English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

May aswell post about it' date=' no brace from Nilmar .. But his Brazilian counterpart Anderson Nene stepped up to fill in.

Also [b']Barry 91, Adebayor 91, Bruno 90, Nene 90, Amorebieta 89, Sanchez 90, Saviola 90[/b] are all available .. Would be looking for 89+ and good safe rated under 29 players .. I can be fussy although pretty easy to deal with.

Would accept a young 87+ talented winger for Nene.

Would Sanchez actually be Joaquin?

Would you be interested in Gastaldello as part ex for any of them?

Would Sanchez actually be Joaquin?

Would you be interested in Gastaldello as part ex for any of them?

Urmm yes James; call him Sanchez for some reason.

Ill say no to Gastaldello, a move would probably see him keep his rating and I need a CB, but dont really wanna take that risk.

Oh great, someone saw I signed some Chilean youngsters so decided to use the search tool to look for those Chilean youths and see which has me keen on and decide hey they are worth getting :o

And some other Brazilians as well which prior to my signing spree had no interested party.

Oh great' date=' someone saw I signed some Chilean youngsters so decided to use the search tool to look for those Chilean youths and see which has me keen on and decide hey they are worth getting :o

And some other Brazilians as well which prior to my signing spree had no interested party.[/quote']

Pathetic isn't it and that's why i don't even bother because it always happens. :P

Pathetic isn't it and that's why i don't even bother because it always happens. :P

Yeah B) And from my experience dealing with him so far, the other party is a decent person, but mehs anything in the name of competition eh I guess. :rolleyes:

R

Oh great' date=' someone saw I signed some Chilean youngsters so decided to use the search tool to look for those Chilean youths and see which has me keen on and decide hey they are worth getting :o

And some other Brazilians as well which prior to my signing spree had no interested party.[/quote']

At first i thought that this was directed at me but there are Chileans you're after who i haven't touched.

Also even if i had been so lazy as to search all Chilean youths (which i most certainly did not) just because you had bought some then that must mean that you've bought all your top targets?

And if you've already got all your top targets then i fail to see how you can object to competition on your second-choices?

If i'm the first person this season to buy an Argentinian then as far as i know that doesn't mean nobody else can buy Argentinian.

If i'm breaking some unwritten "code of honour" that says you MUST have short-listed someone prior to bidding on them so that other managers are aware of your interest then i will do what others do and short-list hundreds of players, if that makes everyone happier?

Haha Zak im guessing? I shortlisted him first but I have no interest in him. He's yours :P

And why doew everyone cry when machine outbids them? Nobody has a divine right to a player. And if you won't him so much, bid as much as you can! ;)

And im speaking as one of machines victims :P

Haha Zak im guessing? I shortlisted him first but I have no interest in him. He's yours :P

And why doew everyone cry when machine outbids them? Nobody has a divine right to a player. And if you won't him so much' date=' bid as much as you can! ;)

And im speaking as one of machines victims :P[/quote']

Yeah it would've been that Zak one - i'm innocent!

Most of the folk who are vocal about being out-bid seem to be the newer managers to 106, so maybe they're not used to it being so competitive as in my experience 106 is 2nd only to the GBL in competition for risers.

I'm only doing what Zak, Dermo, and many others have been doing here for yonks :P

And why doew everyone cry when machine outbids them? Nobody has a divine right to a player. And if you won't him so much' date=' bid as much as you can! ;)

And im speaking as one of machines victims :P[/quote']

No chileans in my team boyo :)

Although I may have a gander at their league standings etc :)

Riferimento: Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Southampton grabbed a 2-0 win over promoted Shorpe. Cavani and Messi (who else) scored.

Well played Yap, my first game in div1 and not an easy one! Mata and Quag still injured however so we'll see how the season goes in a few games! got 10mill and Eremenko (88) floating about and several russian (ahmedov, burlak) and goalkeeping talents (kraft, delac) if people are interested in doing any deals.

Re: Riferimento: Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Well played Yap' date=' my first game in div1 and not an easy one! Mata and Quag still injured however so we'll see how the season goes in a few games! got 10mill and Eremenko (88) floating about and several russian (ahmedov, burlak) and goalkeeping talents (kraft, delac) if people are interested in doing any deals.[/quote']

Sorry about the result, quite an even game tbh. At least my 2 top rated defenders in Thiago Silva and Rolando will be available to face United/Huddersfield.

R

At first i thought that this was directed at me but there are Chileans you're after who i haven't touched.

Also even if i had been so lazy as to search all Chilean youths (which i most certainly did not) just because you had bought some then that must mean that you've bought all your top targets?

And if you've already got all your top targets then i fail to see how you can object to competition on your second-choices?

Those I bought wasn't first choice' date=' second or last. Just bought my targets randomly as at the time of me doing research no one short-listed them.

If i'm the first person this season to buy an Argentinian then as far as i know that doesn't mean nobody else can buy Argentinian.

Nationality is not the point here.

If i'm breaking some unwritten "code of honour" that says you MUST have short-listed someone prior to bidding on them so that other managers are aware of your interest then i will do what others do and short-list hundreds of players' date=' if that makes everyone happier?[/quote']

You are not breaking any rule. I just find it it untimely that no one has gone for Chileans in the good two plus weeks I've been inside and hey presto once I do go sign some, suddenly other team(s) are actively looking in the market for a slice of La Rojas as well.

Yeah it would've been that Zak one - i'm innocent!

Most of the folk who are vocal about being out-bid seem to be the newer managers to 106' date=' so maybe they're not used to it being so competitive as in my experience 106 is 2nd only to the GBL in competition for risers.

I'm only doing what Zak, Dermo, and many others have been doing here for yonks :P[/quote']

I wasn't complaining because I was outbidded, since when did you outbid me for any Chileans? And I'm not a newbie to competitive gameworlds. I've been on SM for three plus years and am currently in three forumer gameworlds so I know the art of last minute hijacking/outbidding etc and I'm guilty of that as well.

Was just supposed to be a innocent post, I am well suited to the life of bidding wars already anyway.

Was just supposed to be a innocent post' date=' I am well suited to the life of bidding wars already anyway.[/quote']

I think it just came across as if you were genuinely hacked off - sometimes i'm not overly bothered about a player but if they look like a prospect and i can afford it then i'll stick in a bid a few k over the CV, assuming that if there is only one other bidding club that they'll be trying to buy the player at CV.

I would never bid for a player just to irritate other managers, but if it noises some folk up (in a nice way) and generates a bit of banter and maintains EC106's rep for being tough to pick up youth players on the cheap then i'll tend to make an offer :P

But if doing so is actively irritating people rather than making EC106 more of a challenge then i'll certainly be more choosy about who i go for and when i make any offer :o

:)Just had my first real scout out of Division 2. Seems to be 16 more or less equally matched teams and then the 4 giants of Newcastle, Everton, Aston Villa and Blackburn.

Blackburn did well last year, just missed out on promotion automatically and then lost in the play off. Only obvious weakness is in defence, but can still put out an all 90 team.

Villa also just missed out on promotion. Need to sort out their keeper pronto and a bit OAP in parts of the squad, must be now or never for them to get back in the big time.

Newcastle , a team packed with stars. Must be favourites to win the title, in theory at least. Slightly lack the attacking punch of the other big 3.

Everton ,relegated last year, lack the depth of the other 3 squads. Good attacking punch , but liable in defence and possibly between the sticks which is why they went down last year.

Should be these 4 who shoot out the title but others may have differing opinions. ..

been playing mind games with the orient... i put in a bid on Bertram then zak threw a bid in so i withdrew my bid and put the same ammount in... Zak withdrew and upped his bid and the same happened again.

before someone has a moan i was interested in Bertram but i wasnt prepared to pay more than the CV value as im trying to go with a big signing

been playing mind games with the orient... i put in a bid on Bertram then zak threw a bid in so i withdrew my bid and put the same ammount in... Zak withdrew and upped his bid and the same happened again.

before someone has a moan i was interested in Bertram but i wasnt prepared to pay more than the CV value as im trying to go with a big signing

Haha you git :D get me there, but I'm happy to have him in my squad.

Fair play.

Nothing to bemoan there; great deceitful tactics that I often employ (not so much in this setup) - love it! :P

The offer for Aleksandrs CEKULAJEVS of Trans from Birmingham City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

took a chance on this guy, as I can't remember the last time SM did the Estonian ratings, must be about two years :o.

26 in a few weeks and rated only 76.....but the stats don't lie :P

http://www.soccerway.com/players/aleksandrs-cekulajevs/52759/

took a chance on this guy' date=' as I can't remember the last time SM did the Estonian ratings, must be about two years :o.

26 in a few weeks and rated only 76.....but the stats don't lie :P

http://www.soccerway.com/players/aleksandrs-cekulajevs/52759/

LOL, Lasnamäe FC Ajax has a goal difference of -101 in just 24 games:cool:, in the Estonian league no less.:rolleyes:

LOL' date=' Lasnamäe FC Ajax has a goal difference of -101 in just 24 games:cool:, in the Estonian league no less.:rolleyes:[/quote']

the league is very poor but surely a rise to 81/82 for this guy if he keeps up the scoring :P.

plus he might get a move to a club in a half decent league in poland or something :P

with only 900k in the kitty, I thought "may aswell" :o