Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Welcome Terence. I remember the name' date=' what team have you been? I'm Preston and I'm looking to do deals.[/quote']

I'm stoke just trying to wok this game out again

I have about 90 players I need to get shot of about 40/50 just to bring the wages under control :o

I'm stoke just trying to wok this game out again

I have about 90 players I need to get shot of about 40/50 just to bring the wages under control :o

But have you had a team in 106 before? Seem to remember the name.

But have you had a team in 106 before? Seem to remember the name.

Yeah I think so but I've been off for about 2 years and lots of the game has changed since then

Looking at my wage bill I'm gonna be skintight in about a month unless I can shift some dead wood

Not a rating change, but an important change for me. Johnson and Enrique can now play down each flank. Johnson cant play right-wing but can play right-mid, which is fine by me. Kevin Mirallas got an unexpected rise to 89 too which is a bonus.

Not a rating change' date=' but an important change for me. Johnson and Enrique can now play down each flank. Johnson cant play right-wing but can play right-mid, which is fine by me. Kevin Mirallas got an unexpected rise to 89 too which is a bonus.[/quote']

Bale rose too mind!

Bale rose too mind!

Oh, the list has grown since I posted early this morning.

Bale rises to a 93, don't know what rating Cole was when I had him but Bale could be my best rated player ever. Fellaini's rise also rules out a move from me, can hardly afford his minimum chairmans valuation now.

Picked up stoke city

First time on the game in a couple of years looking to get back in to SM and remember this gameworld so lucky to get a team

Welcome.

I'v just rejected the Wigan job, so free for anyone to take now.

BvB08PoUlIc

Skip to 1:10

"Michu all the way!"

Hopefully that video starts at the right part of the song.

Michu is signing for Preston, with Andy Carroll going the other way plus £4m. Sorry to see Carroll leave as he's done quite well at Preston and he was part of my younger revolution, but you can't turn down the opportunity to sign Michu.

A definite riser in the future. Rated 75 but started 29 out of 34 games for mid-table side Kashima Antlers. Their top-rated players are on 86.

I think this should be a certainty. He has really shone in an average Kashima side, earned his first call up to the national squad as well as being man of the match and pretty much winning the Japanese Cup for Kashima on his own. AT just 20 this kid has such a bright future ahead of him.

"We all dream of a team of Carragher's"

CARRAGHER tries a crack from long range.

GOAL!! - The ball sails in past the despairing dive of the FORSTER.

A long range strike from Jamie Carragher of all people proves decisive as Preston beat Birmingham 1-0.

Also SM's grammar sucks.

Lost 0-1 to my former club Charlton Athletic. I'll be looking to change my attacking options real soon. Huntelaar seems to have lost his scoring touch this season. Same goes to the rest except Mpala who's currently injured.

In previous years, (with the help of Phillip Gibbon) an annual awards ceremony would be held to reward managers and players for good performances throughout the year. However due to a lack of demand and Phil leaving we havent done one in a while....

And we won't now. Sorry buy way too busy with other things to take on that mantle. But just for a bit of fun, I'm going to put forward my suggestions for various awards. Remember its just for fun, no quarreling over picks ;)

For Manager of the Season, it's quite a tough pick. Dermo could yet win his 2nd Div 1 title in successive seasons. Zak has taken Leyton Orient from Champions of Div 3 to within a whisker of Div 1 football in two seasons. Chris Goes (chelsea1992) has been in and around the Div 4 promotion places all season, on a fairly limited budget. However the winner of Manager of the Season is a manager I earmarked for the award before Christmas. A manager who has stuck to his own beliefs season after season, and hasn't fallen into the trap of making numerous changes when promoted. My pick is Tony Harman at Millwall. Dave Izod's shoes are big shoes to fill, but he's more than done that, won Div 2 and taken Millwall to within a whisker of European football.

Player of the Season is a tougher pick, as I dont observe many players outside my own. I've narrowed it down to a shortlist featuring a player from each division. Firstly, Lionel Messi. His goal record for Southampton is insane, 122 in 150 games. God knows what he would have if he hadnt got injured early in February.

If I could vote for my own players, Id nominate Gerrard, but I'll leave him out. Apart from him, I'd probably vote for Welliton at Coventry. It's safe to say Coventry wouldnt be in the top 6 if it wasnt for him, and hoepfully for Wayne Harman his drop to 88 doesn't make much difference. Havign a prolific scorer means more than anything, and I blame my lack of goals for my poor performance this season.

For Div 3, I've opted for a keeper, in Plymouth's Diego Alves. Plymouth are one of only 3 teams (the other being Huddersfield and Walsall) to have conceded less goals than they have played games, and thats mainly down to Alves and his defence.

For Div 4 I got lazy and just used the highest average performance player, Patrick Helmes of Bournemouth. However it surprised me that he has achieved an average of 8.00! So if he got a 6 he must have got a 10 to balance it out. This was over 31 games too, so it was no fluke.

In conclusion, I think there could only be one winner, and no surprises its Lionel Messi

Was going to add a few more categories like Young Player, Bargain Buy etc. but Im running a bit short of time so I've skipped to my last award which is Most entertaining team award. What I've done is added together the total goals for and goals against for each league team in the top half of each table. The largest total wins. And the winner is Millwall, with a total of 135 goals in matches involving the Lions. Leeds Utd were close behind with 120 goals, and they have a better GD than Millwall.

Would like to see your opinions, you dont need to go into as much depth as me.

Great post James,it's even better when i see Plymouth player in there :P . I think it has been best season SO FAR for me at 106 with consistent results and i think you are right,Alves (his rise to 90 helps) and my solid defence has contributed big this season.

It's nice to see this kind of post back though. It reminds me to old days of 106

Excellent post James great read!

Lost, again. Haven't checked but probably out of the auto promotion spots now. Putting it down to fitness, gonna rest the first team midweek try and get them fit for the final run in.

Going to try something new on the MR thread. Would like some feedback on it please.

Hope you guys like it! I personally dont like the big wall of text but there's nothing I can do about it. When I read it, I read it in a 'Jim White' voice.

Bristol City need a manager. A manager who wont take one luck at their league position and immediately quit (hintitty hint hint!)

Best players include Oscar Cardozo, Bas Dost, Mbark Boussoufa, Sergey Ignashevich and Stephane Ruffier. They're 18th in Division 3 with 5 games left, 1 point from saefty.

Notts County and Barnsley also free.

Going to try something new on the MR thread. Would like some feedback on it please.

Hope you guys like it! I personally dont like the big wall of text but there's nothing I can do about it. When I read it' date=' I read it in a 'Jim White' voice.[/quote']

Great work James, as always. Really enjoyed reading it.:)