English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Apologies for not being active throughout the last month but thats my busy period of work out the way and I'm looking forward to getting back into the thick of things in here. happy new year you lot;)

Same to you Garry. I'll be more inactive over the next few weeks as my exams start on the 10th til 16th, then I have research project work so probably wont be back to regular posting on the Match Report thread until the end of January.

hahahaha don't ask me how but Portsmouth move up to 11th after a 1-1 draw with leaders Leicester;) do yourselves a favour and look at the stats for this game:eek: and then rub your eyes and look again at the scoreline! hahahaha we even had the man of the match!:D

Beat promotion rivals Coventry 4-1 at Deepdale thanks to braces from El Shaarawy and Gerrard. David Luiz picked up an injury though, so it's fortunate I've switched formations.

Styaed 5th but closed the gap to 3 points after Carlisle lost and Blackburn drew. Good night for me as only QPR ahead of me picked up maximum points.

Now do I stick with 3-5-2 or go back to 4-2-3-1 which got me to the quarter finals of the Shield.

EDIT: How weird, next turn sees hardly any 'six-pointers.' 1st plays 8th, 2nd plays 17th, 3rd plays 18th, 4th plays 16th, 5th plays 19th and 6th plays 12th.

Said to James the other night that i would probably lose to Liverpool and what do you know....a 4th minute Samuel Eto goal was enough to separate the two sides in what was a tight contest.

Drop 4 points off Leyton Orient and Queens Park Rangers and down to 4th on goal difference to Blackburn.

A 3-2 away win at Southend United sees Colchester climb to thirteenth place, now eight points off Bristol City, in the relegation places. Nicolas Anelka scored a hattrick and received the man of the match award for his performance.

We host Derby County in the English Cup Quarter Finals in two days time. Having managed a 3-0 away at Manchester City in the last round, we will be looking to continue our good form in this competition and book a place in the Semi Finals.

A 3-2 away win at Southend United sees Colchester climb to thirteenth place' date=' now eight points off Bristol City, in the relegation places. Nicolas Anelka scored a hattrick and received the man of the match award for his performance.

We host Derby County in the English Cup Quarter Finals in two days time. Having managed a 3-0 away at Manchester City in the last round, we will be looking to continue our good form in this competition and book a place in the Semi Finals.[/quote']

Hope we stay well apart in the Cup, I got pasted by Man City so dont want to face the team that beat them. Unbeaten since you started, apart from the penalties loss.

boaz "Gozzy" solossa was unable to prevent a Plymouth Argyle defeat to Rotherham United.

Plymouth Argyle slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Rotherham United in their Division 3 fixture.

Dropped to 6th

Anyone want Ricardo Quaresma??? Cash or P/E will be considered as long as it's decent offer

Doncaster lose 2-1 away to Fulham, with Dimitri Kombarov getting the consolation goal. The latter had his rating increased to 89 this morning; out of the blue! This was fair result though, as they were better than us as per the stats.

The real bad news is that Cleiton Xavier is now out for 7 weeks with a knee fracture!

Still looking to sell these players:

Guillermo Ochoa - GK 89

Henri Bedimo - D,DM,M(L) 88

Jimmy Briand - AM®,F(RC) 89

Big game for us in the Quarter Finals of the cup tonight. Derby probably do look the better side statistically and as we are without Goran Pandev due to injury, it definitely won't be easy!

It'd be great to get a trophy in my first season, but I'm keeping expectations low, one game at a time. :P

Preston are out of the English Cup in the worst possible fashion, a late winner. I set my team to attack after the 75th minute and it was after that that Tranmere got the majority of their chances, and Roberto Firmino snatched a winner. Well played Tranmere, think I may have deserved to get a penalty shoot-out out of it but now I can concentrate fully on the league.

Reading news -

Thiago Nevas is for sale the Brazilian who is a AM is 27 and a 88 he has played 51 games since joining us but now finally ready too sell due too the signing of Argentina AM Pablo Aimar, looking for around the eight million pound mark so get bidding.

Signing Leigh Griffiths as a free agent. Top scorer in the SPL with a possible permanent move away from Wolves. Even if he ends up signing permanently for Hibs I'm sure he'll be in for a rise. Got a raise to 82 in November so it's a gamble but one I'm willing to take.

Signing Leigh Griffiths as a free agent. Top scorer in the SPL with a possible permanent move away from Wolves. Even if he ends up signing permanently for Hibs I'm sure he'll be in for a rise. Got a raise to 82 in November so it's a gamble but one I'm willing to take.

Such a nice guy off the pitch:rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-striker-leigh-griffiths-set-1503127

Not sure where he is going to end up at though as Hibs cant afford him, Id say back in England somewhere

Such a nice guy off the pitch:rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-striker-leigh-griffiths-set-1503127

Not sure where he is going to end up at though as Hibs cant afford him' date=' Id say back in England somewhere[/quote']

Sterling has a kid already, but it hasnt stopped him. Been linked with a few League One clubs but apparently has a bit of an attitude problem, you have to think why are Wolves prepared to sell him? But I'm willing to take a gamble, and with the 75% sign-on fee I could possibly make a profit without a rise.

Well done to Dean's Derby' date=' despite having more shots on target and more shots overall, we get a thrashing by 3 goals to nil. Good luck in the remaining rounds mate! :)[/quote']

Thanks mate. :) Didn't expect to win as in the past 8 seasons in this competition here, I never reach up to this stage. :o All thanks to Adrian Colunga who's scoring for fun this season. I bought him cos of his scoring record when he was with Sean's Crewe. Absolutely my signing of the season. :D

Delighted to beat Chelsea 5-2 at Stamford Bridge. Remain 4th but close the gap on 2nd placed QPR who could only managed a draw along with top of the table Leyton Orient. Very tight at the top now and as i mentioned in a previous post, prepare to welcome Roman Neustadter and Joel Matip back from long term injuries on Saturday.

16 games to go.