English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Thanks James' date=' you won't see a lot of me on the M/R thread but I'll do at least a season :)[/color']

Thats not a problem, I struggle to put out as much as I would want with uni commitments and such, hence why I tried to get more people interested over the summer. Glad you're back and I'll see if I can arrange some deals between us, cant remember us ever selling to each other.

Glad you're back and I'll see if I can arrange some deals between us' date=' cant remember us ever selling to each other.[/quote']

Hmm i think there has been a few...Joe Mattock? , back in season 7/8 ?..:confused:

I've a few offers for John Heitinga, I'm going to give it few days and see how this one works out...but i will be in touch :)

SHEFFIELD UNITED WIN THE SMFA CUP!

Amazing. Crystal Palace made it 1-0 in the 87th minute with a goal to Munoz. I got angry and changed over to Match Report to see we had won 4-3 on penalties.

We replied off the kick-off with Afellay scoring in the 88th minute.

We looked like we had momentum heading into penalties.

The penalties went like

- Milito misses

- Suarez misses (0-0)

-Saviola scores (1-0 Crystal palace)

- Hulk scores (1-1)

- Matavz scores (2-1 crystal palace)

- Raul scores (2-2)

- Fernando scores (3-2 crystal palace)

- Afellay scores (3-3)

- Endo MISSES!

- Ronaldinho SCORES (4-3 SHEFFIELD UNITED)

Man of the match was debutant Hulk!

An enthralling game between Southampton and Preston finishes 3-3. I had a 3-1 lead thanks largely to two assists from Southampton loanee El Sharaawy, only for a late Lionel Messi free kick to bring it level. Good game yap, can't wait to field El Sharaawy in a competitive game.

Change of formation was fantastic for Nottingham Forest.

Couldn't get a RM at short notice so just played Sammy Moore, we completely dominated Wigan in the first half. The 2nd formation change in the 2nd half didnt work out as well as i'd hoped the run of play was all in Wigans favour but still managed to net two more goals.

The game resulted in a 5-2 victory thanks to Steven Pienaar x2 Joe Allen x2 and Steven Fletchers goal.

Hopefully we can carry this into our next friendly fixture at home against Crystal Palace

The offer for Frank LAMPARD of Leicester City from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Very much raiding my old team with the signings of Antonis, Ronaldinho and now Lampard.

Beat out tight competition from Preston. The deal in full:

Lampard = Michel + Mavuba

Texiera on loan

Ait Fana = Ryan + Good + cash

Thrilled with Lampard. Wanted someone to play next to Lucas who was a bit more attacking minded. With a relatively young team as well I thought I would consider an older player as well.

Irony of course is that I spent so long trying to sell him at Leicester and now Im the one buying him.

The front 6 at Leicester now:

Lucas ©- Lampard

Schurrle- Suarez- Hulk

Soldado

I was asleep while you two were negotiating.

Really. We discussed it a day or two ago :)

Your fault for not buying Lampard when I was at Leicester :P

Realised that out of the 11 players that could start the first game of the season there could be as many as 6 debuts.

Really. We discussed it a day or two ago :)

Your fault for not buying Lampard when I was at Leicester :P

Realised that out of the 11 players that could start the first game of the season there could be as many as 6 debuts.

I woke up to see counter offers in my inbox, so you must have at least negotiated once during the night.

Anyway doesn't matter now. Id planned for not signing Lampard so it's not like I'm all of a sudden short in one area, just in future I'd like an equal chance of being able to negotiate. If Johan had got back to me saying Kopstar has offered x amount, can you better it? I could have upped my bid, which I would.

If you want to be able to pick squads for the World Cup, pick a nation by 8pm tonight.