English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

With new additions such as yourself and Mo and the others still in Division three I will be sticking my neck out there and saying it will be a tight season!

No other EC compares in regards to quality of managers to be fair!

Agreed. From what I can see it seems the hardest division of the four. I think we will need a couple signings and aim for top half finish.

With new additions such as yourself and Mo and the others still in Division three I will be sticking my neck out there and saying it will be a tight season!

No other EC compares in regards to quality of managers to be fair!

It will be a great season but I'd just like to point out I get promoted every 2 campaigns....so I'm due next season ;)

For finishing fifth in Division Three;

Norwich City have been awarded £3,858,212 in prize money.

Now that's what I call sweet moooolah. Lost 1-0 to Bristol Rovers tonight, and we face them again in the Play off semi final. Expect to lose it. Very content with my first full season in 106, I've thoroughly enjoyed it I must say.

Never-mind Zak that Smithy has always been a jammy git

Thought I'd let it go down to the final game to add a bit of excitement to the division. :D

Commiserations to Orient but I couldn't let my old team get one over on me.

Time to get the finger out and get back into this game after a few months of neglect. Given that I managed to get the full 24 points with Ukraine and win all of my qualifiers (no other team managed to do that), I'd trade it all for a bit of club success.

Watford have been awarded £3,647,369 in prize money.

Watford have finished Tenth in Division 2.

Not sure if I will hang around for next season as I have struggled a bit to get into the set up and Mostly through the season I have read of past glories and people leaving in the thread.

Brought in a couple of decent players like Lavezzi,Zabaleta and Pineaar and Ideye since I took over so Watford look in a bit better state now whatever happens .

It will be a great season but I'd just like to point out I get promoted every 2 campaigns....so I'm due next season ;)

Well best of luck to you; I'd imagine it'll be a bit more tuff than you think though :L

Agreed. From what I can see it seems the hardest division of the four. I think we will need a couple signings and aim for top half finish.

Can't see any reason why you can't challenge up the top Daz :)

Thought I'd let it go down to the final game to add a bit of excitement to the division. :D

Commiserations to Orient but I couldn't let my old team get one over on me.

Time to get the finger out and get back into this game after a few months of neglect. Given that I managed to get the full 24 points with Ukraine and win all of my qualifiers (no other team managed to do that)' date=' I'd trade it all for a bit of club success.[/quote']

Yeah gutted about that, of all the ways to go down against yourself :L well done, you deserved it in the end :)

Well' date=' Brentford did their part today, winning their game 3-1 as Dazinho predicted, but Carlisle continued to defy SM logic with another 3-2 win. Picking up 42/45 points sees us win the league by two points.[/quote']

Champions! :eek::P See Mo, I can be pleased for you from time to time ;)

And Champions too for Boro! :eek: In what was surely one of the most dramatic finishes ever, both Boro and Dai's Sunderland do what it takes on the last day of the season, both winning 4-0 (with Mr. to-being-staying at Boro Scott Parker also on the scoring sheet B)), to overtake QPR and Shorpe, who both fluff their lines, getting beat 3-0 and 3-1 respectively when it mattered most :P

Well done Carl ' date=' Jooles(:eek:) and Mo and of course all the other lads in the autos..and how about that Oxford Jock..good luck in the play-offs winkle ;)[/color']

So thanks Longnose (:eek:) and tough luck pipgib,

Disappointing season though finished 9th the lowest position i have finished in 7 seasons.

I think we managed to achieve what you did not in some 4-ish cracks of the whip :o

Yep' date=' Boro are crowned Champions with 66 points, the joint 2nd highest points total in their history (the highest being 71 points when they finished 2nd in Div 1 back in season 2 (:eek:) - though they also got 66 points under his stewardship back in 7, but that was only good enough for 6th spot then!) :D

All done without making a single transfer this season B)

Oh, and well done to the Dude, and everyone else who made it up :)

Bristol CITY are in Division TWO !!! :D On goal differeence !

Here's pigbag!

omYKI8RJaIg

EDIT: Just realised that now gives me promotion in each of the big 4: ECs 106, 2933, 5579, and 7046! Delighted! (tinged, admittedly, with a touch of sadness to see my original boys Walsall fail so miserably having been up in contention back in the day...)

Bornemouth finish off the season 10th in division four very happy with how my first season in charge has gone now looking to improve the squad further and improve next season :D

AFC Bournemouth have been awarded £1,752,565 in prize money.

Might not seem a lot of money but it does put me back in the green and now I can improve my squad further.

Also had a bit of interest in James McCartney now its the end of the season I'll welcome bids on him however I am reluctant to let him go as I feel he has a huge future but I will do it if it's a good deal for my team :P

Up 1-0 at half time. HUGE substitution error made me forget i was swapping keepers and so took the keeper on the bench off and replace him with a cb. So after half time Michael Beauchamp (83 CB) played in goals and conceeded 3 goals as we lost 3-1. Huge mistake!

Up 1-0 at half time. HUGE substitution error made me forget i was swapping keepers and so took the keeper on the bench off and replace him with a cb. So after half time Michael Beauchamp (83 CB) played in goals and conceeded 3 goals as we lost 3-1. Huge mistake!

Why did u replace him with a Cb in the first place ?

Coz i had a keeper on my bench and when i signed a new 85 rated cb i relegated beauchamp to the bench and thought i didn't need a keeper on the bench so put beauchamp in his place.... completed forgot the day before id decided to swap keepers at half time

I note we scored all three shots on goal - this error may explain that one :eek:

Think he has meant to swap a keeper for another keeper on his bench but has removed the keeper from his bench and put a central defender in his place.

I note we scored all three shots on goal - this error may explain that one :eek:

Think he has meant to swap a keeper for another keeper on his bench but has removed the keeper from his bench and put a central defender in his place.

Yeah it really did... doesn't matter had nothing to play for anyway. And Beauchamp gets something to tell all his mates about! :D

And yeah you put it way better than I did

Having been 2nd a couple weeks ago and cruising, turns out I aint even worthy of a play off spot. A win against Northampton wouldnt have even been enough.

With a very strong squad for the 4th division I have to take the blame here.

I ruddy hate SM sometimes.

Congrats Jooles, very impressive title win there. I like how you editted the big 4 to include 2933 and exclude 7345 :P impressive achievement nonetheless. I've achieved promotions in 3/4 of those; could've been 4 but I just don't have time anymore to see the projects I started in 5579 and 7345 through, and I've quit both of my teams in those setups.

Anyway, anyone have any idea who the manager of Darlington in? Michael Flounders doesn't ring a bell, but he must surely be a forumer...any clue guys? Need to get Denis signed as my first signing of the new season B)

Congrats Jooles' date=' very impressive title win there. I like how you editted the big 4 to include 2933 and exclude 7345 :P impressive achievement nonetheless. I've achieved promotions in 3/4 of those; could've been 4 but I just don't have time anymore to see the projects I started in 5579 and 7345 through, and I've quit both of my teams in those setups.

Anyway, anyone have any idea who the manager of Darlington in? Michael Flounders doesn't ring a bell, but he must surely be a forumer...any clue guys? Need to get Denis signed as my first signing of the new season B)[/quote']

Realm of Deceit .. Better of PM'ing in game though :)

Hull City 2 - 1 Hartlepool

Absolutely gutted. All we really needed was a point to make the play offs but a final game defeat at Hull saw us slip down to 8th and out of the play off zone.:(

On the whole, I'm pleased with the team's performance in their first ever division 3 campaign and, seeing as our current team on paper is quite a bit stronger than it was at the start of this season, I'm hopeful we can have another strong season next time out.:)

Anybody got some high quality playoff loans available?

needs to be 90ish to make the team!

Worms, Can, Open, Everywhere!

I thought as the bastian of all that is good and proper in the EC world that 106 was above such behaviour as lending quality players for play off games? A win with such players in the ranks is not really a win at all surely?

Or to put in a shorter version - lets have a mass debate! (see what I did there?):D

Worms' date=' Can, Open, Everywhere!

I thought as the bastian of all that is good and proper in the EC world that 106 was above such behaviour as lending quality players for play off games? A win with such players in the ranks is not really a win at all surely?

Or to put in a shorter version - lets have a mass debate! (see what I did there?):D[/quote']

Well done Ed, age old argument in this set up :L

For me, I don't mind loaning out players for play off games, but would never loan them in :L