English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

An 8 goal thriller at the Galpharm Stadium see's Huddersfield Town progressing to the next round of the cup with a 5-3 win over Port Vale. :) Doumbia scores two, and get's MOTM, Elias, Plasil and Cisse score for the home team. King, Cossu and Johnson score for the away team, and score in all their shots on target. Will need to add one or two players to strengthen the cup team.

Away to Coventry in the next round.

Cardiff stun division 1's Everton by beating them 3-2 at The Cardiff City Stadium :)

City were 2-0 up within 5 minutes when both Riviere and new loanee signing Sturridge gave them a shock lead. The game took a dramatic turn when Everton made it 2-2 with Egurgen and De Letallec got two goals for the Toffees but it wasn't to be as another loan signing grabbed the winner, this time it was Ramsey who made Everton pay. Next up is a tricky away trip to Division 1 new boys Tranmere, best of luck Callum :)

Well played Jon though how you got that result off those match stats is beyond me :P

West Brom have a balance and good players to trade away if people are interested? Really after a better keeper but I should be able to be coaxed into a deal for just about anyone :)

Its a case of brain over Brawn ( nasty stuff that :() as the kids from Ull surpass Ipswich's finest with a 2-0 cup win at Portman road.The youngsters endeavours are rewarded by the draw with a glamour tie with Gillingham in round two :o...next up Snots county

Well played Jon though how you got that result off those match stats is beyond me :P

West Brom have a balance and good players to trade away if people are interested? Really after a better keeper but I should be able to be coaxed into a deal for just about anyone :)

OMG!

2-5 away win against West Brom and I put out a lineup with average 83 and i had a man sent of in the first half!

Sadaev (78) with two and Martens (87) on loan getting MOM.

Very nice, did expect a decent chance against your setup although you did change it slightly to a 4-2-3-1 with similar instructions.

Thanks for the game Stuart

Nice rest for Brentford having got a bye in the cup B)

A realistic chance of progression in the next round as we face Swindon Town at home, not often I get drawn a side in my division :eek:

Also, drew 1-1 against Cardiff in a friendly that I had forgotten about :o

Even fielded a strong starting eleven with Gomes, Falcao, Bendtner, Francisco Fernando, Douglas, Dzsudzsak and Isla, we lose 2-0 to a Division 3 side Brighton & Hove Albion in English Cup Round 1. Had same possession and shots on target but NONE of mine got in. I'm getting really frustrated with the match engine. :mad:

Even fielded a strong starting eleven with Gomes' date=' Falcao, Bendtner, Francisco Fernando, Douglas, Dzsudzsak and Isla, we lose 2-0 to a Division 3 side Brighton & Hove Albion in English Cup Round 1. Had same possession and shots on target but NONE of mine got in. I'm getting really frustrated with the match engine. :mad:[/quote']

Didn't the same thing happen last season in the cups? All the semi finalists were from the lower leagues??:confused:

Didn't the same thing happen last season in the cups? All the semi finalists were from the lower leagues??:confused:

It's like the top teams have no chance in the cup/shield at all. Been wanting to get into quarter finals atleast but this result just shattered my dream.

Mostly because there is such depth throughout the divisions nowadays. In most setups the div1 teams put out teams with ratings of 94 and everyone else about 87 perhaps, but in 106 its just everyone has about an 88-91 first lineup even in div4 sometimes which isn't very different if you think about it and the lower division sides still have great depth often.

Mostly because there is such depth throughout the divisions nowadays. In most setups the div1 teams put out teams with ratings of 94 and everyone else about 87 perhaps' date=' but in 106 its just everyone has about an 88-91 first lineup even in div4 sometimes which isn't very different if you think about it and the lower division sides still have great depth often.[/quote']

Yep completely true! I myself can do a 90 and 87 not even a push, loads left over.

what does Wayne think?

DdvR9XwXbWs

I see:p

Haha .. That made me chuckle.

Which I think is the exact same situation as West Brom's to prove Jon's point :P

Fancy selling me Valbuena Zak? :)

Valbuenas injured .. I can't sell him either, it will turn into another Burdisso situation, everyone chucking money and great players at me and I wouldnt be able to decide.