English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

darn you :P

the only reason i wanted him was because he plays for southampton but i cant see him breaking through due to them having quite alot of options at Central Mid although saying that he was on tour with them this pre season :)

Same here. Southampton usually have a good youth development system that's why I wanted him. He has one year left on his contract I believe so I hope he will breakthrough this season. I hope you don't have any bad feelings anyway. :)

Apologies Darren' date=' but i got myself all confused like with the win at costs principle. Whilst your well stated point about long term and short term loans is quite misguided, indeed the 'win at all costs quote' should not be applied to your very good self...:o[/color']

So Jonny boy now poor old Longnose is really confused?. You seem to be at odds with yourself when it comes to ''gaining an advantage''..by your own admission you see little problem with gaining an advantage by using loans etc to gain promotion. But when faced with real life examples of sportsmen pushing the rules to the very limit you appear to feel the issue needs further thought...poor old Long can't see the difference, care to explain? :confused:

[/b]

Im against the win at all costs principle also.

I am against pushing the rules in an unsportmanly fashion.

However I am for gaining advantages in games (within the rules and being sporting and safe etc). Its the whole point!

This is why I dont like clubhopping etc. (clubhopping isnt in the rules but is unsporting)

However I am for f1 teams finding aerodynamic loopholes etc as that is part of the sport there.

However the loans are not unsporting as stated before and what me and daz have been arguing about for several pages now . . .

whats the difference between them and normal loans?

you do realise that some(if not all) of them statements you quoted were taken whilst the season was still going on' date=' and weren't for cheeky playoff loans.

Bit low of you that JC, using the messiah's words out of context(although most religions do that anyway):P;)[/quote']

Apologies sean it wasnt intentional!

Very dangerous quoting as you say as well!

Playoff loans were fine back then though. (except for Dave of course)

People can check the pages around for themselves to check im not missquoting.

As for yourself Sean, the "misguied messiah". You took the guy above and renato in on loan around the final game. Not sure if you used them for playoffs or not! I guess its alright by dave if you have them one game before the playoffs start?

Same here. Southampton usually have a good youth development system that's why I wanted him. He has one year left on his contract I believe so I hope he will breakthrough this season. I hope you don't have any bad feelings anyway. :)

nah none at all mate got Desmond , Keast and Heenan as squad fillers :)

James McCartney Still Availible with Huddlesfield having the best offer at Present :)

Guest drseanfitz

Apologies sean it wasnt intentional!

Very dangerous quoting as you say as well!

I shall forgive you young 'un:p

in all honesty this argument could go on forever, and no-one would actually bewrong, it will all come down to morality and interpretation of rules etc. but it's entertaining so you can happilly keep arguing Dementia Dave

Edit - I think I took the guy for just the one game(not playoffs) - but can't be sure

Im against the win at all costs principle also. and I am always willing to have a rethink!

I am against pushing the rules in an unsportmanly fashion.

However I am for gaining advantages in games (within the rules and being sporting and safe etc). Its the whole point!

This is why I dont like clubhopping etc. (clubhopping isnt in the rules but is unsporting)

However I am for f1 teams finding aerodynamic loopholes etc as that is part of the sport there.

However the loans are not unsporting as stated before and what me and daz have been arguing about for several pages now . . .

whats the difference between them and normal loans?

A few points Jon...

club hopping is not against the rules but where one chooses to leap to a stronger club in a higher division still falls ( loosely) under the same grubby umbrella of short term loans in as much as it is against the spirit of the game....:)

F1 cars are designed up to a specification correct?..surely those that possess the greater ingenuity / technical ability reap the rewards of a faster car. I fail to see where ethics come in to the equation...:)

As I said previously a season long (or less) loan is far removed from picking up a player or 2 or 3 only when one makes the play-off. I would suggest a long term loan contains an element of chance, you cannot say how you will ultimately benefit.To argue that the benefit one could gain from a loaned player in say the first 2 games of the season is at best mischievous nick picking and holds no water in my opinion...:)

I shall forgive you young 'un:p

in all honesty this argument could go on forever' date=' and no-one would actually bewrong, it will all come down to morality and interpretation of rules etc. but it's entertaining so you can happilly keep arguing Dementia Dave

[/quote']

And you can stop bloody calling me that, aren't your mob supposed to abide by a code of customer service or something B)

A few points Jon...

club hopping is not against the rules but where one chooses to leap to a stronger club in a higher division still falls ( loosely) under the same grubby umbrella of short term loans in as much as it is against the spirit of the game....:)

agreed clubhopping is against the spirit of the game. However short term loans are not under the grubby umbrella' date=' which is what this argument is all about. I would say, and as stated before, they are in the spirit of it! :)

F1 cars are designed up to a specification correct?..surely those that possess the greater ingenuity / technical ability reap the rewards of a faster car. I fail to see where ethics come in to the equation...:)

Many a time they find a loophole, eg double diffuser or blown exhaust or the car that sucked itself to the floor, that can be seen as unethical by some, (the previous two were later banned very quickly, although the teams faced no ethical backlash for exploiting the rules).

It was just an example showing all these cases of sportmanship need case by case judgement. :)

As I said previously a season long (or less) loan is far removed from picking up a player or 2 or 3 only when one makes the play-off. I would suggest a long term loan contains an element of chance, you cannot say how you will ultimately benefit.To argue that the benefit one could gain from a loaned player in say the first 2 games of the season is at best mischievous nick picking and holds no water in my opinion...:)

This is the main point, you say its nick picking, but it isnt really the fact is any loan can give an advantage so whats the difference? :)

EDIT: I hope edmoses is flippin happy!

I've just read the last 48 hours of thread and although enjoyable I'm geriatric and now almost too tired to post... :o

Regarding F1, you can make all the changes you want during testing and official practice but when qualifying ends the cars sit in Parc fermé. Not to be touched. You race what you qualified with. ;)

Interestingly (probs only for me), I was working on the corner of the Shu/Hill shunt on the Saturday of that race weekend in Adel. Turned down the offer of the Sunday and watched the race on tv from home (3kms away, windows open for stereo sound). Could've witnessed a bit of F1 history had I not been so lazy. Story of my life really.

Anyway, we at Bristol Rovers couldn't care less if our Div3 Semi opponents Norwich City rope in Messi, Ronaldo and the Pope himself as I suspect they'll trash us anyway. Either way, I will be serving up our regular dish of Spam as usual. Our squad of idiots deserve the chance to be heroes. B)

Whoever the Southend United manager is, you are now in my bad books.

As for the whole play-off loans debacle, I have actually done it once and benefitted from it, but I'm a bit ashamed of it to be honest and I certainly wouldn't do it again. I find it hard to believe that anyone can fail to see this as nothing more than gaining an unfair advantage. It really is as simple as that.

Oh, and I also signed Olympiacos' new Montenegran forward yesterday, Petar Grbic, for a fee of £260k in a rare forage into the risers/talents market.

Probably bidding on players he doesn't have shortlisted whilst Andy was sleeping I'd imagine!

Somethings wrong with the All transfers page......the deals for Buffon, Guardado and Kozak are there even though they were done a few months ago!

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

A few points Jon...

As I said previously a season long (or less) loan is far removed from picking up a player or 2 or 3 only when one makes the play-off. I would suggest a long term loan contains an element of chance' date=' you cannot say how you will ultimately benefit.To argue that the benefit one could gain from a loaned player in say the first 2 games of the season is at best mischievous nick picking and holds no water in my opinion...:)[/color']

OY, cockney rebel! How come clubhopping to a stronger club is under the same umbrella as short term loans (your words) YET, when I stayed loyal to Oxford Utd and forsook the dizzy heights of EC106's Premier League you deemed me an under achiever with no ambition? :mad: Typical reaction from a fox hating, right wing extremist christian fundamentalist!! :P

BtW, I hope you are well on this SCORCHING Friday morning as I do all the guys in 106. ;)

For the record, I'm gonna throw my ten cents into the ring. I agree with the old cockney git, I think it's a poor use of the rules of fair play and I think Stewart hit the nail on the head yesterday when he said that SM could/should step in and set a limit of games (say around 30) and after that, no more loans until the new season begins.

It pains me to side with the old git but I believe he has a good and just point. The squad that gets you into the play offs should be the one to try and finish the job. :P

Probably bidding on players he doesn't have shortlisted whilst Andy was sleeping I'd imagine!

I don't mind losing out on a bidding war, but when nobody else has a certain player even shortlisted, you would have thought you have done enough to get your man. I suspect someone is making ultra-sly use of the gold shortlist...

I don't mind losing out on a bidding war' date=' but when nobody else has a certain player even shortlisted, you would have thought you have done enough to get your man. I suspect someone is making ultra-sly use of the gold shortlist...[/quote']

or trolling through 75-80 rated players to see who's bidding, checking up on the player and bidding themselves ;)

What has Machine done to infuriate you?

I'm guessing it's this:

Carlos LUQUE has completed his move to Southend United from Colón for £808' date='000. All other offers were turned down.[/quote']

As it's unlikely to be this:

Tiago LUIS has completed his move to Southend United from Rotherham United for £2,250,000

The enigma that is Tiago Luis now pitches up at Southend; one of the hot properties when i first joined SM along with other subsequent under-achievers like Adu, Russotto, Slavkovski, Lulinha etc, he was hyped as the "new Romario" 3/4 years ago and heavily linked with Real Madrid.

Since then he has "rocketed" from 79 to 80 back in May '10 and hasn't really done much since.....will probably never fulfil the original expectation but (surely!) will be capable of hitting higher than 80 once he finds his feet at a new club :D

I don't mind losing out on a bidding war' date=' but when nobody else has a certain player even shortlisted, you would have thought you have done enough to get your man. I suspect someone is making ultra-sly use of the gold shortlist...[/quote']

Yeah exactly ... But what can you do?

be ruthless.....set your alarm to go off every hour and check that you get your man ;):P

or if you are a sane person' date='.. don't bid in the morning makes it easier to keep an eye on your bid[/quote']

Option two for me :) .. Although I'm on often enough to check my bids ;)

It can be rather useful ;)

or trolling through 75-80 rated players to see who's bidding' date=' checking up on the player and bidding themselves ;)[/quote']

Even assuming that i was "only" searching 15-21 year-olds that's still 4,231 players i'd need to check...every night!

Perhaps if EC106 was my only set-up i could contemplate investing that amount of time and effort but not at the moment - luckily for you lot! :P

Option two for me :) .. Although I'm on often enough to check my bids ;)

see my problem is I get up with my little boy at around 6am one morning then the other half gets up early the next morning :o

so if I bid in the morning I'm usually not up in time the next day to see if someone(Machine:p) has bid on the player.