• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Mrs Moses Age : Unknown Nationailty : PoshScottish Position : Missionary (7 years of marriage will do that to you) Preferred foot : Both - norma

Posted Images

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

I just had to laugh been done with that myself. Lets hope Sir Sean missed it :D

well as your post is top of the page I haven't seen anything yet. Better hope there's no trace of anything left behind when I click back a page, you know quoted posts etc.

well as your post is top of the page I haven't seen anything yet. Better hope there's no trace of anything left behind when I click back a page' date=' you know quoted posts etc.[/quote']

I think were safe mate. Just a bit of schoolboy error from young Ben the poor lad has seen his ways though :)

Arsenal finish the league season with a 0-0 draw against Tranmere Rovers, which was enough to ensure the Gunners' opponents survival in Division One. The clean sheet also confirms Arsenal as having the best defence in the entire set-up this season, reaffirming the age-old saying, defence wins championships.

EDIT: £9.1m prize money. Nice. B)

Charlton slipped down to 12th place in Division 1 after shaky performances from the lads in the 1-1 draw against Tottenham Hotspurs. A slight improvement from last season although we finished 12th for 2 seasons straight. Charlton earned 51 points this season compared to 48 points in Season 11. We will need to improve on our home results next season and from there, continue to progress and aim for at least the SMFA Shield places.

Spent nearly all of the season in the play-offs, and on the very last day we lose our place on GD after a 2-0 defeat to bottom of the table Bournemouth, absolutely heart breaking.

Been a strange season, beat Chelsea, Bolton, Carlisle United, Wolves in the cup to make the quarters where we ere knocked out by Leyton Orient, a result even Zak admitted i should of won, then lose 6 of the 7 final games of the season, was only five places from Pat at one stage.

:(:(:(

A weak Fulham side see off Leeds 2-1 goals from Gaston Fernandez and new signing Siaka Tiene in the 49th and 50th minute consolation goal for the visitors from Luciano Becchio also a memorable club debut for Andrey Ivanov as he gets injured for 3 weeks.

Take Fulham into the playoffs which will be my 4th division 2 playoffs in 6 seasons

West Brom stay up with a fortunate draw against Dermo's Huddersfield but we'd still be up had we lost with Burnley failing to beat Liverpool by a ridiculous margin :) Onwards and upwards from here methinks; I've got a lovely squad behind me and have been starting to get results. Lots of top teams and top managers though so I'd be happy with any improvement on this season.

Not quite sure how Bolton managed to stay up I was 11 points from safety before we went on to win the last six from seven. I don't know what it is with this side I just don't enjoy them I think it's because I started with loads of stars and I would have much rather started with nothing and gradually built them up as my own I really would love a division four side. Anyway this is likely my last season in 106 if I don't take to them or get a lower league job offer.

Bastos Mata Vucinic and Lisandro lopez are available looking for 2 for 1s mainly after a left & right mid and right back.

Despite a comfortable 2-0 win over Doncaster Rovers,Notts County miss out on 6th by a point as Leyton Orient 3-0 win over Derby see's them into 6th place,in the end I've finished 8th and missed out on the playoffs and got to a Shield final which I lost in,can't really complain too much with a season like that,but an extra two points would have made the season so much better.

David Villa scores his first goals as a Manchester United player, as Manchester United beat Southampton 2-0. Goals to Villa (1st, 8th minute) and two assists from new signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic secure points and mean the future is bright :)

The win means we finish in a respectable 6th and will play in Europe next season.... however with a whole season of my management ahead anything less than top four will be disappointing.

Finish in 9th, the highest position i've been in all season and got into the top 10 so i'm very pleased with my first season at Cheltenham. Won 3-0 at home to Boston, think they played there reserves/youth but you still have to win the game. :)

Could have been play-offs if i'd have won the only game i didn't win in my last 9 games of the season, but i don't mind too much as a defeat today and i could have finished five places lower in the table.

Guest drseanfitz

crewe won, but in doing the right thing and playing a full strength side Pazzini picked up an injury, looks like Godwillie will be trying to secure playoff victory for me.

Sorry Joe.

Signed Dino Spehar - interesting young Croatian linked with Munich, and had a bid accepted for luis garcia - that I might cancel.