English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

**** Rotherham score four, BUT Leyton Orient score FIVE baby!!!!

Progress to the Playoffs Final!!!!!

Fellaini red carded, but all is well I have sifficient cover as Fernandiniho returns, fitness woes though, will fitness increase by a higher amount or am I gonna be playing 80% fit players does anyone know?

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Mrs Moses Age : Unknown Nationailty : PoshScottish Position : Missionary (7 years of marriage will do that to you) Preferred foot : Both - norma

Posted Images

after a 4-4 draw Crewe make the playoff final on penalties. Bradford in the final' date=' with the last 4 meetings with them being 3-0, 5-1,6-0, 5-1 victoriesfor me, I am concerned fate will switch things this time round.[/quote']

Nice one mate, would be good to see Arsenal's feeder club in the same division as them! :P

To be fair' date=' I tend to use the forum for game-worlds like 106 as the in-game PM system is hopeless (you can't see what you've written in the past).

I've got Troch available and Germ at Bolton said Lisandro and Bastos (I think) can leave :)[/quote']

You can see the last six messages, which is usually enough unless you're in contact with a particular manager every other day. Besides, on the forum, you only get 100 messages before you have to delete, so when you do, you can't see what you've written in the past there even, no? You'd have to be pretty selective with your deleting methods....

And thanks, but I'm not sure any of them are better than what I have (Pablo). Lisandro's ace, but he's not primarily a winger.

Personally I have always preferred using the forum both in 106 and elsewhere Andy :)

Any particular reason why?

Hardly the best when you consider that before you told me about the Norwich deal you had already sat on bids ( both in excess of your asking price) from both me and Zak for the same player ??..I'll be honest with you ( and please forgive me when i say this) but that's bloody shabby in my book..I for one will not be dealing with you in the future B)

Aren't I entitled to sit on bids and wait to see if something arrives? I don't mean to be so rash but what rule is there that says you have to reply to bids immediately? Surely I'm allowed time to think about deals or just wait on them to see what else comes in and who else is interested enough to make a bid. And of course when the demand for a player goes up so too does the price.. so its always better to wait on a bid and have lets say 4 teams bidding on a player than rushing into a deal with one manager.

I'm normally a very active forumer and manager in game and a bit disappointed that you are resorting to refusing to do deals now with me (not that we have done) just simply because I have had a lul in replies. I do also have a life outside of SM and think I'm perfectly entitled to also give them preference over SM.

Disappointed in you Dave that have chosen to resort to such levels but I respect you for your decision and least there are 78 other managers that I can do deals with so your Hull isn't that important to me anyway.

You can see the last six messages' date=' which is usually enough unless you're in contact with a particular manager every other day. Besides, on the forum, you only get 100 messages before you have to delete, so when you do, you can't see what you've written in the past there even, no? You'd have to be pretty selective with your deleting methods....

And thanks, but I'm not sure any of them are better than what I have (Pablo). Lisandro's ace, but he's not primarily a winger.[/quote']

Past meaning on a particular deal. Maybe it's just me but I tend to run over 6 in-game PMs when working out a deal, especially a multi-parter. It's easier on the forum with quoted PMs and the VM conversation tool to look back over your negotiations. That said, I sold Cesar and bought Adebayor from PMing in-game. You also don't have as stringent a character count.

Lisandro will keep his wing position though... but enough of me advertising Bolton's players :P

**** Rotherham score four' date=' BUT Leyton Orient score FIVE baby!!!!

Progress to the Playoffs Final!!!!!

Fellaini red carded, but all is well I have sifficient cover as Fernandiniho returns, fitness woes though, will fitness increase by a higher amount or am I gonna be playing 80% fit players does anyone know?[/quote']

The team you face will be in the same position.....Fitness wise

Don't worry fella.......Good luck in the final:)

Cheers Dave.

and Andy. be good to show arshavin and lucio that they made the wrong career choices.

Haha' date=' they came looking for trophies, and that's what they found. ;)

Past meaning on a particular deal. Maybe it's just me but I tend to run over 6 in-game PMs when working out a deal, especially a multi-parter. It's easier on the forum with quoted PMs and the VM conversation tool to look back over your negotiations. That said, I sold Cesar and bought Adebayor from PMing in-game. You also don't have as stringent a character count.

Lisandro will keep his wing position though... but enough of me advertising Bolton's players :P

Perhaps that's you then. I've never ever negotiated on a deal so much where I've thought, "darn it, I wish I knew what I'd said a week ago." True about the character count, but that too is never really an issue for me.

Whatever people prefer, it's nay bother, I just find it interesting. :)

And I know, but I'd rather sign a pure winger who isn't likely to lose the wing aspect to his position (which Lisandro potentially could in the future). Similar to the Thomas Muller situation of the past couple of days, albeit in reverse.

P.S. Well done Zak. :)

Well done! Must be a good day winning that and eventually having me accept the Kolodin deal.

You offered me him for 5.5m many weeks ago! Could have accepted anytime, but I didn't want him lol

Also thanks Lenny, didn't think of it like that!

Thanks also Andy :-)

Hang on Ian' date=' and everyone in general to be honest, is it commonplace to contact somebody on the forum if they are interested in conducting a deal? I always, always, always contact managers in-game, surely that is a hell of a lot easier? :confused:

On a side-note, I've been looking for a good winger, as it's one of the weak points in my side. To my despair, I realise that Nani was sold a month before I took control of the club. The fee? £4m, Mickael Ciani and Benoit Pedretti. Shameful, shameful deal. :mad:[/quote']

You're looking for winger,Andy? Maybe Marcell Jansen will be good choice.

Hang on Ian' date=' and everyone in general to be honest, is it commonplace to contact somebody on the forum if they are interested in conducting a deal? I always, always, always contact managers in-game, surely that is a hell of a lot easier? :confused:

[b']On a side-note, I've been looking for a good winger, as it's one of the weak points in my side. To my despair, I realise that Nani was sold a month before I took control of the club. The fee? £4m, Mickael Ciani and Benoit Pedretti. Shameful, shameful deal. :mad:

[/b]

That was me getting Nani when he was still 89. And I did not want to give up 2 fine footballers, but that deal could not be snuffed at. :)

You're looking for winger' date='Andy? Maybe Marcell Jansen will be good choice.[/quote']

Thanks, but no thanks. When I said I was looking for a winger, I meant I was looking for a very, very good winger, or at least one that has the potential to be very, very good. I don't class Jansen as either, and he's no upgrade on my current option, Pablo.

[/b]

That was me getting Nani when he was still 89. And I did not want to give up 2 fine footballers' date=' but that deal could not be snuffed at. :)[/quote']

Even if he was rated 89 at the time, surely the previous manager (whoever it was) could see that Nani is infinitely more talented than the two players offered. :(

Considering my form in the second half of the season I didn't even deserve a place in the play-offs. Also, with it being so close to the last league game I had to field a fairly weak team.

Not an excuse, just a fact. :) As stated, I didn't deserve it anyway so well done Sean and good luck in the final. B)

Good luck to everyone still involved in the play-offs.

Thanks' date=' but no thanks. When I said I was looking for a winger, I meant I was looking for a very, very good winger, or at least one that has the potential to be very, very good. I don't class Jansen as either, and he's no upgrade on my current option, Pablo.

Even if he was rated 89 at the time, surely the previous manager (whoever it was) could see that Nani is infinitely more talented than the two players offered. :([/quote']

I literally cried myself to sleep that night. I think most managers on here could of offered better (dermo himself, of course). Dermo had a bargin there! :D ive had my fair share so not to worried.

Swanseajack shouls be ashamed, arrested and sent to do 6000 hours community service on the streets of Tripoli.

Ok, long list of changes:

Matty Phillips +4 to 82

Victor Palsson +1 to 76

Martin Kelly +5 to 85 (but still a def)

Danny Welbeck +1 to 87

Ritchie de Laet +2 to 82

Joey Barton +1 to 87

Glen Johnson changed to RB/LB

Fabio Aurelio -1 to 87

Pretty pleased with them, surprised with Aurelio dropping and disappointed that Kelly didn't become a true RB. Until SM fix the bug with Def's being unable to play on the flanks of a 5-3-2, then Kelly is pretty much useless to me. Having more competition in midfield is always nice and to have world class cover for Ashley Cole in case of injury is good.

As regards players on my shortlist, Kuyt dropped, Carroll got his +1 and Coleman is now out of my price range after rising by 2.

Guest drseanfitz

Considering my form in the second half of the season I didn't even deserve a place in the play-offs. Also' date=' with it being so close to the last league game I had to field a fairly weak team.

Not an excuse, just a fact. :) As stated, I didn't deserve it anyway so well done Sean and good luck in the final. B)

Good luck to everyone still involved in the play-offs.[/quote']

Cheers Dai.

might make use of squad rotation for the finals

dissapointed, but not surprised at Kuyt dropping to 91. been a mass cull of prmier league ratings

Ok' date=' long list of changes:

Matty Phillips +4 to 82

Victor Palsson +1 to 76

Martin Kelly +5 to 85 (but still a def)

Danny Welbeck +1 to 87

Ritchie de Laet +2 to 82

Joey Barton +1 to 87

Glen Johnson changed to RB/LB

Fabio Aurelio -1 to 87

Pretty pleased with them, [b']surprised with Aurelio dropping[/b] and disappointed that Kelly didn't become a true RB. Until SM fix the bug with Def's being unable to play on the flanks of a 5-3-2, then Kelly is pretty much useless to me. Having more competition in midfield is always nice and to have world class cover for Ashley Cole in case of injury is good.

As regards players on my shortlist, Kuyt dropped, Carroll got his +1 and Coleman is now out of my price range after rising by 2.

Didn't do anything to deserve a drop, very strange, had to suffer it in 5579.

As for mine Nolan rose to 88, whilst Tiote rose to 87 as i expected but he's only on loan. How Ameobi didn't rise i don't know, he was third choice striker in the Championship last season and was rated 85. This season he's the second choice striker in the Premiership scoring the odd goal and playing the best he's done in a long time and he stays. I don't mind too much though as i've got a plan which should get a higher rated player in at Cheltenham.