• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread West Bromwich Albion The Story So Far Back on the 26th November a new manager was appointed at West Bromwich Albion, after a spell of 3 different

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Why do I always seem to play teams straight after they demolish Bournemouth? Back in December, I played Ipswich after they had beaten them 9-3, then a few weeks ago I played Brentford after, again, they had won 9-3 against the same team. Now, in my next game, I face Blackpool after they have just beaten them 5-0.:confused::eek:

Strange...

Why do I always seem to play teams straight after they demolish Bournemouth? Back in December' date=' I played Ipswich after they had beaten them 9-3, then a few weeks ago I played Brentford after, again, they had won 9-3 against the same team. Now, in my next game, I face Blackpool after they have just beaten them 5-0.:confused::eek:

Strange...[/font']

Most teams have demolished them this season :P

Haha I suppose you are right.:D I just find it odd that I seem to be playing a fair amount of teams straight after they have played Bournemouth. Probably just a coincidence.

Every team has the same fixture list as regards who they play, if you get what I mean. For instance, Pompey will always play the team I just have.

Baines has been the best lb in the epl this season. If he doesnt rise' date=' fellani, cahill and co.should drop. And as for jack, he really should get 90. Playing such good footbal, not just for arsenal but even for england. And last night, well, he ran the show in the second half.[/quote']

Nope that'd be Jose Enrique pal:),whilst on the subject of Jose Enrique I've just agreed a deal to sign him for £7 Million from Blackpool,I know people will say I'm biased etc but his a top class fullback,his real ability isn't reflected by his current rating of 86 and I'm sure he will get a rise in the next changes.

Nope that'd be Jose Enrique pal:)' date='whilst on the subject of Jose Enrique I've just agreed a deal to sign him for £7 Million from Blackpool,I know people will say I'm biased etc but his a top class fullback,his real ability isn't reflected by his current rating of 86 and I'm sure he will get a rise in the next changes.[/quote']

If Id known he was available, I would have snapped him up. Personally think he's underrated, but I agree with the majority that it Newcastle want to reach the targets that most fans have, they will need a better left-back.

Still got a lot of players available for good homes (maybe not so much St ledger and Lonergan, but I received external bids before they dropped. Feel free to bid, cash or part-ex welcomed, I may have to delay selling Upson as Carragher picked up a suspension and Im a bit short of CBs currently.

Nope that'd be Jose Enrique pal:)' date='whilst on the subject of Jose Enrique I've just agreed a deal to sign him for £7 Million from Blackpool,I know people will say I'm biased etc but his a top class fullback,his real ability isn't reflected by his current rating of 86 and I'm sure he will get a rise in the next changes.[/quote']

Lol, behave. You must be kidding! Baines is out of this world. Only Evra beats him (on his day)

Whilst im here andy, wanna work out a deal for Sanchz (cough* tiote and 30million cough*

Lol' date=' behave. You must be kidding! Baines is out of this world. Only Evra beats him (on his day)

Whilst im here andy, wanna work out a deal for Sanchz (cough* tiote and 30million cough*[/quote']

Baines is amazing on his day but he doesn't have that many of them,anyway back to 106 matters there's no chance of me selling Sanchez pal,he will be at a top club in a few months time so there's no point in selling him and espically for cash.

If Id known he was available' date=' I would have snapped him up. Personally think he's underrated, but I agree with the majority [b']that it Newcastle want to reach the targets that most fans have, they will need a better left-back[/b].

Still got a lot of players available for good homes (maybe not so much St ledger and Lonergan, but I received external bids before they dropped. Feel free to bid, cash or part-ex welcomed, I may have to delay selling Upson as Carragher picked up a suspension and Im a bit short of CBs currently.

That's certainly not how I feel infact the complete opposite, there are areas of our team that needs improving but it is not LB. ;)

Baines is amazing on his day but he doesn't have that many of them' date='anyway back to 106 matters there's no chance of me selling Sanchez pal,he will be at a top club in a few months time so there's no point in selling him and espically for cash.[/quote']

Sorry Andy, but I cannot agree with that! Baines' attacking is just as good as his defending abilities, which in the modern game is vital. His crosses are perfect 9/10, only bale can match it. He does this on a regular basis, not once in a blue moon!

Ok fella no worries on the Chilian.

One day' date=' I'll search for a player and they wont be at Darlington.

The title hopes have definitely gone now, Arsenal play Southampton tonight and whatever the result, it will be bad for me.

Blackburn could be down tonight if they lose and Tranmere and West Brom win.[/quote']

Anyone else think there should be a cap on squad size?

Guest 1CapWonder

Michael Flounders is the best manager in this game by a country mile in my opinion. His ability to spot a player and his persistent waiting on players until they come good is second to none. I actually think he is incredible!

Michael Flounders is the best manager in this game by a country mile in my opinion. His ability to spot a player and his persistent waiting on players until they come good is second to none. I actually think he is incredible!

Im not denying the fact that Michael is a good manager, what he's done with Darlington eclipses other achievements. It's just that I have spoken with him recently and he's said he's bored with the game as the transfer market is stale and everyone seems to buy every £10k riser on the game. But, the reason that he will find the transfer market stale is that he's not open to sell anyone.

Charlton players to leave this season break.

Garcia Kevin LB - minimum £2.5mil

Ivan Obradovic - minimum £6mil

Leon Osman RM/CM - minimum £11mil

Paulo Machado Mid - minimum £11mil

Axel Witsel CM - p/e with either good CM, LM or RM (no oldies, at least 89) - minimum 17mil

Anthony Mounier Wing/Fwd - £7.5mil

All are negotiable except Axel Witsel.

Tonight could be one of the biggest games in the history of Hartlepool United. A win for us against Blackpool and anything less than a win for Northampton Town would see us all but promoted to division 3.

However, our terrible run of late means than nothing is for certain and we will have to put in a great performance to reverse our current trend.

Im not denying the fact that Michael is a good manager' date=' what he's done with Darlington eclipses other achievements. It's just that I have spoken with him recently and he's said he's bored with the game as the transfer market is stale and everyone seems to buy every £10k riser on the game. But, the reason that he will find the transfer market stale is that he's not open to sell anyone.[/quote']

I agree with this. His squad is incredible and to complete a 4th division challenge in a game-world as competitive as this (though maybe not so several seasons ago) is outstanding. However, I've enquired about players (fringe players too) and he hasn't budged at all and even bemoaned how useless cash was in this set-up! I've found it anything but...