English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Playing a very weakened side again in the cup' date=' resting entire first team! Am still slightly hopeful of a win.[/quote']

going 50/50 with mine, got a few new signings recently so can afford to play some good players. Giving Modric 45 minutes.

going 50/50 with mine' date=' got a few new signings recently so can afford to play some good players. Giving Modric 45 minutes.[/quote']

Yep, potentially you have more depth in your first team. Are you going for the cups like last year? (reaching the final!)

Guest drseanfitz

Yep' date=' potentially you have more depth in your first team. Are you going for the cups like last year? (reaching the final!)[/quote']

I never really aimed for the cup last year, I had a decent squad of mid 80's and just played the best I could each game(league or cup), it was only when I reached the semifinal that I made a particular effort. I was quite fortunate with a lot of home games last year.

Guest drseanfitz

Shorpe through to the third round! somewhat fortunately after being dominated but a late tactical change for the equaliser and then a 2-0 win on penalties (presumbably thanks to first team GK Stekelenburg)

I made it through as well, am going to do a full match report on the main thread, but as I posted on their last am gonna wait until someone else has. I don't like posting one after the other.

Drew 0-0 against Chelsea.

3 draws and 1 win in the last 4 league matches, not that bad for me. :)

lost again' date=' 4 defeats on five, and 4 on the row at home.

Anyone suggest a good formation?[/quote']

Try 4-2-3-1 if you have the right players for it, though you had both possession and shots against Swansea so it might have been just bad luck.

Shorpe draw 0-0 with Dragovic's Colchester, a little disappointed considering cup side beat Colchester on penalties just two days ago! Fair play Draga.

Still can't really complain, with a 2 point gap above thrid place.

Sorry to see bourkey go. ;)

Shame Bourkey's jacked Gillingham' date=' i wonder who we will get? it would be great to see [u']Jake-MFC[/u] back in the set-up!!!

Cheers mate, I hope to get back in it too. I just hope I either get lucky and see them availible or get up at 5am on Sat morning! :D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

TRANMERE ROVERS 1-2 OXFORD UTD

Two goals from winger Koutsiankoulis sealed a great 2-1 win against Tranmere Rovers today. MR to follow.

:D

Guest drseanfitz

so happy.. won 1-0 because of a kalinic goal in the 3rd minute.. first time this season ive won two straight:D!

Glad I could make you happy:D

Southampton lost 4-2 at Sunderland, despite the usual happening. Southampton dominated everything, Sunderland even had a man sent off, but well, Soton are destined for relegation. On a brighter note, Mesut Ozil scored twice to take his season tally to 8 goals in 8 games, including 2 goals in just as many games in the Cup.