• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread West Bromwich Albion The Story So Far Back on the 26th November a new manager was appointed at West Bromwich Albion, after a spell of 3 different

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Strange concept for you Jooles' date=' you can reject - or negotiate - or if you think you can persuade my chairman to up his valuation of Spains 3rd/4th choice keeper;)[/size']

Excellent advice. Now rejected.

What about my bid for Downing?

And rejected.

Why exactly are you disclosing these offers to the thread Jooles?

I think there both decent enough offers' date=' not exactly C/V cash and i wouldn't call any of them walnuts, and to be honest i wouldn't call Victor Valdez gold either.[/quote']

Why shouldn't I? I was just showing Dom of the kind of offers people put in here.

And I disagree. Valdes is one of the top 10 rated keepers. If you just see the players as numbers that might go or down, which I do, and then think that a key part of the game is all about raising that team average, which I also do, then why would I ever swap a player who's number is extremely hard to better (and which might go up), for players that won't raise the average of my team at all? :confused:

No' date=' I probably wouldn't. But I also wouldn't moan about it on here. ;)[/quote']

Where do I go to moan about it? :confused:

Any interest in Steven Davis (88/CM) whatsoever? Surpised with the lack of interest for him' date=' anybody interest in him, preferably p/e but may consider a cash sale.[/quote']

I saw you had players listed on the transfer market but had P/E next to them, even the ones that would never go for P/E, rated 85 or whatever so didn't bother offering.

I am interested but not wanting to P/E.

Why shouldn't I? I was just showing Dom of the kind of offers people put in here.

In all fairness. This setup has by far the most active transfer market in any setup on the whole game. The offers can't be that bad for the majority to keep completing as many deals as they do.

I, myself find it hard doing deals but that down to me personally. Maybe thats your problem also?

I don't think welcoming a new member with an instant negative remark is the best thing to do but each to their own.

As I stated. I don't think the market is bad at all so welcome, Dom. You will probably develope your own opinion on it soon enough. :)

I saw you had players listed on the transfer market but had P/E next to them' date=' even the ones that would never go for P/E, rated 85 or whatever so didn't bother offering.

I am interested but not wanting to P/E.[/quote']

Well i'm not set on selling them all for P/E. Would maybe like to do some two for one's, and i have sold Derbyshire for cash.

Only player that i wouldn't consider selling at the moment is key skipper Kevin Nolan.

For the friendly at Stoke I'm gonna hand debuts to two of my new signings- Mitch Langerak (80) and David Williams (81). Plan to try out another formation and give Ibrahimovic and Villa another game together.

Also will have a scary midfield with Xavi' date=' Gerrard and Silva in a three man central midfield.

Waiting for the Notts manager to get in his bid for Adler so I can accept a bid for Evra[/quote']

break me in easily please matey :P ..

im still undecided how i will play this game world..

im planning on a break away from the countering with my other sides and i will more than likely play settled in this to start with but something keeps telling me i will no doubt have to try counter around here..

could be completely wrong though.. will see what the first few games are saying..

about to do my shortlist check now anyways so lads whose placed bids in i should be able to get back to you later as i should pritty much know some sort of direction ill be heading with my boys by then..

In all fairness. This setup has by far the most active transfer market in any setup on the whole game. The offers can't be that bad for the majority to keep completing as many deals as they do.

I' date=' myself find it hard doing deals but that down to me personally. Maybe thats your problem also?

I don't think welcoming a new member with an instant negative remark is the best thing to do but each to their own.

As I stated. I don't think the market is bad at all so welcome, Dom. You will probably develope your own opinion on it soon enough. :)[/quote']

No, agreed. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to transfer deals. :o

And Dom may be new here, but he's old to me. And his opinion was developed a long time ago, no worries there. :)

I' date=' myself find it hard doing deals but that down to me personally. Maybe thats your problem also?[/b']

As I stated. I don't think the market is bad at all so welcome, Dom. You will probably develope your own opinion on it soon enough. :)

If you was to accept an offer of C/V for Ben Arfa you'll have a done deal straight away;).

If you was to accept an offer of C/V for Ben Arfa you'll have a done deal straight away;).

My selling has stopped for the moment. I have a small squad and too much cash so will be looking to buy before offloading any more.

Plus, Ben Arfa's too good and means too much to me to go for buttons. :)

Well done Zak on beating my Wycombe' date=' 1- 0 but not really close at all. Just shows the strength in this EC, I take down a Div2 team easy but playoffs is the best I can manage for now. Next season maybe better if Brad holds his 90.[/quote']
Watch it all the time and i never noticed it was her. :o
Jessica? well' date=' i never !

Well done sir - it gets an Ed rating of 8/10[/quote']

She's an absolute beaut! In my top 3!

Where do I go to moan about it? :confused:

What do you mean? That you weren't actually moaning about it when you originally posted or where else would you moan about it if you didn't post about it here? If the former, I'd disagree - it was a negative comment. If the latter, I wouldn't post about it anywhere. Just my personal opinion, but anyone who chooses the forum as a place to call out poor bids, then they are just a bit shallow in their actions. Almost every offer is down to matter of opinion. I have been known to over-pay for players that I greatly admire, or under-sell for the same reasons, but that doesn't make the bid poor for either party. It's a matter of opinion. If I were to receive such a poor offer, I'd much rather simply reject the bid and/or send the other manager in question a polite PM telling him why I found his bid so terrible.

Mine

1.Helen Flanaghan

2.Jess Clement

3.Shana Hiatt

mmmmmmmmmmm

Can't fault Helen Flanagan' date=' gorgeous girl! Couldn't hack her scent though, goes through me!

Can't say I've heard of the third though!

[b']Come off it Ed; is Helen really your cousin?[/b]