• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons. EC106 in my opinion i

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Artem DZYUBA has completed his move to Norwich City from Spartak Moskva for £310,000 plus Nicky KUIPER

Surprised no one had put in a bid for him. 23 years old and has played 2270 minutes for Spartak and scored 7 goals. Starts most games so should rise to 87/88, a good prospect :)

Surprised no one had put in a bid for him. 23 years old and has played 2270 minutes for Spartak and scored 7 goals. Starts most games so should rise to 87/88' date=' a good prospect :)[/quote']

I would have had your bid not been lost in the 20 or so messages I got in one day.

Guys great set-up and always will be ,but dew to the lack of British based deals possible for me to make my Mark on Crewe l am going to leave.my knowledge of European players is limited and l am not big On buying players for rating.

I would rather leave and if falcoa,de Jong,garay leave they can leave for better deals than r pos for me to accept.l believe crewe to be better in mOre capable hands.

I have only two other set ups which l really enjoy and will look for another challenge as it would be great to have three set ups l can enjoy and grow.

Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama :eek:

It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons.

EC106 in my opinion is a victim of it's own success in the same way that EC1 was/is, there is definitely a similar pattern:

* Loads of new/ enthusiastic managers join the gameworld in it's infancy

* Match reports and banter is high during the early seasons as a "core" group of managers is established and the EC gains a good reputation and stays full

* Constant high demand to enter the gameworld makes existing managers wary of leaving even when not enjoying so much anymore, for fear of not getting back in or (for some) of losing the "prestige" of being in the hot forum gameworld

* This leads to a higher percentage of less dedicated managers, which results in match reports tailing off as there is not as much enthusiastic "new blood" to keep the momentum going

The "core" of EC1 are all now 6 years older than when it started and likewise the "core" of EC106 are now, what, 3/4 years older, so different life demands start to bite too.

I still enjoy EC1 as what it's lost in post-counts is made up for by the fact i'm competing against forumers i've known for years; EC106 may one day end up the same but that day is a long way off yet.

If SM EC's were English teams I reckon it'd be a bit like:

EC1 - Liverpool - enjoyed a long period of dominance, now not so strong but still respected the world over

EC106 - Manchester United - current champions but starting to creak under pressure, will they bounce back stronger than ever or slowly slip down the league in seasons to come?

EC7777 - Manchester City - with larger resources and an intensely loyal fanbase they seem to be on the way up, not quite the finished article yet but the raw potential is certainly there

EC7046 - Tottenham Hotspur - contain a lot of mavericks and egotistical maniacs and have an individual of dubious moral standards at the helm, yet somehow it all seems to work as a tightly run outfit capable of being the best on their day

EC5579 - Chelsea - a solid outfit who not so long ago were genuine champion contenders, have proven to be the real deal and are firmly established

EC2933 - Arsenal - easy on the eye but ultimately too lightweight to challenge the big guns

EC10000 - Newcastle - got off to a great start, too early to say yet if they can be up there season after season

EC8888 - Norwich City - doing better than many pundits predicted and seem stable enough

EC2 - Stoke City - don't get the media exposure the stats deserve but consistency is key

EC7345 - Aston Villa - their fans will feel they should be doing much better as seemed a classy bunch not so long ago but fading away in recent seasons

Oh, and in the spirit of getting internal deals going I'll check my squad and see if there are any players I can add to the transfer list :)

B.Howedes set to return to Bolton after a bid from Charlton was accepted of D.Aogo and K.Volland. Good that I played Volland the other night I hate signing players then selling before the have at least played as it doesn't show up in the stats for obvious reasons.

I had a look at peoples squads who asked about Vaart and Higuian and these are the players of interest but whether we'll be able to work out a deal I don't know.

Badstuber - Ganso - Adebyore - Gundogan - Lavezzi

B.Howedes set to return to Bolton after a bid from Charlton was accepted of D.Aogo and K.Volland. Good that I played Volland the other night I hate signing players then selling before the have at least played as it doesn't show up in the stats for obvious reasons.

I had a look at peoples squads who asked about Vaart and Higuian and these are the players of interest but whether we'll be able to work out a deal I don't know.

Badstuber - Ganso - Adebyore - Gundogan - Lavezzi

The length of time until transfer bans are up rules me out then :P