English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Dig in my son its early days yet :)

I will try my best! :) I promise you that, but my next few league games don't get any easier (mind you, there rarely is an 'easy' game in 106):

Chelsea (A)

Charlton (H)

Southampton (A)

WBA (H)

...and then the 2 Sheffield clubs.

Here's to hoping! :o:p

Chesterfield 0 - 1 Stoke City

Half Time

(0 - 1)

S.LICHTSTEINER 18

good win against chesterfield sees me now start to pick up a few points with stoke.. long may it continue!..

reading up next in cup.. some sort of make shift side will be out to face them..

2-1 win away at Luton, both goals coming from Marcus Pedersen who is now only three away from his 50th goal at Northampton. Pick up our first points after five games! Better late than never, though. Miralem Sulejmani and Barry Ferguson to return from injury for Wednesday's game against Yeovil, but will be without Coleman and Mane, so Contento likely to make his first league appearance of the season while Elliot Grandin will step in for Coleman.

Matej Delac is still available for the best cash offer, best ive received so far is £8m.

Shorpe 4-4 Fulham

Top of the table results in a ridiculous game which I was sure I'd won on 3 occasions. Santon being sent off early for shorpe might have encouraged the attacking play with

Quagliarella

Cassano

Lisando

Motta

all scoring. Good game Phil, can't say Im happy with a draw though, as Matty says 1 point isn't really enough.

Swindon Town 2-2 Brentford

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Brentford throw away a 2-0 lead against Swindon to draw. Although we remain unbeaten, we should not be throwing away 2-0 leads against sides struggling near the bottom of the league even at this early stage. Saltor Bruno will now face a ban after being sent off, during which time we conceded an 81st minute equaliser. Stats suggest we didn't play well either so should maybe be happy with 2-2 but im not....

I believe we drop to 4th place with 11 points after five matches. Think this might a very close league this season.

Shorpe 4-4 Fulham

Top of the table results in a ridiculous game which I was sure I'd won on 3 occasions. Santon being sent off early for shorpe might have encouraged the attacking play with

Quagliarella

Cassano

Lisando

Motta

all scoring. Good game Phil' date=' can't say Im happy with a draw though, as Matty says 1 point isn't really enough.[/quote']

I agree Jonathan really wanted to win this one although after your 3rd goal i had all but given up but for super sub Marcus Berg great game though and will settle for staying unbeaten so far this season

Thanks for the welcome guys! :) Chuffed to get into a set-up which I've been keeping an eye on for a while! Chelsea have got a very good side despite having 0 points so far' date=' but we've got a very tough task against Andy's Arsenal tonight :o[/quote']

New Leicester City manager here.. thanks goes to Gozzy for the heads up

:)

Welcome both good luck. :)

But on tonight's result, I'll admit this isn't my most favourite setup as it's hard to get into due to the market etc and as such I usually don't bother with tactics but as this was against a team above me who I HAD to beat in order to get into the magic top 2 spots I did some research and am happy as it paid off with a 2-1 home win. :)

Gilberto Silva with both goals in the second half after Jarolim put Wycombe ahead in the first. I'm now up to 2nd place after 5 played and going along quite well unbeaten so far, very tough game against Bolton next who have an amazing side for this divison and also an awful lot of germans lol :P

Oh no' date=' not you! I put money on you beating me now tonight! :P

Welcome to the set-up dude. :)[/quote']

Sorry mate :o Beginners luck eh?

Managed to beat Arsenal 1-0 in my first game of charge :) Florent Malouda got the only goal of a very tight game.

Manchester United crush Crystal Palace 4-1. A double to Ibrahimovic (leads div 1 goal scoring charts with 7 goals) and single goals to Gerrard and Higuain mean that we sit equal top with Darlington.

On the sour note Xavi picks up an injury... Ferdinand who returns from suspension will replace him in a little reshuffle.

We are also the most attacking team in the comp scoring 16 goals in the first 5 games and conceding 10 (equal 5th worst)

I can't seem to win Dermo nowadays, and he can't seem to win me too:( We deserved to win, but our 10 men had to settle for a 0-0 draw at the Galphram Stadium to extend our drawing streak with Huddersfield Town to 4 games. Crewe up next in the cup. Remained 4th.