English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Haven't changed mine for the league all season. Team is bonding well!

Had a spell where 4-2-3-1 looked untouchable, then it all seemed to fall apart. Tried taking a leaf out of your 'Park The Bus. Vol I' book, but doesnt play to my teams strengths, Bale really far back and Lennon left out completely.

Had a spell where 4-2-3-1 looked untouchable' date=' then it all seemed to fall apart. Tried taking a leaf out of your 'Park The Bus. Vol I' book, but doesnt play to my teams strengths, Bale really far back and Lennon left out completely.[/quote']

Yeah I understand, don't really have any wingers, so I don't have that worry. Luckily Krasic and Pastore can play in the middle.

Had a spell where 4-2-3-1 looked untouchable' date=' then it all seemed to fall apart. Tried taking a leaf out of your 'Park The Bus. Vol I' book, but doesnt play to my teams strengths, Bale really far back and Lennon left out completely.[/quote']

You need to play a formation for a sustained period (as well as have the right tactics to go with it). And I think a fit team rather than starting anyone at 92 or 94 percent fitness.

You need to play a formation for a sustained period (as well as have the right tactics to go with it). And I think a fit team rather than starting anyone at 92 or 94 percent fitness.

I agree with what you're saying, played 4-2-3-1 for the majority of the season but went a few weeks without a win, then beat Coventry with 3-5-2. And this is the first season where I've played my top rated players at <90% fit.

So indecisive about tomorrow's game that I've changed the formation three times today!

unfortunately' date=' you chose wrong :P

Preston 2-3 Liverpool

Liverpool played there typical possession pass and move football to great effect and come away from Deepdale with 3 points.

Di Maria, Etoo (16th of the season) and Korean whizzkid Heung-min Son with our strikes.

Á.DI MARIA 23

A.LENNON 31

S.ETO'O 33

H.SON 60

S.GERRARD 85

Plymouth beat Garry 2-1 i dramatic way after Zarate and Bulut,two substitutes scoring 2 goals in last 15 minutes to turn 0-1 defeat to 2-1 victory. Up to 3rd but only 4 points separated top 7 in Division 3 so we need to keep up our good form

Niall Taylor was unable to prevent a Manchester United defeat to Watford.

Manchester United slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat against Watford in their Division 1 fixture.

Hernandez was on the scoresheet for his side.

Not sure what happened there!:eek: Well done Watford!

Man U on the look out for a AM 91+ anyone selling??

Despite a late goal from Scouse legend Steven Gerrard, Preston lost 3-2 to Liverpool. I'm resigned to losing Bellamy as I can't afford to play him to bring his concerns down. If he gets to concern level 5 you can't offer part ex so if you want him, I'll consider part ex if it's a decent player.

Sean Oneill steered Crystal Palace to victory against fierce rivals Millwall in the South London Derby.

Crystal Palace beat Millwall 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Mcgeady scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Navas and Thiago were also amongst the goalscorers.

Not a bad start to the Palace job :) Managed to drag myself off the bottom already! Only the 8 points away from safety now ;)

Derby County beat Leicester City 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Huntelaar scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Honda was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Derby are closing the gap with the current top spot Charlton Athletic to 2 points only.

Perez Alberto retiring at the end of the season, which I'm unaware of. Does anyone know?

Derby County beat Leicester City 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Huntelaar scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Honda was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Derby are closing the gap with the current top spot Charlton Athletic to 2 points only.

Perez Alberto retiring at the end of the season' date=' which I'm unaware of. Does anyone know?[/quote']

no such player exists in real life. check his birthday.

the Sevilla player Alberto is Alberto Moreno.

need ratings but just not going to change up the 23 and under philosophy im playin with in here at city after the rebuild :) ..

expect another gud few seasons in bottom tier but its Bradford so I can cope haha :) ..

rare victory.. beat unmanaged Swansea 4-1 :) ..

Quick review of Nottingham Forests time in 2012

Was having a brilliant season, but the last few performances have been below par.

Baldock is finally off my wage bill for £4m.

Jordi Gomez was a decent signing for last year, although Simon Rolfes was the best signing of 2012.

Steven Fletcher has stepped up to provide some crucial goals, Oscar has been brilliant so far on loan from Norwich City.

Yannick Bolasie seems to be my best cheap signing of 2012 signed him at £803k and after a +5 rating on the 4th January 2013 he is now worth £2.9M.

Christian Benteke has provided 3 goals, 3 assists, 2 MOTM performances with an average performance of 7.69

27th January 2012 I sold myself short at RB when i sold Gaston Diaz to RC Lens before his rating dropped. So i swapped him for Chris Gunter who has failed to step up and is now covering the injured Clichy at LB. But then Loureiro Allan (who i had signed for £3.6m in December 2011) After a year he rose to a rating of 86 making himself a regular player in the RB slot, with Jeffrey Bruma my back up.

Lukas Van Eeno has begun to try to secure a regular postion on the field. He started 4 games from the bench and another 4 in the starting XI.

Thats all for now don't want to bore you all! If anyone is actually interested in me doing a monthly report on the team leave me a VM or a PM or just quote this post!

Quick review of Nottingham Forests time in 2012

Was having a brilliant season' date=' but the last few performances have been below par.

Baldock is finally off my wage bill for £4m.

Jordi Gomez was a decent signing for last year, although Simon Rolfes was the best signing of 2012.

Steven Fletcher has stepped up to provide some crucial goals, Oscar has been brilliant so far on loan from Norwich City.

Yannick Bolasie seems to be my best cheap signing of 2012 signed him at £803k and after a +5 rating on the 4th January 2013 he is now worth £2.9M.

Christian Benteke has provided 3 goals, 3 assists, 2 MOTM performances with an average performance of 7.69

27th January 2012 I sold myself short at RB when i sold Gaston Diaz to RC Lens before his rating dropped. So i swapped him for Chris Gunter who has failed to step up and is now covering the injured Clichy at LB. But then Loureiro Allan (who i had signed for £3.6m in December 2011) After a year he rose to a rating of 86 making himself a regular player in the RB slot, with Jeffrey Bruma my back up.

Lukas Van Eeno has begun to try to secure a regular postion on the field. He started 4 games from the bench and another 4 in the starting XI.

Thats all for now don't want to bore you all! [b']If anyone is actually interested in me doing a monthly report on the team[/b] leave me a VM or a PM or just quote this post!

I would mate....always like to see how peoples teams are progressing.

may even write up a little report of my own later when the Mrs goes to bed (and stops giving me bad looks for being on here on a saturday night :P)

I would mate....always like to see how peoples teams are progressing.

may even write up a little report of my own later when the Mrs goes to bed (and stops giving me bad looks for being on here on a saturday night :P)

Probably giving you the dirty's because your a day behind Gary ;)

In palace news..

The offer for Carlos TÉVEZ of Millwall from Crystal Palace has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Mattia DESTRO + Alcántara THIAGO - Accepted.

Im sure people will be saying your giving away too much talent blah blah.. but i like Tevez, he's exactly what i need to stay up him and Milito up front, plus his scoring record is insane looking at his stats :P

Very easy and swift deal with tony!

as a fellow father you know that knowing which day it is' date=' is not possible anymore.

I am now sad that I am one day closer to 30 than I thought I was[/quote']

Sadly this is true...

Quite a few times ive found my self waking up at 5/6am, showering, shaving etc etc only to realise ive got the bloody day off work and muddled my days up :(:P