English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Disappointing start to another season, last season a 2-0 defeat to Oxford, this season a 1-0 defeat at home to Derby. Came up against a good team but we didn't do too bad, probably deserved a point. Managed 11 more shots than Derby, but failed to hit the back of the net.

Oxford United up next, Luiz Gustavo won't be available after picking up a ankle injury so David Albelda is likely to play while Mateo Musacchio is also likely to debut.

C'mon Cobblers!

The Baggies get off to a flier at White Hart Lane! A Gargano brace and goals from Trochowski and Defoe give West Brom a 4-1 win with Robben netting for Spurs.

Well played mate, feel with the shots I had I should have got some more goals from the game.

Preston get off to an emphatic start as they thrash Man City 4-1 at Deepdale. Luka Modric x2 (one pen) gained MoM on his debut' date=' with Romelu Lukaku and substitute Sami Hyypia chipping in with one each. Kevin Grosskreutz scored an early goal to give City a 1-0 half time lead.

Great fighting spirit from the team, but would much rather be 4-0 up and concede one than concede one and come back to score four.

Tables have yet to update but it seems 4-1 is a very common result. From the looks of it Darlington will be top courtesy of the letter 'D'[/quote']

...Or I'm top :D

Sheff Weds start the campaign with an away defeat too Southampton 2-0 the final score - Charlton up next

Finally I seem to be able to defeat you in 90 minutes; Josip Ilicic score his debut goal in his league debut after 2 seasons, and Lionel Messi added a second soon after. We had Denilson sent off after 38 minutes too, 1 minute after Messi's goal, so 2-0 was probably a great result.

WBA up next.

Brentford 3-1 Luton Town

Happy with this start! Theo Janssen with a brace and Cacau with our goals, Naismith on his competitive debut for Luton. Climb into fifth place with Blackpool top after humiliating Swindon 7-2! Nice win!

Cheltenham Town next who also won 3-1. Lost both matches 2-0 last season I think, need to sort that out.

Poor start for Ull with a 2-0 defeat at Rob's Norwich ( well done mate :))..next up an equally tough prospect as we welcome Dans Stoke to the Mclurgh Arena :)

Was in Hull for the official opening, I think I saw you in M&S, have you got a large Hull FC crest tattooed to the back of your head?

Lost 1-0 to The Arsenal

Great start to the season for Cheltenham, starting this season off like we ended the last one. 3-1 win away to a strong Carlisle United with Chris Brunt scoring early on and Kenny Miller getting a brace on his debut. :)

Next up is a very tough game though, at home to probably the strongest team in the division in Brentford. B)

Guest drseanfitz

;1424559']Your Chairman is going to look a very silly man come Sunday' date=' when you're propping up the table, Sean. ;):P

My Chairman expects me to avoid relegation. I, personally, will be aiming for mid table. :)

[/quote']

;1433939']Lost 2-1 to Crewe away from home' date=' after going 1-0 up.

Stats were pretty identical too. Oh well, it can only get better, I suppose. :o[/quote']

Oh dear, just who's the one looking silly on Sunday morning. Never underestimate the power of Goodwillie.

That start will do me, especially as I took a big risk and didn't even play my highest rated started XI - and opted to stick with 84 rated Goodwillie as my back-up for Pazzini, despite having loads of dosh to buy a higher rated CF

Sean's Crewe up next.

De Jong will be ready and waiting:D

Well done James, got thrashed by PNE 4-1 for the first time in a while. Didn't help with Cabaye and Rami out with suspensions but hopefully they will instantly make a difference next fixture. The only worry with an almost brand new squad is that it will take a fair amount of time for the players to mould:rolleyes:

Oh dear' date=' [b']just who's the one looking silly on Sunday[/b] morning. Never underestimate the power of Goodwillie.

That start will do me, especially as I took a big risk and didn't even play my highest rated started XI - and opted to stick with 84 rated Goodwillie as my back-up for Pazzini, despite having loads of dosh to buy a higher rated CF

I guess that would be me. :o:p

Well done. :);)

Guest drseanfitz

;1434119']I guess that would be me. :o:p

Well done. :);)

cheers, was a close game though, suspect the home advantage was the decider

cheers' date=' was a close game though, suspect the home advantage was the decider[/quote']

Yeah. I was going to try out a new tactic, but decided against risking it, seeing as I beat your side 2-0 only last week, in pre-season. So I used the same tactics again, but unfortunately narrowly lost. Not too disheartened by the result though. :)

Fulham make a great start to the season with a 4-1 win over Wigan first half goal from Jucilei before a second half brace from Marcus Berg who look set to do better than last seasons 6 goals Mauricio Romero completed the scoring for Fulham in the 67th minute Juan Román Riquelme netted a 79th minute consolation goal for the visitors.

Fulham currently sit in 4th place with my former club Middlesbrough up next

Thinking of doing a team of the week feature for each division. However I will only have time to do it on a Sunday, not a Thursday. But, if I do a team of the week for turn 1, then one for turns 2 and 3, it will be all out of sync.

What are everyone's opinions? Will be writing up my match report shortly which should give people time to come to a decision.

Thinking of doing a team of the week feature for each division. However I will only have time to do it on a Sunday' date=' not a Thursday. But, if I do a team of the week for turn 1, then one for turns 2 and 3, it will be all out of sync.

What are everyone's opinions? Will be writing up my match report shortly which should give people time to come to a decision.[/quote']

Sounds good :) I'd happily volunteer to do some midweek ones if you fancy that? Same output, less work each and a more varied result :D