English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Knowing SM you will probably lose the next two matches and win 5-0 on the final day of the season or something :D

Think I might struggle to stay in playoff zone for much longer. Really disheartened at the two defeats to Cheltenham and Grimsby. Should really be beating them' date=' say that with the greatest respect to them both. I think I should be battling for the title with my squad!!! Clearly I am doing something wrong, need to find out what it is FAST.[/quote']

Obviously you've got the squad and that to be beating me, but i wasn't that shocked with the win as i had won the last four before playing you. Now won 6 on the trot and i'm up to 11th with a real chance of getting into the play-offs, just 3 points behind 6th spot with 3 games to go.

Selling Amini & Iousfi meaning that the only player left from the last era is Kevin Nolan, who i wont be getting rid of. But there are players that i am

happy to sell for P/E. I will consider bids on the following players:

Maynor Figeroua - 87 - LB/CB

Steven Whittaker - 87 - RB/RM

Chris Gunter - 85 - RB/LB

Robert Huth - 88 - CB/RB

Zat Knight - 87 - CB

Steven Davis - 88 - RM/CM

Liam Lawrence - 85 - RM/Wing

Glenn Whelan - 87 - CM

Danny Guthrie - 85 - CM/RM

Chris Brunt - 87 - Wing/AM

Chris Eagles - 85 - Wing/AM

Matt Derbyshire - 86 - Fwd

At the moment i'm £200k in the red, and that's with the sales of Isoufi & Amini so although i'd like to bid for other players with these players at the moment i'm unable to. Any interest and just contact me via P/M, obviously players like Robert Huth and Chris Brunt wont be leaving Cheltenham unless the deal is a good one.

Arsenal pick up a crucial 2-1 win away to Southampton thanks to goals from Benoit Pedretti and Fernando Torres' date=' the latter of whom is finally beginning to show his true colours after a slow start to life in North London. Liverpool's draw at home to Portsmouth means the two big guns are again tied at Division One's summit, with the teams evenly matched in terms of goal difference. The last three games of the season shall be very interesting....

There is bad news for the Gunners, however, as Jeremy Toulalan is ruled out for 12 weeks after suffering damaged cruciate ligaments. Sigh.[/quote']

Argh, I always seem to lose steam at the end of the season (Messi wasnt available for this match too)......:mad: Cavani grabbed my only goal.

8 points away with 3 games to go.......No chance of a title then:(

Have such a bitter taste in my mouth right now. Won 3-1 over Burnley courtesy of a Cristiano Ronaldo hat trick.

Not only that but at 85 minutes it was 1-1. Then Ronaldo scored 2 in two minutes.

Someone please get the player I hate so much out of my club (with a good offer.. how I regret not considering Southampton's bid more)... and the same applies with Rooney.

Despite the win I somehow moved down to 10th? :confused::confused::confused:

I'm very happy you did not consider my bid.........:P It got me Messi:D

Happy to sign Jan Lecjaks from Anderlecht, Huddersfield and Leyton Orient had bidded, doubt I would have gotten him had Orient had enough funds.

Magnificent 6-1 home win for Bristol City ! :D Two hat-tricks each from my main men Karagounis and Jovanovic dispatch a poor Donny team. :)

The gap's now 8 points to 7th so I can pretty much assure I'm playing in the play-offs ;)' date=' and it's just a case of finishing 3rd or 4th. Personally I hope it's 3rd and Leyton just sneak into 6th :D.[/quote']

Well done, that was a great result, had a little sigh when I seen it, but not exactly suprised!

I'd take 6th happily right now but the further up I am, the better! But with top clubs still in the mix, such as Rochdale, Gillingham, Notts County & Brizzle Rovers I have my work cut out! I wouldn't mind 5th as Wycombe could still lose their bottle cap!

Also gutted to have lose out on Lekjags or w.e his name is, dang finances eh!

Might see a little external bidding war happen with a certain player who has played a game this season, more than likely down to injury!

Norwich managed to beat Bristol Rovers 3-2 last night. A brace for Nicolas Anelka was great to see. Rested a lot of my higher rated players last night and chucked a few young lads in and they did the job nicely.

Any-one interested in Seb Blanco (88) Wing/AM for cash?

EC106 Under-23 Youth Cup Reminder

I would like to remind those who have yet to complete the second leg of the Under-23 Youth Cup round 2. Tonight is your last chance to get it done. Do let me know in the thread if your opponent failed to send or accept the match request. Good luck!

Magnificent 6-1 home win for Bristol City ! :D Two hat-tricks each from my main men Karagounis and Jovanovic dispatch a poor Donny team. :)

The gap's now 8 points to 7th so I can pretty much assure I'm playing in the play-offs ;)' date=' and it's just a case of finishing 3rd or 4th. Personally I hope it's 3rd and Leyton just sneak into 6th :D.[/quote']

Wouldn't say poor though buddy, my team too had 6 shots on target same as yours; just a shame my players only netted one of them..:(

But on the whole it's been a pretty disappointing season for me, already looking forward to next season.

A very good 2-0 away win at playoff chasing Brentford for my Grimsby side. Just starting to turn the form round again which is a shame as at one stahe i looked a half decent bet for a playoff place. However gives me some hope for next season.

Also the following the players will be off to externals so if anybody wants to bid get in contact and i will cancel the deals.

Michael Johnson

Jozy Altidore

Ferreira Edhino

Halil Altintop

Really happy with the deal we've agreed upon to be honest' date='as much I like Meireles as a player I don't really need him as I'm already quite strong in the CM position,and in return for selling Meireles I've got a quality goalkeeper in Adler which I needed,a good left back in Pieters and I've also got a replacement in buying Cana for C/V,I now have good cover in three positions I needed it in and therefore it's a good deal for me.[/quote']

Im guessing utd have a replacement keeper lined up then? Good deal btw

Wouldn't say poor though buddy' date=' my team too had 6 shots on target same as yours; just a shame my players only netted one of them..:(

But on the whole it's been a pretty disappointing season for me, already looking forward to next season.[/quote']

Well maybe not poor how about below average? Conceding every shot on target can't be great for morale lol :P

EDIT : Just noticed I travel down to Brisbane Road next, time for some play-off killing football ! :D

Thanks' date='as for a replacement he doesn't have one yet,I think his confident he will get one when selling Ronaldo or Rooney.[/quote']

Can't remember the last time someone sold a 90+ rated keeper for cash. Most teams have a top keeper and a up-and-coming back up. Without a replacement keeper coming as part of the deal, I predict it will be hard to find one, and to buy one before selling Adler.

Added to that, the best rated keeper at external is Andres Palop, who's TBd for a while.

No' date=' 2. Playing through the series before I get Brotherhood.[/quote']

Played through no. 1, my no. 2 only went to like 70% through the campaign and froze got brotherhood for xmas but barely played it. Only tested out online, and they've got a lot of work to do if there going to make a good online section to the game, need to really start the campaign sooner or later.

Oh and i suppose some breaking news at Whaddon road:

The offer for Robert HUTH of Cheltenham Town from Preston North End has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Leaving for £1.9m & John Mensah, and i think i'll do an M/R on it :)

Thanks' date='as for a replacement he doesn't have one yet,I think his confident he will get one when selling Ronaldo or Rooney.[/quote']

Jeeeeeez

Amazing deal Andy........91 keeper at a division 3 side should really help your Defence

Transfer of the season is that for me

Played through no. 1' date=' my no. 2 only went to like 70% through the campaign and froze got brotherhood for xmas but barely played it. Only tested out online, and they've got a lot of work to do if there going to make a good online section to the game, need to really start the campaign sooner or later.

Oh and i suppose some breaking news at Whaddon road:

Leaving for £1.9m & John Mensah, and i think i'll do an M/R on it :)[/quote']

Compensating for that by selling Andy Lonergan to Kobenhaven. Received £2.6m, the same as what I paid for him and £0.6m more than CV. One of my favourite players but atm just adding to the wage bill. Huth is suspended against Huddersfield, but is likely to make his debut against Everton.

Guest drseanfitz

Sean FITZHARRIS has completed his move to Crewe Alexandra from Celtic for £410,000

so chuffed with this, watched him rip stirling apart on tuesday night, before he was subbed, never made he bench for the horror show against the queens yesterday though.

so chuffed with this' date=' [b']watched him rip stirling apart [/b]on tuesday night, before he was subbed, never made he bench for the horror show against the queens yesterday though.

Oohhh, he must be the new messi then eh?:D:p

In the final stages of negotiating a monster three part swap that will see Ronaldo' date=' Rooney and Mascherano all leave Manchester United.

Along with the signing of Meireles, Juan, Higuain and Villa I am really putting my name on this team :D[/quote']

Care to tell us what team your dealing with?

Back at Tranmere, its was honours even against Huddersfield. I really hope I can avoid relegation (still can't believe before I became inactive I wasn't far off top spot!) Really changing the team, the first team actually doesn't look to bad now in terms of size. Trouble is, the youth team is now MASSIVE and costing me over 500k a week. So, feel free to make bids for players in the youth team (not saying ill accept every bid, but a good cash bid on most of them should tempt me!)

Also, I have a lot of players to loan out - Benatia, Ulreich, Funes Mori and co (still cant belive Bruno mars hasn't been loaned out yet!)