English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

3 games away from managing 100 games at reading, Also have a very decent 2.21 as my point average.

Finally most of my squad is available for sale, If your interested get in touch.

List of players not for sale

Oscar De Marcos

Saurez Jeffren

Pavel Mamaev

Frank Tabanou

De Silvestri

Anders Lindegaard

Benik Afobe

Leandro Parades

Ravel Morrison

Mateo Kovacic

Fredrik Sorenson

Talking of the SMFA Champions Cup, Arsenal were defeated 3-2 at Darlington this evening in the first-leg of our Semi-Final (we've both negotiated the tricky path of poor, unmanaged opposition ;)). An Alexandre Pato brace did much of the damage to the Gunners, but Pablo Hernandez and Ricardo Kaka both got crucial away goals which could be key in deciding the outcome of the tie following the second leg. The teams shall square off once more at the Emirates a week today, with the winners progressing to the Final to face either Chelsea or Bayern Munchen - Chelsea won their first-leg this evening, 3-1.

You've stayed in the same division all that time:eek: !? And yet I could crack it at my first attempt... :)

Could! But very unlikely ;-)

Normally I'd say quality over quantity Zak

In your case its the other way round;)

I suppose you could put it that way :P

Really? Oh deary me Zakoooo! Took me 5 seasons to get from div 4 to div 1 :D

Hush up you, you've been riding you luck for the past few season and will soon be back where you belong! In Division 4 ;-)

451 games as Preston manager under my belt.

Wow' date=' that's amazing.:eek:

My longest stint at a club is 219 with my VFB Stuttgart in this custom league that I was in with my mates from school. My second longest is my Pompey team in EC5579 with 126. I'm only two games off my 100th game in charge of Hartlepool though.:D[/font']

Yeh' date=' you do need to be patient with your scouting, but you can slowly build decent sides (look at me at Aue, or more noticably, Astan at Leyton Orient - both built from absolutely nothing).[/quote']

Scouting for risers is generally pointless though as with so much cash, just generating more isn't really worthwhile. Australian risers were untouched when I joined and I did very well off them but as they won't ever amount to anything, they're pretty much worthless.

GC1 requires a different kind of scouting, the kind which suits guys like you, Tom and Mark who watch a lot of less popular leagues and can spot talent coming through. I reckon I could have perhaps built a decent side, maybe stable D1, but nothing more, I didn't think I had the time (or patience :o) to be watching other leagues in depth.

Astan's Leyton Orient is incredible though. He seems to have a real eye for talent. Something to aspire to Zak ;)

Scouting for risers is generally pointless though as with so much cash' date=' just generating more isn't really worthwhile. Australian risers were untouched when I joined and I did very well off them but as they won't ever amount to anything, they're pretty much worthless.

GC1 requires a different kind of scouting, the kind which suits guys like you, Tom and Mark who watch a lot of less popular leagues and can spot talent coming through. I reckon I could have perhaps built a decent side, maybe stable D1, but nothing more, I didn't think I had the time (or patience :o) to be watching other leagues in depth.

Astan's Leyton Orient is incredible though. He seems to have a real eye for talent. Something to aspire to Zak ;)[/quote']

All very true. For me, it does help that I watch the Primera A closely, but it's not the definitive reason why I've had success. Simply buying old, higher-rated players on the cheap works profit in the early days. Using your money wisely on smaller risers is vital, and every now and again you'll find a gem. For example, Pedro Rios of Getafe, who was a 28-year-old, 84-rated RM when I signed him. Now, he's looking very good for a rise to 87, which is a great rating for a small side in GC1. You do have to do your research (I read up about almost every player I sign in this set-up), but the rewards are so much greater because it is such a challenging set-up. I have a foothold now, and I won't be letting go until I'm king of Germany. ;)

With regards to Astan, I think it's worth pointing out that he only has two sides on SM (and the second he won't have had all that long [Greenock Morton, GC100]), so he can put almost all his time into Leyton Orient. You, I and hundreds of other have five, ten, maybe even more sides to look after, so you can't afford to be so dedicated to one set-up. If you could though, it would be easy to make more of an impression in GC 1, just like it would for EC106 or any other set-up for that matter. Any player that comes off their TB, you'd know about it.

Having said that, it doesn't do justice to the job that guy has done at Leyton Orient. Unreal stuff, in all honesty.

With a little help from some friends ;)

But the less said about play-off loans the better... Neil's mad enough as it is :)

To be fair I did get them as soon as I joined the set up, which was about quarter of the way through the season

Back on set up topic Wolves have been taken

Do not bring that one up again........:D

I really get annoyed about loaning in play-offs.....Disgraceful:mad:

Its cheating to gain an unfair advantage and anyone that does it deserves to have tomatos thrown at them

Got my loanees waaayyyyyy before play offs were decided ;)

Do not bring that one up again........:D

I really get annoyed about loaning in play-offs.....Disgraceful:mad:

Its cheating to gain an unfair advantage and anyone that does it deserves to have tomatos thrown at them

In your opinion....

It's not cheating. If it were, then the whole use of the loan system would be classed as cheating - not just in the game, but in real life itself. There is an argument to made there, but I can't see how loaning players can be classed as cheating. Immoral and unethical perhaps, but not cheating.

And besides, this is just a game, remember!

I guess if people have no faith in there team and need to gain an unfair advantage then they arn't that good at managing in reality

What's the differance then in loaning players before the season starts as in reality your gaining an "unfair" advantage then too aren't you?

In your opinion....

It's not cheating. If it were' date=' then the whole use of the loan system would be classed as cheating - not just in the game, but in real life itself. There is an argument to made there, but I can't see how loaning players can be classed as cheating. Immoral and unethical perhaps, but not cheating.

And besides, this is just a game, remember![/quote']

No...no...no......I'm hitting tha sack very soon Andy but I could argue that loaning in JUST for the play-offs is not right fella

Loans any other time....fair enough.....but not for the play-offs

No...no...no......I'm hitting tha sack very soon Andy but I could argue that loaning in JUST for the play-offs is not right fella

Loans any other time....fair enough.....but not for the play-offs

I understand why people would object to it. I just don't, to be blunt. Taking into consideration how erratic the ME can be on occasions (I have, after all, had pitifully poor, ~84-rated sides defeat star-studded, ~92-rated sides in the past), I fail to see how one or two extra players of a higher quality can make that much of a difference.

Just my opinion.

What's the differance then in loaning players before the season starts as in reality your gaining an "unfair" advantage then too aren't you?

Nope because then your loaning in players to cover a shortfall in your team for the whole season - when people cheat by loaning for play-offs the players they loan tend to be much higher rated ie 89/90/91 because that then gives them a massive advantage for 1 or 2 games - they are both totally different scenarios in nature

166 games in charge of Southend means i've lasted a tad longer this time round than my first stint in 106 (11 games in charge of Blackpool Jan - Feb '09 :o).

Outside of EC106, i'm currently sitting at:

211 with Histon in GC56

376 with Chesterfield in EC1

394 with Queens Park in GC10

In other news: Carlos Cuellar will join for £12m, having only recently dropped from 90 then despite his problems he surely must be the safe 89 CB i was looking for.

With Campagnaro hopefully set to rise to 89 then i only need to sign my mystery target next week to once again have an all-89 back three :)

Also i've offered Steven Naismith in a p/ex deal however it's possible that the manager would prefer cash so if Naismith interests anyone you can make me an offer via PM - has established himself this year for Rangers and Scotland (scoring against Spain in the process) and has 1500+ minutes this season; all of which should see him rise to 88 next time round.....and as a W/F he's versatile too :D