English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

You also forgot Ol' Enery and a young Cassius Clay in 1963 when Henry floored the young whipper snapper for the first time in his career and only the bell saved him. Then Angelo Dundee ripped Clay's glove to give him more time to get his head together' date=' a travesty of injustice against a great man and boxer. Old Henry Cooper was robbed that night. ;)[/b']
Apparently winning is everything nowadays Davie my friend so i presume Jon / Darren would feel that was acceptable too?. Jon might be back on later ? apparently he has just nipped down to Tesco to pick up a book about ethics :P..only joking Jon' date=' I love you really[/color']

Yep much as it pains me too say it I do also quite like Dave really;).

(Shame your stuck in the 1800s.)

Good to see something happening on the thread at least even if it is mostly ranting by me and dave!

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Yep much as it pains me too say it I do also quite like Dave really;).

(Shame your stuck in the 1800s.)

Good to see something happening on the thread at least even if it is mostly ranting by me and dave!

:eek: Which Dave you talking about being stuck in the 1800's Jon? :P.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring here and side with Izod :eek: I know I know ...I think the 100 degree heat has got to me siding with that old tart :P.

Well I'm playing Ipswich Town tomorrow in the semi's

(Anybody know if Messi's doing anything tomorrow? ) :P

:eek: Which Dave you talking about being stuck in the 1800's Jon? :P.

Oh hi dave, long time no speak, hows it going? sorry been ignoring the rest of the thread! nah I was talking about the southern one!

I didn't say I win at all costs though did I ;)

My only point was that it seems strange that it is deemed acceptable to loan a player provided it isn't in a cup competition or a playoff. The two seem linked in that the other side have no part to play in this competition so they decide to make the most of it by saving some money on their wage bill whilst the loanee is happy to get a better chance of silverware and/or promotion in that short space of time. But in loaning a player for the season you are benefiting from a player presumably better than what you have for an entire season instead of influencing a couple of games whilst still trying to achieve the very same success (dependant on your clubs ambitions/limitations of course) that the people in the playoffs/cup competitions are trying to achieve?

I find this all quite interesting....makes me think I need some hobbies other than discussing a computer games loans with some old 'geezer' from london :eek::D

In some lighter news...........

The offer for Jonathan VIERA of Las Palmas from Birmingham City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

was linked with Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barca in January and has been tipped for a move to la liga this summer.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Oh hi dave' date=' long time no speak, hows it going? sorry been ignoring the rest of the thread! nah I was talking about the southern one![/quote']

Hi Jon, all is well over the pond, sweltering in 100 degrees :P.

I kinda knew you were talking about the old 'Sowf' London tart but had to ask as I thought the 1800's was being a tad generous on the old git, I was thinking more like The Crusades :D

Hi Jon' date=' all is well over the pond, sweltering in 100 degrees :P.

I kinda knew you were talking about the old 'Sowf' London tart but had to ask as I thought the 1800's was being a tad generous on the old git, I was thinking more like The Crusades :D[/quote']

its alright for some! although thats probably too hot, im off to italy next week which should be decent. Not been banned recently dave? ;)

Dave would be right at home in the crusades!

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

its alright for some! although thats probably too hot' date=' im off to italy next week which should be decent. Not been banned recently dave? ;)

Dave would be right at home in the crusades![/quote']

000203FB.gif Moi? Banned? I'm a good boy Jon. 0002020A.gif

000203FB.gif Moi? Banned? I'm a good boy Jon. 0002020A.gif

I know you are Dave!! I just dont understand what the mods have against you! ;)

Also just had a cheeky peek for 2 minutes at the end of the first main season in 106' date=' page 120 odd on main thread and some interesting posts! Loaning was encouraged by some very respected managers back then but seems still Dave was having none of it then either which is impressively consistent!

Everybody 88 or below in my squad are up for loan, so if you want any to boost your play-off bid, send your bids this way.
just put a loan bid in for valencia' date=' need a wide midfielder after Renouard's fitness fell.[/quote']
Anyone needs loans? If so' date=' i will make some available for loan................[/quote']
if you want me to loan you some players i would be more than happy to. btw i am stoke
Now thats a kind offer ' date='but call me old fashion,i kinda feel its right i stick with what i've got , its only fair to the other guy. [/color']

thanks anyway Chris

........10 mins later- i just thought about it, i'm not knocking anyone who would/has taken a loan its just my take on it if you know what i mean.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

its alright for some! although thats probably too hot' date=' im off to italy next week which should be decent. Not been banned recently dave? ;)

I know you are Dave!! I just dont understand what the mods have against you! ;)

Also just had a cheeky peek for 2 minutes at the end of the first main season in 106' date=' page 120 odd on main thread and some interesting posts! Loaning was encouraged by some very respected managers back then but seems still Dave was having none of it then either which is impressively consistent![/quote']

:P..... As for Dave, you can count on him for consistency (in B.S.) rarely on principals but I guess we gotta give him credit here on this one.....he's still an old git though:p ;)

Guest drseanfitz

Did you know you can edit want's in a quote to suit your own purpose;)

philbrownhullcitymanage.jpg

Time to vote for your manager of the month for July.

vote at the link below - and don't vote for yourself

http://ec106managerofthemonth.moonfruit.com/

If you are not able to use the website feel free to vote via PM

Voting closes as soon as August starts(i.e. 00:00 on 1st August)

P.S. last reminder for this...........

and do people want me to pop back for you in 4 weeks and do august' date=' or pass on the website or just end the contest?[/color']

P.S. last reminder for this...........

and do people want me to pop back for you in 4 weeks and do august' date=' or pass on the website or just end the contest?[/color']

Pop back anytime you want, might have to start charging soon though!

Hi Jon' date=' all is well over the pond, sweltering in 100 degrees :P.

I kinda knew you were talking about the old 'Sowf' London tart but had to ask as I thought the 1800's was being a tad generous on the old git, I was thinking more like The Crusades :D[/quote']

More caveman era

Apologies Darren, but i got myself all confused like with the win at costs principle. Whilst your well stated point about long term and short term loans is quite misguided, indeed the 'win at all costs quote' should not be applied to your very good self...:o

i think this is the main point. Some managers cant hack it but Im not sure why some think its immoral or anything' date=' its certainly a strange moral code. I think it mostly comes from the fact these things dont happen IRL but gaining an advantage is what games are all about? Why is it immoral is basically my question?[/quote']

Right after a few edits' date=' im probably against these, very interesting though and needs further thought!

The use of loans however is a separate issue as it isnt unsporting and widely practiced unlike the above examples.[/quote']

So Jonny boy now poor old Longnose is really confused?. You seem to be at odds with yourself when it comes to ''gaining an advantage''..by your own admission you see little problem with gaining an advantage by using loans etc to gain promotion. But when faced with real life examples of sportsmen pushing the rules to the very limit you appear to feel the issue needs further thought...poor old Long can't see the difference, care to explain? :confused:

:P..... As for Dave' date=' you can count on him for consistency (in B.S.) rarely on principals but I guess we gotta give him credit here on this one.....he's still an old git though:p ;)[/quote']

Such praise...B)

I would also like to state that in some cultures age is respected clearly not the case around here....

i knew this set up was Competitive but getting out bid for a 64 squad filler whos likley to spend his career playing Leauge one/Leauge two football at best is crazy also i dont understand why a higher leauge club with more players and a higher rating can bid 52k and while little old Bournemouth with 21 players can only bid 50k ive never understood and i never will :eek:

anyways down to bussiness

Nabil Dirar(87) winger set to join Bournemouth :)

Guest drseanfitz

Also just had a cheeky peek for 2 minutes at the end of the first main season in 106' date=' page 120 odd on main thread and some interesting posts! Loaning was encouraged by some very respected managers back then but seems still Dave was having none of it then either which is impressively consistent![/quote']

you do realise that some(if not all) of them statements you quoted were taken whilst the season was still going on, and weren't for cheeky playoff loans.

Bit low of you that JC, using the messiah's words out of context(although most religions do that anyway):P;)

i knew this set up was Competitive but getting out bid for a 64 squad filler whos likley to spend his career playing Leauge one/Leauge two football at best is crazy also i dont understand why a higher leauge club with more players and a higher rating can bid 52k and while little old Bournemouth with 21 players can only bid 50k ive never understood and i never will :eek:

anyways down to bussiness

Nabil Dirar(87) winger set to join Bournemouth :)

That was me. I've had my eye on him for a while. Also, this will infuriate you further but 52k is not my Chairman's maximum value. :P

That was me. I've had my eye on him for a while. Also' date=' this will infuriate you further but 52k is not my Chairman's maximum value.[/quote']

darn you :P

the only reason i wanted him was because he plays for southampton but i cant see him breaking through due to them having quite alot of options at Central Mid although saying that he was on tour with them this pre season :)

Dont know wether I should apologise for the mass debate or be thankfull that theres some banter flying around!

Thankful!

The offer for Iván VELEZ of Independiente from Rushden & Diamonds has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Keeping to the theme of Aussies, some Israeli and players playing in Argentina or Chile. An 85 rated RB. Really good signing in terms of depth as it gives me more options. Looking to play a 3-5-2 next season but with Ben Haim being a Def and Velez being a RB it can allow me to play four at the back if the need is there. Also can allow me to push Martinez into DM if my midfielders get injured. So all in all a very important signing. Will join two Chileans and Somoza as the South American contingent.

Looking for one more loan for next season. Already got Consigli and Eriksen for next season but looking for one more player, probably a squadie that can get cup tied. And preferably rated 86+. Will decide on a position when I get some players thrown at me,