• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Posted Images

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

given the amount of time close season takes these days, you'd think they'd space the playoffs out a bit more, the fitnesses of the players who played friday is now in the mid 70's, looks like the squad will come into play. Gonna start with Lars and Sven pairing up in the centre of the park. Datola will get a debut as well.

Looking for a new keeper 90+ can offer sirigu(Italian international - huge future) and a quality youth like Griezmann in the deal.

given the amount of time close season takes these days' date=' you'd think they'd space the playoffs out a bit more, the fitnesses of the players who played friday is now in the mid 70's, looks like the squad will come into play. Gonna start with Lars and Sven pairing up in the centre of the park. Datola will get a debut as well.

Looking for a new keeper 90+ can offer sirigu(Italian international - huge future) and a quality youth like Griezmann in the deal.

Totally agree! i see no point in what so ever!

More transfer news at Cheltenham in the close season:

The offer for DJ CAMPBELL of Lokomotiv Moskva from Cheltenham Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Following the signings of Steven Nzonzi, John Mensah and Ashley Williams towards the end of my first season in charge, DJ Campbell now joins the club following the end of the season. Matt Derbyshire was sold yesterday for £7 million, but DJ Campbell is not Derbyshire's replacement. He joins in a favourable exchange deal, in a straight swap with Shola Ameobi. I was certain Ameobi was going to rise, but he didn't so i had to change a CF for a Fwd as i knew i needed more quality upfront.

Still in search for a British based Fwd/CF rated 87+ for a cash sum in the region of £7.5 million.

Hartlepool won 2-1 last night against Gillingham with Bastians getting a double.:)

On the down side' date=' we missed out on Callum Booth to Brentford which I'm disappointed about as he is looking a very promising player.[/font']

Meant to bid for him earlier, cost me almost double what I could have paid if I had acted quickly :o

Grimsby beat Derby County 5-0. Not reading too much into that result as it's just a friendly made a few changes to the side as well

Aron GUNNARSSON with two. Hörður Björgvin MAGNÚSSON with two and Billy SHARP with one.

Grimsby also held their end of season awards ceremony after the game i will have something up on that at some point today.

nice to see Crewe's Dirk kuyt making a mockery of SM's decision to drop his rating:p

Aurelio was playing very well aswell, far from an 87, but then he got injured - the reason he's not far higher rated.

And Andy, i know you were moaning the other day about my decision to sell Nani, at the time a 90 - for two 89's and £4 million. Well generally it was because of his inconistancy at the time, sometimes amazing sometimes awful. Well not only does he give away a goal, but he also goes off crying for a pretty normal tackle.

Guest 1CapWonder

Aurelio was playing very well aswell' date=' far from an 87, but then he got injured - the reason he's not far higher rated.

And Andy, i know you were moaning the other day about my decision to sell Nani, at the time a 90 - for two 89's and £4 million. Well generally it was because of his inconistancy at the time, sometimes amazing sometimes awful. Well not only does he give away a goal, but he also goes off crying for a pretty normal tackle.[/quote']

I'm not a fan of Nani's attitude. Hated him when he was playing against Villa this year his antics drove me insane. But in all fairness, he's a quality player and that tackle of Carragher's was a bad one, a very bad one.

I'm not a fan of Nani's attitude. Hated him when he was playing against Villa this year his antics drove me insane. But in all fairness' date=' he's a quality player and that tackle of Carragher's was a bad one, a very bad one.[/quote']

Nani always has a scowl on his face, if I were playing for a top club in world football, being paid vast sums of money for doing something I love then I would maybe be a bit happier.

He is a good player but he is very VERY aware of it and I don't like that in a player. Ronaldo was the same and I disliked him greatly for it.

Guest drseanfitz

EC 106

End of Season Awards

End Of Season Awards Nominations Are Now Open

Voting Site

http://endofseasonawards.moonfruit.com/

Division 1

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the Season

Youth player of the season (Players Aged 15-21 only)

Homegrown Player Of The Season (English,Scottish,Welsh or Northern Irish

Team of the season

Division 2

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Division 3

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Division 4

Manager of the season

Goalkeeper of the season

Defender of the season

Midfielder of the season

Forward of the season

Team of the season

Other Awards

Overall Manager of the year

Overall Player of the year

Overall Team of the year

Most Improved Team This Season

Underachiever of the Year

EC106 Personality of the year

Award for Services to EC106

Rules

One nomination per category

no voting for your own players/Team these votes will not be counted

Vote for as many or as few of the Awards as you like

Votes can be for any player that has played in any of the 4 divisions this season

to cast your votes use this voting site of if for any reason you can not access this site PM The Fulham Manager in game or via pm on the forum or post your nominations on the EC106 - Discussion Thread

Voting closes on the final whistle of the playoff finals (date TBC)

Award results will be posted on the newspaper section in the EC106 game world and on the forum in the 106 discussion thread and on the 106 transfer & gossip thread

just a bump for you lot - from pipgibs original post

Guest 1CapWonder

It's worth doing, even if your new to the game. Just have a look through player tables, and you'll actually learn a lot about 106 and what it's about.

I wanna sign David Dunn after doing this year's votes :o

Guest 1CapWonder

Does anyone know when will the Chelsea chairman accept bids for Pavel Pogrebnyak? The first club offered on 4 March and it's been three days already. :confused:

I struck a cheeky deal with the Chelsea manager in the hope of signing Pogrebnyak from under the nose of everyone, but that was in the hope that he could still offer out the player which he couldn't.

Helton and Pogrebnyak for Van Nistelrooy would have suited me just nicely aswell :o

I struck a cheeky deal with the Chelsea manager in the hope of signing Pogrebnyak from under the nose of everyone' date=' but that was in the hope that he could still offer out the player which he couldn't.

Helton and Pogrebnyak for Van Nistelrooy would have suited me just nicely aswell :o[/quote']

So that means Chelsea manager will still have the right to sell him or not regardless of the transfer request made by the player?

cheers for the welcome guys..

managed to take over at stoke.. very strange how it all came about really.. i just had an urge last nite to check for vancancys in here prior to goin off to do some late djin work.. had a feeling there was a team free..

really really greatful to have managed to get hold of a team in this set up.. ive been trying daily since i got to know about this set up which was very early into playing the game..

quick question so i dont make a fool of my self.. do deals work in this set up like a gc game world?..

will be having a good scout through the set up 1ce ive selected teams for tonights games..

feels great to be involved though..

So that means Chelsea manager will still have the right to sell him or not regardless of the transfer request made by the player?

No it means the Chelsea manager has no say whatsoever in what deal is accepted. The chairman will accept the highest value bid (can you use P/E?) for the player.

Oh, and Callum might have some more interest in Defoe after today's game...

managed to take over at stoke.. very strange how it all came about really.. i just had an urge last nite to check for vancancys in here prior to goin off to do some late djin work.. had a feeling there was a team free..

really really greatful to have managed to get hold of a team in this set up.. ive been trying daily since i got to know about this set up which was very early into playing the game..

quick question so i dont make a fool of my self.. do deals work in this set up like a gc game world?..

will be having a good scout through the set up 1ce ive selected teams for tonights games..

I would say quite similar to GC but fairly different transfer market all round. There are many 90+ rated players moving clubs in the last few weeks. You may or may not get the players you want but your chance is better than in GC. Some managers are willing to sell quality player, so you might get your chance.

Guest drseanfitz

welcome - and don't rush into selling your best players until you've got a feel for the transfer market, it is a funny market here in 106

EDIT - I'm interested in your 2 right backs.

No it means the Chelsea manager has no say whatsoever in what deal is accepted. The chairman will accept the highest value bid (can you use P/E?) for the player.

Oh' date=' and Callum might have some more interest in Defoe after today's game...[/quote']

I don't actually know how spurs got on, been working all day. Will have a look though! Strangely enough I was going to say Defoe scored in a friendly last night against Walsall...

Oh' date=' and Callum might have some more interest in Defoe after today's game...[/quote']

I would make a bid for Defoe, but unless Callum would want cash, then I can't see us coming to an agreement. I don't need another forward so I'm not prepared to sacrifice too much (£18m or part-ex players)

I don't actually know how spurs got on' date=' been working all day. Will have a look though! Strangely enough I was going to say Defoe scored in a friendly last night against Walsall...[/quote']

Getting on. Scored twice so far in the 2-2 draw with Wolves, still a half to go.

welcome - and don't rush into selling your best players until you've got a feel for the transfer market' date=' it is a funny market here in 106

EDIT - I'm interested in your 2 right backs.[/quote']

cheers mate to be perfectly honest i actually dont mind the look of the side 1 bit..

very tidy to be fair plenty of players the right side of 30.. 1 or 2 faces i do try to deal 4 myself so yea i think ive managed to get hold of a very solid little base to be fair.. whoever had them prior hasnt done a bad job even if they been relegated..

i had a look at the league overall and its a very tough ec from the looks of it very even so chances are anybody has a chance of going up and down at some stage..

I see. Doesn't change much' date=' apart from people's interest. Still looking for a 90+ (or 88+ and very talented) CB![/quote']

Those are his first league goals of the season and both are apparently outstanding finishes.

@racky, cash is worth a lot in 106 as getting risers is so difficult with the amount and standard of competition for players so it's not exactly GC like. West Brom would be very interested in a few players of yours if you want to take a look at my squad but a lot are TBed up at the moment.