English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

To be fair' date=' If I paid 9m for Poulson I'd probably quit.

Nah, sad to see him go! Made me go onto my manager history - Tranmere Rovers English Championship 106 [b']229[/b] 528 2.31 14 Feb 2009 22 Feb 2011 - Present

Damnn, nearly 230 games :o

I feel like a right part-timer now :D

Longest stint with any club is 166 games and a club I'm managing at present takes it down to 76 :P

I feel like a right part-timer now :D

Longest stint with any club is 166 games and a club I'm managing at present takes it down to 76 :P

I'm reaping the benefits now :D Sean, both Daves (Spoke to Belky last night!) flounders and co, all been here for years. Quite proud actually :D

Guest drseanfitz

To be fair' date=' If I paid 9m for Poulson I'd probably quit.

Nah, sad to see him go! Made me go onto my manager history - Tranmere Rovers English Championship 106 [b']229[/b] 528 2.31 14 Feb 2009 22 Feb 2011 - Present

Damnn, nearly 230 games :o

sean fitzpatrick 25th Jan 09 - present 232 469 2.02

only been here 4 weeks longer than you have

Guest drseanfitz

my longest stint is Rochdale in EC2762

267 league games

6 Charity Shield Charity Shield Winner sean fitzpatrick

5 Division 1 Division 1 Winner sean fitzpatrick

4 Division 1 Division 1 Winner sean fitzpatrick

3 English Shield English Shield Runner-Up sean fitzpatrick

3 Division 2 Division 2 Winner sean fitzpatrick

2 English Cup English Cup Winner sean fitzpatrick

2 Division 3 Division 3 Winner sean fitzpatrick

1 Division 4 Division 4 Winner sean fitzpatrick

It bored me' date=' as do most GCs :( I'm sure 1 would be great if you could put the time into it but I've got other clubs I'd rather put time into. Plus, it all feels kinda pointless as all the good players are in Russia :D[/quote']

Yeh, you do need to be patient with your scouting, but you can slowly build decent sides (look at me at Aue, or more noticably, Astan at Leyton Orient - both built from absolutely nothing).

my longest stint is Rochdale in EC2762

267 league games

6 Charity Shield Charity Shield Winner sean fitzpatrick

5 Division 1 Division 1 Winner sean fitzpatrick

4 Division 1 Division 1 Winner sean fitzpatrick

3 English Shield English Shield Runner-Up sean fitzpatrick

3 Division 2 Division 2 Winner sean fitzpatrick

2 English Cup English Cup Winner sean fitzpatrick

2 Division 3 Division 3 Winner sean fitzpatrick

1 Division 4 Division 4 Winner sean fitzpatrick

Mine is 262 games with CSKA Moskva in WC1773. They were the first side I took after getting back into SM (having first played it during sixth form). Used to love that team, but after a couple of mates dropped out of the set-up, I lost the enjoyment of competing with them, and the Barcelona manager who had an insane side. Won Division One once, but that was the only honour I won, despite a very good side.

Closing in on that record with Sevilla in GC49 and Sheffield Wednesday in GC19, on 181 and 171 games played respectively.

Been a busy day at Carrow Road, with a few ins and outs. First, Felipe Santana arrived from Dortmund for £7.0M + fringe player Davide Mateos. With Cuellar leaving for £12M, I had him replaced well in advance. Santana isn't going to rsie, nor drop, so his solidarity is welcomed at the club. Next up was Paraguayan attacker Nelson Valdez from Gozzy's Plymouth for a whopping £9.5M. I like Valdez, was good for Dortmuind, always plays well at national level, and is doing very well at a very good Hercules side. Then came Manuel Fernandes from Andy's Notts County for £9M. I wouldn't usually spend that much money on a player with a risk of a drop, but as Andy pointed out to me, its likely he'll keep his 88 at Besiktas if he keeps up his current game time.

Still looking for an 87+ defender, 87+ striker and an 87+ midfielder so if ye have any going for cash, then PM/VM me on here, or PM me in game.

Also, Nicolas Anelka is still for P/E..

My longest is 159 games with a Swansea in EC4326. Only really in Season 4, but had them since the start took them from Division 2 to Division 1 and after finishing 3rd in the division last season i threatend for the Cup, Shield, League treble this season. Unfortunatly yesterday i lost 5-4 against my main rivals Chelsea in the Cup Semi, but got a Shield Semi and a real chance at the league to go. Got a great squad with the likes of Messi and Sneijder, and i'm actually managing rather well with an absoloutly massive wage bill with just a 24,000 seater.

My Swansea in EC5579 isn't too far off that aswell with 127 games to my name, i'm not going to be packing it in with either of these teams anytime soon either.

Guest drseanfitz

Only fair to post on here, as a few people have asked me over the last couple of months, am sat on a very tempting offer for Theo Walcott, so if anyone else wants to tempt me you better get a bid in now.

Only fair to post on here' date=' as a few people have asked me over the last couple of months, am sat on a very tempting offer for Theo Walcott, so if anyone else wants to tempt me you better get a bid in now.[/quote']

I've got a couple of 79's and I suppose I could russle up a few quid?

I have 414 games with a Sunderland team in EC330. I didn't get a hang of things there for a while, but quickly caught up and I have a very good team there. I haven't bought much there for a while.

In EC106, it is 251 games and counting. Does that include the cups?

I have 414 games with a Sunderland team in EC330. I didn't get a hang of things there for a while' date=' but quickly caught up and I have a very good team there. I haven't bought much there for a while.

In EC106, it is 251 games and counting. Does that include the cups?[/quote']

I think it includes all competitions, including the SMFA ones which really annoys me. The top manager records in some game-worlds I'm in are very skewed towards the top divisions who get to play an extra 10 games a season against poor, unmanaged opposition.

I think it includes all competitions' date=' including the SMFA ones which really annoys me. The top manager records in some game-worlds I'm in are very skewed towards the top divisions who get to play an extra 10 games a season against poor, unmanaged opposition.[/quote']

Thanks. Perhaps looking at the join date would give a better impression. Some teams go far in the cups every year, while I get knocked out in the first round. :o