English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

After two and a bit days off the game I come back to 119 club messages! Mental.

Disappointed to have missed out on Modric! Top player, decent deal I guess.

Well done on all the teams that were promoted via playoffs, and unlucky to those that stay where they were, the playoffs are cruel!

As stated a fair few times now, looking to get some deals done .. Ive got some good players I can part with, just let VM/PM me!

After two and a bit days off the game I come back to 119 club messages! Mental.

Disappointed to have missed out on Modric! Top player' date=' decent deal I guess.

Well done on all the teams that were promoted via playoffs, and unlucky to those that stay where they were, the playoffs are cruel!

As stated a fair few times now, looking to get some deals done .. Ive got some good players I can part with, just let VM/PM me![/quote']

I was wondering why this place was so quiet.

The offer for Peter CROUCH of Preston North End from Crystal Palace has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Got my 90 CF on his way to Selhurst. :) Hopefully can play a key-role in getting Palace back to the dizzy heights of Division 1 at the first time of asking!

Also, Corluka is available in exchange for a 88 RB + 88 Wing. ;)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I think that's because Belkevitz is sober for once :)

Big shortlist! 2k+

Hi Zak, :P, only you could get away with insulting my good self. :D, and why, because you are genuine and I love you for that. slange. ;)

Alex Sandro's rating increased by 1 to 85 this morning. Hoping that this will be the start of some nice regular rises for him with his move to FC Porto all completed.

Now really hoping he will get regular game time and then Brentford will really have a fantastic long term full back on our hands :D

EDIT : Scott Allan will join Brentford from Dundee Utd for £10,000. He started against Hearts on Sunday and he looked a player. Considering his age I was very impressed by how comfortable he was in possession, picked out some nice passes and generally looked as though he had been in the side for years which impresses me for a 19 year old. Think he could be Utd's next Goodwillie in terms of development and potential.

Peter CROUCH has completed his move to Crystal Palace from Preston North End in a swap deal for Aleksandr BUKHAROV

Happy with that, as I finally get rid of Bukharov, whilst also bring in that coveted 90-rated CF; two birds with one stone and all that. :D

90 RB/CB Corluka is available for P/ex, guys! I reckon he's safe at 90, or he will be for at least another 3 months until England is reviewed anyway! So buy him from me, someone. ;) Looking for an 88+ RB and an 88+ Wing in exchange.

Also, next Monday, 88 GK Luiz Felipe can go out on a season-long loan to a club in Division 3 or Division 4...Send me a message to secure him. :)

Izod' date=' true story, I went into a store today and there was a mouse running awol. They were all trying to kill it and my wife was saying, "don't get involved.'' I slapped this guy, cornered the mouse in a box trap and took it home and set it free. bet that hurts huh? :mad:[/b']

I guess taking the atheist stance isn't as exciting as the christian need to kill. BWHAAA.

PS Think about it.

Vermin Fawlty :P

Decided to ease up on the youth signings and bring in a couple of players who could break into my starting XI next season:

The offer for Ariel BORYSIUK of Legia Warszawa from Southend United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Polish 20 year-old 83 rated DM/CM who has been linked heavily with Udinese, but even if he doesn't move he's got room to improve still playing in Poland.

The offer for Oswaldo VISCARRONDO of Anzoategui from Southend United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Listed in every "team of the tournament" i've seen of the Copa America 2011, the 27 year-old 85 rated CB was inspirational in helping Venezuela get to the Semi-Finals.

Bit of a gamble as he cost a hefty £5.9m but he seems set to move on to bigger and better things so reckoned he was worth a punt (plus i've a bit of a Venezuelan colony going on at Southend and am managing Venezuela in the World Cup finals :)).

Here's the latest players on the Transfer List:

Fabio Aurelio (LB/LM) - still technically Liverpool's first choice LB unless they bring in a new signing. £7m

Keith Treacy (LM/Wing) - Irish international who's staying in the Championship with Burnley. Also has a habit of scoring in 106. £3m

Guti (AM/CM) - with the signing of Kroos, Guti is now out of my first team plans. Still an 89 and has no reason to drop further considering Besiktas' other players. £9m

Jonathan Pitroipa - Burkina Faso international who has just moved to Rennes and scored on his debut in the Europa League. Was linked with Liverpool last January. £8m

Cameron Jerome - linked with Fulham, shouldnt drop any further than 87 even if he stays with Birmingham. £8m.

Prefer part-ex to straight cash, but if no part-ex deals come in, I'll take the cash just to be rid of them and put the money towards more players.

Finished 8th with Blackpool despite taking just 13 points from the last 16 games. Should have finished in the play-offs at least but nearly every player just suddenly lost form for some reason.

Nearly in debt now as well, so it's time to let a few players leave and make a few changes for next season. If anyone is interested in them..

Youssouf Mulumbu - DM/CM - 24 - 87 - £6 million

Joan Verdu - AM/CM - 28 - 88 - £9 million

Aleksandr Ryazantsev - W/AM - 24 - 88 - £12 million

well done to all those who got promoted (took your time jc!)' date=' unlucky to those who missed out.

5 days later, 215 club messages and 4 pm's. Neymar rises to 90? hellooooooo!![/quote']

Welcome back tart! Neymar to Leyton Orient? Nah, wouldn't start!

well done to all those who got promoted (took your time jc!)' date=' unlucky to those who missed out.

5 days later, 215 club messages and 4 pm's. Neymar rises to 90? hellooooooo!![/quote']

Alright callum, relegation on this season?

took my time how dare you! ok you did it in 5 seasons and me and sean did it in 6 but still its a hell of a lot better than not even making it! plus i was inactive last season.

Couldnt you have gone away for longer? It was nice and peaceful. ;)

Brett EMERTON has completed his move to Preston North End from Bradford City for £4,200,000

Pretty annoyed to have not gotten him.. Didn't think a managed club would accept such a lowly cash bid for someone like Emerton so didn't bother.. expect a bid for him when his TB expires :)

Here's a debate which hopefully will get people talking:

"Would you buy a lesser rated player on SM if they scored many goals in previous seasons?"

For example, David Dunn has scored 41 goals in the past two seasons, while Frank Lampard has scored 9 goals over the same period.

"Would you buy a lesser rated player on SM if they scored many goals in previous seasons?"

For example' date=' David Dunn has scored 41 goals in the past two seasons, while Frank Lampard has scored 9 goals over the same period.[/quote']

I'd still take Lampard.

Just because Dunn has performed for a team doesn't mean he'll perform for me.

And I could make Lamps perform very well for me.

For example' date=' David Dunn has scored 41 goals in the past two seasons, while Frank Lampard has scored 9 goals over the same period.[/quote']

In a competitive game I would usually go for the higher rated player, as long as the fitness and morale are high.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

=> ratings are permanent and form is a load of rubbish. I'd buy Lampard. :D