English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Northampton Town 0-1 Bournemouth.

Perisic 28'

Bournemouth Battle To Victory.

1677729_w1.jpg

After conceding 4 goals to Yeovil in their last Bournemouth would need to tighten up at the back if they planned on picking up any points away to Northampton. Long-serving Dan Tomlins hasn't been able to ever take the team out of Division 4, and they currently sit in the midst of a relegation battle.

It was a bad-tempered affair from the off with a yellow card within a minute of kick-off, a vicious challenge from Saha on James McCarthy lifted the crowd and created a hostile atmosphere, Samuel Inkoom didn't help matters with his challenge Yeovil attacking midfielder Hajner made him the subject of boo's throughout the match. There were rare signs of quality, Saha's wonderful control left him with a chance to score, and he beat the keeper but also beat the post. Helmes would have hoped to have buried a chance when he was played in after 24 minutes but he couldn't beat the daunting figure of Costil in the Northampton net. Bournemouth did eventually take the lead, with captain Ivan Perisic scoring again on 28 minutes, as he did last week. He cut in from the left hand side and bent a shot right into the top corner, leaving Costil no chance. The rest of the half seemed to be a midfield battle, with both sides picking up plenty of bookings and warnings from the ref.

One of the first actions the ref had to perform in the half was send James McClean off for a vicious tackle, this incensed the home fans with chants of 'you don't know what you're doing' arising. The resulting free-kick was taken well by Perisic but saved by just as well by Costil. 13 minutes after sending off McClean the referee had to dish out his 2nd red card. Samuel Inkoom's mis-timed challenge on Ki earning him an early bath. It was now 10 against 10 but it was hard to tell as Bournemouth continued to apply pressure, it wasn't to be Helmes' day, he blazed an easy chance over the bar to the delight of some fans. The referee gave his 3rd and final red card to Dagoberto in the 78th minute to send Bournemouth to 9 men, a soft 2nd yellow card will see the Brazilian miss Bournemouth's next match. The rest of the game passed by without incident, Bournemouth started to hold possession to preserve their narrow lead and Northampton didn't seem to be able to muster enough effort to beat a resolute defense.

Northampton Town - Costil; Martin, Traore, Collins ©, Ecuele Manga; Estrada, Coleman, Ki, Hajnal, McClean; Saha

Bournemouth - Begovic; Inkoom, Van Damme, Alexis, Lolo; McCarthy, Perisic ©, Diame, Zyryanov, Dagoberto; Helmes

For more post's like this one subscribe to the EC 106 M/R thread here, or maybe start MR'ing yourself, I'm happy to help if you're having problems, and I'd expect James is too.

Match Report Thread.

Niall Taylor steered Shorpe United to victory against Tranmere Rovers.

Shorpe United beat Tranmere Rovers 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Quagliarella scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Varela was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Drew 1 - 1 with Liverpool' date=' not bad Lewandowski scored for me

Vidic injured for 3 Days

David Silva for 13

Not happy with that, but Vidic will be back for the next game at least. Back in the champions league spot as well.

Loans Ramsey out, Ramsey get's two assists on his debut :o[/quote']

your not happy?

Giorgio CHIELLINI suffered a minor injury in the last game > 8 days

Daniele DE ROSSI will be sidelined after suffering an injury > 3 Weeks!!!

Jesús NAVAS is now suspended for 1 domestic game after picking up 5 Yellow Cards in domestic competitions

Daniele DE ROSSI is now suspended for 1 domestic game after picking up 5 Yellow Cards in domestic competitions

Cheers Ryan' date=' will have to make a note of that because it's not the first time I've done that.

On the other thread, the first one is the hastily written up report after I lost it. The second is the recovered one. Which should I keep?[/quote']

Woops, only read the first as I thought you'd sent it twice, I'll read the second now.

Cheers Ryan' date=' will have to make a note of that because it's not the first time I've done that.

On the other thread, the first one is the hastily written up report after I lost it. The second is the recovered one. Which should I keep?[/quote']

The second one mate. Abit more interesting i felt. Seems to have more depth and quality about it haha ;)

Aahhh lost this time. In fact, our unbeaten streak of 7 games has broken.

Dean Bryant was unable to prevent a Derby County defeat to fierce rivals Notts County.

Derby County slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Notts County in their Division 3 fixture.

Wilshere was on the scoresheet for his side.

Wilshere scored his first goal for Derby and has put in impressive performances in his first 5 games but unfortunately, he will be out for 11 days with a foot injury.

Aahhh lost this time. In fact' date=' our unbeaten streak of 7 games has broken.

Wilshere scored his first goal for Derby and has put in impressive performances in his first 5 games but unfortunately, he will be out for 11 days with a foot injury.[/quote']

You should be used to that as an Arsenal Supporter ;)

You should be used to that as an Arsenal Supporter ;)

But I'm used to being in the top four. :D

On other note, I managed to accumulate at least 300 SM Credit from daily logging in and will be using it to extend my current GM (left with 17 days) in order to participate in the World Cup Finals. However, I'll not be guiding Uruguay all the way but I'll be joining Japan and help them qualify and guide them in the Finals in their own home ground. Something to look forward in this setup! :)

Anyway' date=' I managed to accumulate at least 300 SM Credit from daily logging in and will be using it to extend my current GM (left with 17 days) in order to participate in the World Cup Finals. However, I'll not be guiding Uruguay all the way but I'll be joining Japan and help them qualify and guide them in the Finals in their own home ground. Something to look forward in this setup! :)[/quote']

Touche ;) Touche

On other note' date=' I managed to accumulate at least 300 SM Credit from daily logging in and will be using it to extend my current GM (left with 17 days) in order to participate in the World Cup Finals. However, I'll not be guiding Uruguay all the way but I'll be joining Japan and help them qualify and guide them in the Finals in their own home ground. Something to look forward in this setup! :)[/quote']

Hopefully you will be able to qualify for the WC finals. Sitting nice at the top now but its all very close between you lot, Switzerland,Argentina and Macedonia. Wouldnt be the same without the host nation

Hopefully you will be able to qualify for the WC finals. Sitting nice at the top now but its all very close between you lot' date=' Switzerland,Argentina and Macedonia. Wouldnt be the same without the host nation[/quote']

You're right. I'll have to make sure Japan qualify for the World Cup if not it would be awkward if the host couldn't participate the tournament that took place in their own country. SM should put the nation host in the World Cup even though they failed in the qualifying rounds.