I can see you beating me' date=' but the two home games I have left our both bankers so I should sail home. :)[/quote']

Yeah eithe way, you can sail to the playoffs all you want but that not garunteed promotion, so make sure you keep chasing that 2nd spot!

Don't be saying Fellaini should drop! He's a class act!

Well done Andy......That ended a good run for me...

That formation you played with the arrow......Seen that before;)

I find that the arrow works well when used in behind the striker when only one is played upfront,it was a big game for me and I know 4-2-3-1 works well against 3-5-2,so therefore I decided to switch to 4-5-1 to counter your 4-2-3-1 formation.

In transfer news we've signed John Carew today,I'm happy with that as although I can't see him holding onto his 89 rating,he will help in the current playoff run in and I've got rid of two players of no use to me in Dagoberto and Hesl,I beat off some competition for him due to 89 rated players hardly ever been available on the external market,but the fact the Stabaek IK Chairman valued Dagoberto at around £10 Million meant I got him in the end.