English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

With Sunderland losing tonight and Sheff Wed's winning against Wolves I believe that has promoted us to the 1st division tonight' date=' as Palaces win puts them 10 points behind us in 3rd with 3 left to play :D[/quote']

Ill PM you my address so you can send me the money for beating Sunderland.;)

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons. EC106 in my opinion i

Posted Images

With Sunderland losing tonight and Sheff Wed's winning against Wolves I believe that has promoted us to the 1st division tonight' date=' as Palaces win puts them 10 points behind us in 3rd with 3 left to play :D[/quote']

Well done mate,back to back promotions and Shield winners since you have joined the setup,I'm sure with the side at your disposal you can stay in Division 1.

Northampton 1 Hull 3

Automatic promotion is totally out of the question now both Dave and Pat will fight it out to decide who will be the champions, i could still slip out of the play-offs to make matters worse. 18th placed Walsall up next and really cannot afford to drop anymore points. Gone from the best form side in the setup, to losing five in six. :(

Well done mate' date='back to back promotions and Shield winners since you have joined the setup,I'm sure with the side at your disposal you can stay in Division 1.[/quote']

Cheers mate :D I hope so, but we'l see what happens next season lol, I'v just got promoted in EC1 as well with a lesser rated side than this and am struggling big time to get results, so avoiding relagation will be my aim next season here

And fair play to you Simon...you said you would do it and you did, an excellent achievement :)

Meanwhile Hull make the leap to the third divison after an excellent 3-1 win at Dan's Northampton ( unlucky mate)...I believe I sit on a 6 point lead? with 9 left so fingers crossed for the title....next up Jacks Peterborough :)

And fair play to you Simon...you said you would do it and you did' date=' an excellent achievement :)

Meanwhile Hull make the leap to the third divison after an excellent 3-1 win at Dan's Northampton ( unlucky mate)...I believe I sit on a 6 point lead? with 9 left so fingers crossed for the title....next up Jacks Peterborough :)[/color']

Cheers big fella - just been confirmed as Champions with 3 too play :D:D

1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY © 35 34 70

2 Crystal Palace 35 10 60

3 Fulham 35 10 59

4 Sunderland 35 14 58

5 Crewe Alexandra 35 17 56

6 Bradford City 35 6 54

Just as Cameron Jerome is set to come back from injury on Wednesday, tonight although managing to beat Ipswich thanks to a Matt Derbyshire goal i've picked up two injuries and a suspension.

After tonight here's the games that certain players will be missing:

Chris Brunt - End of the season

Stephen Whittaker - 2/3 games

Robert Huth - 1 game

But it's not all bad news, Liam Lawrence is back from suspension to cover in for Chris Brunt whilst Cameron Jerome is back to full fitness to give myself a full strength strikeforce for the first time in 6 weeks.

Who would have thought it though, thanks to winning my last 6 games i'm now 3 points off the play-offs with 3 games remaining and up to 11th. Lets hope that the constant injuries/suspensions don't prevent me from a strong final three games in the season.

Arsenal pick up a crucial 2-1 win away to Southampton thanks to goals from Benoit Pedretti and Fernando Torres, the latter of whom is finally beginning to show his true colours after a slow start to life in North London. Liverpool's draw at home to Portsmouth means the two big guns are again tied at Division One's summit, with the teams evenly matched in terms of goal difference. The last three games of the season shall be very interesting....

There is bad news for the Gunners, however, as Jeremy Toulalan is ruled out for 12 weeks after suffering damaged cruciate ligaments. Sigh.

Arsenal pick up a crucial 2-1 win away to Southampton thanks to goals from Benoit Pedretti and Fernando Torres' date=' the latter of whom is finally beginning to show his true colours after a slow start to life in North London. [/quote']

Torres has 3 goals or something like that for you. Villa is still waiting for his first. ;)

Anyway I'm in negotiations with a manager about the sale of Rooney and Ronaldo.... so if interested alert me and see if you can make a better bid.

Also set to sign an unnamed midfielder at the season's end.

Magnificent 6-1 home win for Bristol City ! :D Two hat-tricks each from my main men Karagounis and Jovanovic dispatch a poor Donny team. :)

The gap's now 8 points to 7th so I can pretty much assure I'm playing in the play-offs ;), and it's just a case of finishing 3rd or 4th. Personally I hope it's 3rd and Leyton just sneak into 6th :D.

Raul Meireles will join Manchester United at the seasons end.

Really happy with the deal we've agreed upon to be honest,as much I like Meireles as a player I don't really need him as I'm already quite strong in the CM position,and in return for selling Meireles I've got a quality goalkeeper in Adler which I needed,a good left back in Pieters and I've also got a replacement in buying Cana for C/V,I now have good cover in three positions I needed it in and therefore it's a good deal for me.

Really happy with the deal we've agreed upon to be honest' date='as much I like Meireles as a player I don't really need him as I'm already quite strong in the CM position,and in return for selling Meireles I've got a quality goalkeeper in Adler which I needed,a good left back in Pieters and I've also got a replacement in buying Cana for C/V,I now have good cover in three positions I needed it in and therefore it's a good deal for me.[/quote']

Sounds like a smashing deal to me. Well done!

Ten goals with Aston Villa coming out on top 6-4 should have won it but for Roland Juhasz getting sent off in the 14th minute with the score at 3-1 went 3-0 up after just 6 minutes as well.

a couple of positives though Gaston Fernandez scored a first half hat-trick and new signing Issiar Dia scored his first goal only a point behind Crystal Palace however a tricky final three games against Wigan,Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds.

Sounds like a smashing deal to me. Well done!

Its truly one of those deals that works for both sides, granted I can find a new keeper.

Meireles in one of my favourite players and would strengthen an already strong central midfield. With recent acquisitions of Veloso and now Meireles to go with Mascherano and Pizarro, Cana is excess and as he already has concerns why not fork him out as a deal sweatener? Pieters is nowhere near my first team. So really its an Adler/Meireles swap.

So now on the lookout for an 90+ rated GK.

Blackpool 3 -2 Hartlepool United. *sigh*

Hull City will now officially be playing division 3 football next season so congratulations to Dave. I think it is fair to say that his team will also be crowned as champions.

As for us, another defeat means we still need some points to ensure promotion. Due to GD, 1 point from the last three games would surely be enough.

Blackpool 3 -2 Hartlepool United. *sigh*

Hull City will now officially be playing division 3 football next season so congratulations to Dave. I think it is fair to say that his team will also be crowned as champions.

As for us' date=' another defeat means we still need some points to ensure promotion. Due to GD, 1 point from the last three games would surely be enough. [/font']

Knowing SM you will probably lose the next two matches and win 5-0 on the final day of the season or something :D

Think I might struggle to stay in playoff zone for much longer. Really disheartened at the two defeats to Cheltenham and Grimsby. Should really be beating them, say that with the greatest respect to them both. I think I should be battling for the title with my squad!!! Clearly I am doing something wrong, need to find out what it is FAST.