• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Mrs Moses Age : Unknown Nationailty : PoshScottish Position : Missionary (7 years of marriage will do that to you) Preferred foot : Both - norma

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Id argue that it was quite even' date=' looking at the stats. Possession always seems to win games on SM which was ultimately the deciding factor. Also, the possession bar can only show an average across the entire match, the swing in possession towards yourself probably came after you changed to 4-5-1, and although you had more shots and more SOT, both teams were eqally as accurate, it just came down to Friedel being better than Ruffier.

Good luck in the final, just noticed you have a pre-season friendly against Bradford who are also in a play-off final, if you can beat them, then whats to say you cant finish near the top of Division Two?[/quote']

With due respect a 4 - 0 win can never be described as close. As I had the best keeper and best striker, possesion for my team would almost always get victory. If I hold the ball 50% longer overall, I am always going to be more likely to score and less likely to conceed. I agree with the comment about the last 30 minutes but that was the plan, get ahead, get possession , win match. Next match will be far tighter if I can ever get out this division it would be good, as I actually have a slightly better squad than Bradford who could get promoted from div 2.

Youth out tonight to face West Ham in a friendly, along with a couple of new faces. The side to go to Upton Park:

Halstead (75)

Alfei (75) - Brown (78) - Williams (85) - Mee (78)

Nzonzi (86)

Smith (82) - Hogg (80) - Bennett (80)

Vokes (80) - Sears (82)

Also on the transfer front i'm letting go of Matt Derbyshire, done very little at Brummy this season and although i recieved the external offer some time ago i'm selling now as he was decent infront of goal and wanted to wait untill the end of the season to sell him.

The offer for Matt DERBYSHIRE of Cheltenham Town from Olympiacos has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

He leaves for £7m and i'm now looking to bring in a British based forward rated 87+ for a fee of around that price. I've contacted one or two about certain players, but is anyone looking to sell someone for around that price. If so just contact me, as i'll look to bring one in before the end of the season.

Hartlepool are close to signing a few players;

The offer for Willian JOSE of São Paulo from Hartlepool United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Bagged 3 goals in 8 games for Brazil in the Sudamericano u20 and has just moved to Sao Paulo

The offer for Afriyie ACQUAH of Palermo from Hartlepool United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

He's picking up minutes at Palermo.

Sorry Dudeskin can't agree that my 4 - 0 victory was very even. We had 50% more possesion' date=' more shots and more shots on target. You didn't have any attacking alternative formation, which is why we could sink back and defend after 60 minutes when we were already 4 - 0 up. After that point we just defended and you didn't really attack , which made it kind of easy.

As for Zak, I can assure you that we will be almost 100% in terms of fitness which should make it an even game as you have the slightly better squad, especially your goalie . I reckon you will win, but it depends on how much fitness counts.[/quote']

You played defensive for the whole game and switched to very defensive late on, whilst I played attacking throughout. I will also admit I'm not a fan of tactics and kinda of expected losing when facing someone who clearly thinks about that side of the game. Good luck in the final. ;)

Sorry Dudeskin can't agree that my 4 - 0 victory was very even. We had 50% more possesion' date=' more shots and more shots on target. You didn't have any attacking alternative formation, which is why we could sink back and defend after 60 minutes when we were already 4 - 0 up. After that point we just defended and you didn't really attack , which made it kind of easy.

As for Zak, I can assure you that we will be almost 100% in terms of fitness which should make it an even game as you have the slightly better squad, especially your goalie . I reckon you will win, but it depends on how much fitness counts.[/quote']

Thanks for letting me know lol I can put out a near enough fully fit second string starting line up average of 89 .. So you never know! But good luck to your sir, your a top manager!

Josip Simunic, just dropped to 89, and won't any further. Available for a cheap cash see of 9 million. Not that I need any money, but I won't need him when Otamendi comes back, and Bocchetti in place as well.

Also, willing to offer 2 for 1 deals with a few of my players, if anyone wants to sell any decent players.

Josip Simunic' date=' just dropped to 89, and won't any further. Available for a cheap cash see of 9 million. Not that I need any money, but I won't need him when Otamendi comes back, and Bocchetti in place as well.

Also, willing to offer 2 for 1 deals with a few of my players, if anyone wants to sell any decent players.[/quote']

Defoe defoe defoe :D

Nah seriously though guys, hes still for sale, which is so, surprising.

Preston perhaps unlucky to only draw with Man City, with the final score being 1-1. Shinji Kagawa gave City the lead against the run of play, before Rob Huth equalised two minutes later. Martin Kelly got an assist.

Welcome Racky.

Still Newcastle available.

Charlton Athletic win 1-0 over Leeds United in a friendly game. Latest signing Nicklas Bendtner grabbed the winning goal.

Stoke City have appointed Daniel Ratcliffe (racky) as the clubs new manager.

Chris Haxo has decided to resign from Stoke City after 236 games in charge.

We lost a great comrade, but gained new one. Welcome Racky. :)

Guest drseanfitz

just seen Phils latest post - Crewe top award winners:)

and looking back at this, I could lose my crown as I don't think me/crewe will be up for ANY award this season