English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

see my problem is I get up with my little boy at around 6am one morning then the other half gets up early the next morning :o

so if I bid in the morning I'm usually not up in time the next day to see if someone(Machine:p) has bid on the player.

Be relentless and get your wife to check it :L

TIME TO ADJUST THE MORAL COMPASS JON ?

MoralCompass.JPG

So Jon the time is nigh and with the damning words of a Godless sweaty sock, a Yorkie and even an Australian (:eek: ) ringing in your ears perhaps its time you looked at your moral compass my young friend. Clearly ( as I stated from the start) your sharp practice of employing play-off mercenaries detracts not only from the good name of the mighty 106 but also lessens your well deserved status within the set-up. Take it from a old fool my boy, its never to late to turn to the light, i beseech you to adjust your course and sail North towards goodness and take your chances in the play-offs with the squad you have got,and trust me the Lord will provide :)

The offer for Jón Guðni FJOLUSON of Fram from Birmingham City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

the Iclandic defender has just signed for Beerschot AC in the Jupilar league and at 73rated, if he gets games, he should be in for a rise next time belgium is done.

He was on trial at Bayern in January and was linked with PSV before the move to Belgium B)

TIME TO ADJUST THE MORAL COMPASS JON ?

So Jon the time is nigh and with the damning words of a Godless sweaty sock' date=' a Yorkie and even an Australian (:eek: ) ringing in your ears perhaps its time you looked at your moral compass my young friend. Clearly ( as I stated from the start) your sharp practice of employing play-off mercenaries detracts not only from the good name of the mighty 106 but also lessens your well deserved status within the set-up. Take it from a old fool my boy, its never to late to turn to the light, i beseech you to adjust your course and sail North towards goodness and take your chances in the play-offs with the squad you have got,and trust me the Lord will provide :)[/color']

Thanks for the further patronisation Dementia Dave, but you and I both know that we actually agree on most things (which is a good thing as your not far of the mark on most topics) and my moral compass is fine thanks.

There is plenty of support for the other side as well Dave, (not that majority support means its correct! as im sure you'll agree considering the number of labour governments in recent decades!) Iv had 3 managers offer me loans for this seasons playoffs (im not naming them however) and before yourself got involved pup and james threw up no objections and including all the people I quoted earlier. . . (although there opinions may have changed since)

What really annoys me is that Iv been doing it for years? and in 106, on at least 3 occasions? got zyryanov in on loan from reddevil in first season and 2 seasons ago loaned a dm of sean and a winger of Dermo!

Maybe theres a lot of the new forumers have a different culture in this season and cant I help but think many are swayed/(tricked/streamrolled ;) ) by yourself Dave! (you are rightly very very well respected on the forum)

Your last post may have been entertaining but you still have answered my point about why these short term playoff loans (which as you say do give an advantage) are any different to long term loans?

So unfortunately I cant change my mind until im further convinced (and not sure you would respect me further for swaying now merely to seemingly popular opinion). And my 106 status I would hope if anything is reinforced by this respectful discussion and standing up for my opinion. (not for me to judge tho)

However there is good news for the entire setup as I havent actually (thanks to mostly arguing on here) secured any new loans! Best I got offered was an 87 who wouldnt make the team. So the results that follow will not be tainted and my 106 legacy is safe apparently . . .

Would like to draw a line under it now and thanks very much to Dave, Daz, Ed, scottish Dave for a well respected, polite and interesting debate.

Also best of luck to all the guys in the playoffs! Which this may have detracted from a bit but it is actually a really important night for a lot of teams!

(Im sure im about to lose now to QPR!)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

SQUEAKY BUM TIME

OXFORD UTD 0-0 IPSWICH TOWN

OXFORD UTD WIN 5-4 ON PENALTIES.

Phew,

:eek:, after two easy wins in the league against the tractor boys, Ipswich Town pulled out all the stops and took this game to the wire.

Unlucky Tom, my commiserations, it could have went either way.

:(

SQUEAKY BUM TIME

OXFORD UTD 0-0 IPSWICH TOWN

OXFORD UTD WIN 5-4 ON PENALTIES.

Phew' date='

:eek:, after two easy wins in the league against the tractor boys, Ipswich Town pulled out all the stops and took this game to the wire.[/b']

Unlucky Tom, my commiserations, it could have went either way.

:(

Congratulations there. Good work. Now comes the hard bit on Sunday, this is where you need that extra bit in reserve. :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Congratulations there. Good work. Now comes the hard bit on Sunday' date=' this is where you need that extra bit in reserve. :)[/quote']

Cheers Dermot, so true, it was such a fine balance holding some players back and taking that chance. With having such a small squad, it requires a lot of juggling :P. I beat him twice in the league and was quietly confident but 0-0 and 5-4 on pens is taking it to the limits of my nerves. :D

Good stuff John. I've been in the playoff final before' date=' and I don't envy anyone that's in it. :)[/quote']

Cheers Dermo, Playoffs are very cruel, lost against callum in my last one . . .

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Play off scores not properly through yet but I see Swansea beat Northampton on pens after a 0-0 draw. Tight games indeed. Well done Will and best of luck for Sunday. I don't know if I can take this pressure....NURSE!!! Bring Me My Beer!!!:P

.....(not that majority support means its correct! as im sure you'll agree considering the number of labour governments in recent decades!)

...(you are rightly very very well respected on the forum)

You know just what to say to melt an old mans heart..a well fought draw it is :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

1-0 victory over QPR' date=' very unlucky david! Commiserations.

Got 4 injuries now though for the final. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Well done Jon, unlucky Chip. David is a hard act to beat so well done on getting the better of him, both great managers and nice guys but as you said, the play offs are a cruel business. Good luck on Sunday. ;)

Congratulations to all the playoff semi final winners and comiserations to those who have fallen. I wish all the best of luck for Sunday.... I will throw my weight behind the Oxford Utd push for promotion (sorry Swansea) as I would love to punish the old git next season in division three for helping ruin my title ambitions by beating us and losing to Carlisle you horrible sod :D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Congratulations to all the playoff semi final winners and comiserations to those who have fallen. I wish all the best of luck for Sunday.... I will throw my weight behind the Oxford Utd push for promotion (sorry Swansea) as I would love to punish the old git next season in division three for helping ruin my title ambitions by beating us and losing to Carlisle you horrible sod :D

Thank you daz' date=' I love it...:P. A typical response of congrats from one Scot to another, much support followed by a right hook to the chops lmao...brilliant. :D[/b']

For the record, I felt you deserved the title over the season but as Leslie Crowther said , or was it Les Dennis? (memory fails me) :P

"What do points make? Points make prizes." and Mo came with a bang that would be hard to equal, but for consistency over the season, I think you just edged it.

I only hope I get the chance to be a thorn in your side next season. ;):P

PS Oh I remember, it was bloody Brucie.

Thank you daz' date=' I love it...:P. A typical response of congrats from one Scot to another, much support followed by a right hook to the chops lmao...brilliant. :D[/b']

For the record, I felt you deserved the title over the season but as Leslie Crowther said , or was it Les Dennis? (memory fails me) :P

"What do points make? Points make prizes." and Mo came with a bang that would be hard to equal, but for consistency over the season, I think you just edged it.

I only hope I get the chance to be a thorn in your side next season. ;):P

PS Oh I remember, it was bloody Brucie.

I think so too but as you said, was always going to be difficult to cope with a side winning that many matches in a row. No Brucie bonus at Brentford this season I'm afraid :eek:

U will get the fright of your life one of these days and hit match report only to find Brentford (with Brucie in tow) have smashed a few past Oxford without reply :eek:

Remember this conversation next season when we meet....Brentford may have a special guest in the directors box :D;)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

6oQMEsW7M5g

Scenes after the epic match

Oxford Utd V Ipswich Town

Roll on Sunday.

I expect to get canned but hey, :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I think so too but as you said' date=' was always going to be difficult to cope with a side winning that many matches in a row. No Brucie bonus at Brentford this season I'm afraid :eek:

U will get the fright of your life one of these days and hit match report only to find Brentford (with Brucie in tow) have smashed a few past Oxford without reply :eek:

Remember this conversation next season when we meet....Brentford may have a special guest in the directors box :D;)[/quote']

Is Brucie still kicking? heh, I know he is but it will take more than Brucie points for Brentford to down the mighty Oxford Utd. remember daz, I got a spell on you. :D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Actually daz, our games are closer than you think, I just seem to get the better on the bigger games but overall it's about equal.;):)

6oQMEsW7M5g

Scenes after the epic match

Oxford Utd V Ipswich Town

Roll on Sunday.

I expect to get canned but hey' date=' :P[/b']

It must have been nice for the Oxford fans to celebrate like that....pity you ended up rejecting the jobs offers though :D just when they thought they got rid of you :eek:

News filters through that Dave has rejected the Charlton job :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgKYjfT2ZDSg6Ab1tpwQpG8JDTji6PCgsRlLEfIE-cqDhT8-1npA

Belkevitz is the only Oxford Utd scarf bearing person happy that he is at the club:

oxford-utd-timmy.jpg