English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Worms' date=' Can, Open, Everywhere!

I thought as the bastian of all that is good and proper in the EC world that 106 was above such behaviour as lending quality players for play off games? A win with such players in the ranks is not really a win at all surely?

Or to put in a shorter version - lets have a mass debate! (see what I did there?):D[/quote']

Has been a strong topic in the past!! Used to be frowned upon but it's gradually become more accepted I think...

Worms' date=' Can, Open, Everywhere!

I thought as the bastian of all that is good and proper in the EC world that 106 was above such behaviour as lending quality players for play off games? A win with such players in the ranks is not really a win at all surely?

Or to put in a shorter version - lets have a mass debate! (see what I did there?):D[/quote']

hahaha! yes an old topic but iv done it every time previous and iv been in playoffs 3 times already in 106 so decent experience! not sure whats wrong with it and i would really love to be enlightened? Its within the rules of the game and I dont see the problem of initiative being rewarded.

"was above such behaviour " is not really a reason is it ed?

"A win with such players in the ranks is not really a win at all surely?" well iv had loan players all season so do i have to cancel my entire season now?

hahaha! yes an old topic but iv done it every time previous and iv been in playoffs 3 times already in 106 so decent experience! not sure whats wrong with it and i would really love to be enlightened? Its within the rules of the game and I dont see the problem of initiative being rewarded.

"was above such behaviour " is not really a reason is it ed?

"A win with such players in the ranks is not really a win at all surely?" well iv had loan players all season so do i have to cancel my entire season now?

I disagree mate - it is wholly the reason.

And you know full well the thoughts behind mate as you have no doubt been here before - of course the game rules allow it but that doesnt make it, and i say this word in hesitation due to the backlash it will create, morally the right thing to do does it?

I wouldnt go down the road of saying that "because it doesnt happen in RL" cos there are so many elements of SM that fly in the face of that but, for me - and this is all about opinion after all - I think you should stick with the teams that got you into the play offs rather than some steriod pumped up hybrid version.

Why wouldnt you stick with the players that you've had on loan all season?

I mean, I understand your reasoning but there is nothing you can say/type that will convince me that he who can suddenly loan in the better players for such a short period of time when quality is available temporarily is not gaining an advantage immorally. And yes, i understand that all teams in the play offs could do this but that doesnt make it "right" in my eyes. I would have more managerial respect for someone going into the playoffs with their season long consistent squad and losing than for someone winning due to an injection of quality they would normally not have.

Its just not cricket. But each to his own.

I disagree mate - it is wholly the reason.

And you know full well the thoughts behind mate as you have no doubt been here before - of course the game rules allow it but that doesnt make it' date=' and i say this word in hesitation due to the backlash it will create, morally the right thing to do does it?

I wouldnt go down the road of saying that "because it doesnt happen in RL" cos there are so many elements of SM that fly in the face of that but, for me - and this is all about opinion after all - I think you should stick with the teams that got you into the play offs rather than some steriod pumped up hybrid version.

Why wouldnt you stick with the players that you've had on loan all season?

I mean, I understand your reasoning but there is nothing you can say/type that will convince me that he who can suddenly loan in the better players for such a short period of time when quality is available temporarily is not gaining an advantage immorally. And yes, i understand that all teams in the play offs could do this but that doesnt make it "right" in my eyes. I would have more managerial respect for someone going into the playoffs with their season long consistent squad and losing than for someone winning due to an injection of quality they would normally not have.

Its just not cricket. But each to his own.[/quote']

Looks like were going to get nowhere here then!

"I think you should stick with the teams that got you into the play offs rather than some steriod pumped up hybrid version."

what if I just signed a player would it be ok to play him? eremenko made his debut yesterday? not sure why this loyalty has to exist.

"Why wouldnt you stick with the players that you've had on loan all season? "

because my team will play better!

"gaining an advantage immorally. And yes, i understand that all teams in the play offs could do this but that doesnt make it "right" in my eyes."

i think this is the main point. Some managers cant hack it but Im not sure why some think its immoral or anything, its certainly a strange moral code. I think it mostly comes from the fact these things dont happen IRL but gaining an advantage is what games are all about? Why is it immoral is basically my question?

The offer for Miguel MEDINA of Rubio Ñú from Birmingham City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

one of Paraguays top talents.....agreed to sign for Udinese a few months ago and finally became an Udinese player on the 1st of June.(his 18th birthday)

I don't often post here but I though ill make my 1000th post on the best setup . My Barnsley finally win again after going 99 games without a win. Barnsley 1-0 Bradford. We manage to hang on to the last playoff spot in division 2.

Nobody keen on Sagna' date=' Clichy, Khedira, Dszudszak and Nasri? Dying to make some deals to stamp my own mark on Charlton.[/quote']

I might be interested in Nasri as part of any deal for Modric. Had a lot of bids though so it's hard to choose between them.

Maiden Deal At Charlton!

Charlton are set for their first deal under new manager Caleb, with German midfield destroyer Semi Khedira set for Manchester City, with Ghanaian international Kevin-Prince Boateng and French wunderkind Raphael Varane heading to The Valley.

khe.jpg

Departing: Semi Khedira.

n_manchester_united_season_2011_2012-3215212.jpgKevin-Prince-Boateng-006.jpg

Arriving: Varane and Boateng.

Looks like were going to get nowhere here then!

"I think you should stick with the teams that got you into the play offs rather than some steriod pumped up hybrid version."

what if I just signed a player would it be ok to play him? eremenko made his debut yesterday? not sure why this loyalty has to exist.

"Why wouldnt you stick with the players that you've had on loan all season? "

because my team will play better!

"gaining an advantage immorally. And yes' date=' i understand that all teams in the play offs could do this but that doesnt make it "right" in my eyes."

i think this is the main point. Some managers cant hack it but Im not sure why some think its immoral or anything, its certainly a strange moral code. I think it mostly comes from the fact these things dont happen IRL but gaining an advantage is what games are all about? Why is it immoral is basically my question?[/quote']

A new signing is differnet in miy eyes as this can fulfill a long term aim - you have to raise the cash or make some level of scarifice through PX as opposed to a loan which costs nothing other than wages.

Immoral is the best word I can find to describe the sense of it not being "in the spirit of the game", although in truth immoral does create an air of granduer and hyperbole thats a little over the top.

I think theres little further I can add really - those that understand that short term, highly rated loans purely for the play offs isnt in the spirit of the game will understand and thoise that don't understand will be the ones that have no issue with doing as such. From the various discussions held on the subject its clear that its a chalk and cheese issue - there's no middle ground, you either agree that its fine or you dont.

The reason's for are striaght forward and easy to understand:

improve your team, gain an advantage, increase chances of promotion in the knock out stages, not have to spend a fortune on wages.

The reason's against are less clear : not in keeping with the spirit of the game, not a level playing field, allows an unmerited / unearned advantage, has longer term effects on the social network surrounding the game etc

I understand that holes can be picked in all of these points - this is a matter of opinion only.

Maiden Deal At Charlton!

Charlton are set for their first deal under new manager Caleb' date=' with German midfield destroyer Semi Khedira set for Manchester City, with Ghanaian international Kevin-Prince Boateng and French wunderkind Raphael Varane heading to The Valley.

[img']http://footballupdatenet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/khe.jpg[/img]

Departing: Semi Khedira.

n_manchester_united_season_2011_2012-3215212.jpgKevin-Prince-Boateng-006.jpg

Arriving: Varane and Boateng.

why list valera at 7 million mate if you was then going to try counter me for 8?..

:rolleyes:

Coz i had a keeper on my bench and when i signed a new 85 rated cb i relegated beauchamp to the bench and thought i didn't need a keeper on the bench so put beauchamp in his place.... completed forgot the day before id decided to swap keepers at half time

Unlucky Mate,does it do any damage to ur team league position ?

i want YOU to rip me off for a..

CB.. CB/DM.. DM/CB..

85 PLUS.. UNDER 27..

will pay up to 20 million :) ..

Domagoj VIDA, Aged 22, Rated 85, Position Def/DM

Not sure if the Dino Zagreb boy does it for you but can currently play, RB, LB, CB or DM. Particularly usefull if you play any combo of 5 at the back.

tut' date='tut,tut Hang your head in shame young Mister Crawford....[/color']

tut' date='tut,tut Hang your head in shame young Mister Crawford....[/color']

Hi dave

Thanks for your condescending judgment, you for one know im the first to complain when anyone goes back on a deal or club hops or any dodgy behaviour but Im not standing for taking comments from well respected forumers as an immoral and unfair manager here unless people backup there resentment with proper reasons!! (to be fair i think edmoses summed it up pretty well in his last post, either you believe in it or not)

Or are you just trying to wind me up Dave ;) (if so you succeeded!)

Hi dave

Thanks for your condescending judgment' date=' you for one know im the first to complain when anyone goes back on a deal or club hops or any dodgy behaviour but Im not standing for taking comments from well respected forumers as an immoral and unfair manager here unless people backup there resentment with proper reasons!! (to be fair i think edmoses summed it up pretty well in his last post, either you believe in it or not)

Or are you just trying to wind me up Dave ;) (if so you succeeded!)[/quote']

Hi Jon

No problem mate anytime, and you are quite right you deserve to be commended on your upright stance against any the less savory ' dark arts' of SM. That said, I have long taken a dim view of the 'sharp practice' of play-off loans, whilst I admit they are clearly in the rules, in my opinion competitive games ( in whatever form) should at all times be played not only within the Laws of the game but also within the Spirit of the Game. Any action which can be seen of an abuse of this spirit causes injury to the game itself...Of course, as you have pointed out in the past I am increasingly ancient and perhaps that explains my old fashioned point of view...;):)

Hi Jon

No problem mate anytime' date=' and you are quite right you deserve to be commended on your upright stance against any the less savory ' dark arts' of SM. That said, I have long taken a dim view of the 'sharp practice' of play-off loans, whilst I admit they are clearly in the rules, in my opinion competitive games ( in whatever form) should at all times be played not only within the Laws of the game but also within the Spirit of the Game. Any action which can be seen of an abuse of this spirit causes injury to the game itself...Of course, as you have pointed out in the past I am increasingly ancient and perhaps that explains my old fashioned point of view...;):)[/color']

yeah well put. (that demenita kicking in again? ;) ) it probably comes down to what we accept as the spirit of the game. Longterm you would probably hope for a spirit that was of the most benfit to everyone (unless we have a god to tell our morals for us! which would make things a lot easier now, what does the bible say concerning loans for playoffs on sm? im sure it was in Paul 6 somewhere!)

getting a bit sidetracked there into philosophical ethics! but I think if everyone agreed loans in the playoffs were allowed then that wouldnt be a problem as everyone has the same advantage and level playing field and there would be no "injury to the game itself". Club hopping for example however even if we all accepted it would still cause injury.

Also any argument you have against loans in the playoffs apply for loans throughout the season as well and I dont see anybody against them? Just imagine the playoffs as a new very short season!

EDIT: watch us get knocked out in the semis now anyways!

yeah well put. (that demenita kicking in again? ;) ) it probably comes down to what society accepts at the time (homosexuality used to be seen as immoral for example' date=' while womens rights being lesser was moral!). Longterm you would probably hope for a set of morals that encouraged the greatest happiness in the world ie utilitarianism (unless you have a god to tell them for you! which would make things a lot easier now, what does the bible say concerning loans for playoffs on sm? im sure it was in Paul 6 somewhere!) although if you dont have a god why would you have morals at all? (well mostly too have a society that is functional for youself I guess otherwise mass murder would erupt!).

getting a bit sidetracked there! [/quote']

Somewhat sidetracked Jon, but as you have chosen to ask of the almighty's opinion on play-off loans then i am more than happy to help. The good Lord is clearly against them, and to forsake his wisdom is a sin, as is not believing in God in the first place of course. Sadly Jon there is no easy way to put this, but those silly enough to sin end up in the fiery furnace of hell, which incidentally is not a nice place. Not that i plan to spend anytime there of course, far too many godless commies for my liking.

but I think if everyone agreed loans in the playoffs were allowed (ie society accepted them) then that wouldnt be a problem as everyone has the same advantage and level playing field.

Perhaps, but such shifts in opinion can often result in a lowering of moral standards ( also a sin)..for example if club hopping ( within the rules of the game I believe ?) was to become generally accepted would that make it right?

Also any argument you have against loans in the playoffs apply for loans throughout the season as well and I dont see anybody against them? Just imagine the playoffs as a new very short season!

Then again of course, if you lend a player for the season you pay his wages for the season, and not just two games so therefore he comes at a price does he not?..Perhaps all of this is a matter of opinion and has no real right or wrong, but it all seems a bit too continental for my liking :)

yeah well put. (that demenita kicking in again? ;) ) it probably comes down to what society accepts at the time (homosexuality used to be seen as immoral for example' date=' while womens rights being lesser was moral!). Longterm you would probably hope for a set of morals that encouraged the greatest happiness in the world ie utilitarianism (unless you have a god to tell them for you! which would make things a lot easier now, what does the bible say concerning loans for playoffs on sm? im sure it was in Paul 6 somewhere!) although if you dont have a god why would you have morals at all? (well mostly too have a society that is functional for youself I guess otherwise mass murder would erupt!).

getting a bit sidetracked there! but I think if everyone agreed loans in the playoffs were allowed (ie society accepted them) then that wouldnt be a problem as everyone has the same advantage and level playing field.

Also any argument you have against loans in the playoffs apply for loans throughout the season as well and I dont see anybody against them? Just imagine the playoffs as a new very short season![/quote']

Considering the drivel in some of this post I am hesitant to agree with JC, but I do.

I understand the auldsters points regarding the moral implications some people are not pleased about but is the loan system not there to help improve a sides starting eleven? I don't think that should depend on whether it is a two match loan for playoff semi/final or not. At the end of the day, your opponents may have got to the playoffs because of a loan signings 10 goals in the final 8 matches for example so is this not just as bad?

Out of interest, do you also feel that loaning a player to cover a short term injury is also something that should be avoided?