English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

I have the job offer for Brighton. They are 10th and set for a mid-table finish with three games left. Going off their last game, here is their best players in a 4-5-1:

GK: Mariano Andujar

LB: Jeremy Mathieu

RB: Martin Caceres

CB: Dmitro Chygrynyski

CB: Nivaldo Jardel

LM: Eduardo Salvio

RM: Bruno Cesar

CM: Javi Garcia

CM: Adrien Silva

CAM: Ola Toivonen

ST: Mamadou Niang

Have a squad of 44 players from 90-74 rated, most Portuguese and Portuguese league players, and have £1.9m to spend.

I haven't made a post on the transfer/gossip thread in years so I decided to post there after my favourite player came out of retirement. I did it from my phone so hopefully it looks okay lol. With 3 games left we are in the play-offs but ill still try to finish as high as I can with my Leicester.

Very frustrating 3-3 draw away to Brighton. Having lead three times (with two freekicks from David Beckham) Brighton pulled us back on every occasion. What's more, Martin Kelly picked up an injury which will rule him out of the play-offs.

Dropped a place to 6th, with any lingering title or automatic promotion aspirations gone. :(

Southend 2-2 Brentford

Very annoyed to take a point from yet ANOTHER match in which we have been by FAR the better side.

Bannan and Matuidi rescued a point but we should have had all three.

Getting very tired of my run in soccer manager through all of my 12 game worlds. I seem to be dominating matches but losing or drawing :eek:

Very frustrating 3-3 draw away to Brighton. Having lead three times (with two freekicks from David Beckham) Brighton pulled us back on every occasion. What's more' date=' Martin Kelly picked up an injury which will rule him out of the play-offs.

Dropped a place to 6th, with any lingering title or automatic promotion aspirations gone. :([/quote']

On the bright side though with play-offs assured you can now rest some players for your last 2 games ;)

Southend 2-2 Brentford

Very annoyed to take a point from yet ANOTHER match in which we have been by FAR the better side.

Bannan and Matuidi rescued a point but we should have had all three.

Getting very tired of my run in soccer manager through all of my 12 game worlds. I seem to be dominating matches but losing or drawing :eek:

Daz I think your experiences in other gameworlds must be skewing the reality of 106 for you - I was very surprised at your interpretation of the match.

I could say I'm very annoyed myself at dropping 2 points at home to a team in 16th place when we're going for auto-promotion, but I suppose I could give you credit for being plucky and coming back twice from a losing position :P

I had a goal chopped off for offside, but gained a penalty that I perhaps shouldn't have had so fair enough.

It must be the stats that tell you that you were 'by FAR' the better side? :confused:

Well you had 54% possession to my 46% and 12 shots on target to my 5 so hardly the 70 - 30 possession split i've seen in some games.

In your previous game against Brighton you had 6 shots on target to their 4 but had the lesser possession at only 43%, and previous to that you had 53% possession against Reading but mustered 2 shots on target to their 8 so I don't know where this idea that you're dominating teams is coming from... :o

Oh and prior to the three most recent games you won three on the trot so you're actually 6th in the form table, so don't be too down-hearted :)

A piece of constructive criticism: if you feel like you're dominating teams but not finishing them off then (despite his goals) maybe 86-rated Baros as a lone target man in a 4-3-3 playing more times than not against defenders and goalkeepers rated 88+ needs to be looked at for next season.

Just don't do anything rash, 106 has lost enough quality folk recently :)

boaz "Gozzy" solossa earned a draw with Plymouth Argyle against Nottingham Forest.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Plymouth Argyle and Nottingham Forest in their Division 3 fixture.

Podolski had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

We are still on 2nd position with 2 games left,but it's still not certain we'll get automatic promotion as 3rd place Charlton is still 3 points behind us.

Ciani (88 rated CB) is available. He'll go to external for 7.5m if no one contact me in forum or in game

For the last few weeks since returning to Soccermanager I have been interested in joining EC106, I have been for a while but with the setup being very full I have always struggled to join it but this setup along with EC7777 have been championships that I have been interested due to its activeness on there threads but luckily today I have looked to see if there are any clubs and Peterborough were available so I have took them over. :)

Peterborough with 2 games to go left of this season are currently lying 15th in Division 4, I am interested in doing some transfer deals but I am unsure whether there are any players that will be of any interest to you guys.

Anyway, I'm quite looking forward to competing in this setup. :)

For the last few weeks since returning to Soccermanager I have been interested in joining EC106' date=' I have been for a while but with the setup being very full I have always struggled to join it but this setup along with EC7777 have been championships that I have been interested due to its activeness on there threads but luckily today I have looked to see if there are any clubs and Peterborough were available so I have took them over. :)

Peterborough with 2 games to go left of this season are currently lying 15th in Division 4, I am interested in doing some transfer deals but I am unsure whether there are any players that will be of any interest to you guys.

Anyway, I'm quite looking forward to competing in this setup. :)[/quote']

Great. Welcome to EC106 Dale! :)

Oh and btw, Huntelaar hit his 6th league goal to give Derby a much needed 3 points in a match against Shorpe United. Derby moved out of relegation zone with only 1 point separating us with 18th place Hull City.

On the bright side though with play-offs assured you can now rest some players for your last 2 games ;)

Daz I think your experiences in other gameworlds must be skewing the reality of 106 for you - I was very surprised at your interpretation of the match.

I could say I'm very annoyed myself at dropping 2 points at home to a team in 16th place when we're going for auto-promotion' date=' but I suppose I could give you credit for being plucky and coming back twice from a losing position :P

I had a goal chopped off for offside, but gained a penalty that I perhaps shouldn't have had so fair enough.

It must be the stats that tell you that you were 'by FAR' the better side? :confused:

Well you had 54% possession to my 46% and 12 shots on target to my 5 so hardly the 70 - 30 possession split i've seen in some games.

In your previous game against Brighton you had 6 shots on target to their 4 but had the lesser possession at only 43%, and previous to that you had 53% possession against Reading but mustered 2 shots on target to their 8 so I don't know where this idea that you're dominating teams is coming from... :o

Oh and prior to the three most recent games you won three on the trot so you're actually 6th in the form table, so don't be too down-hearted :)

A piece of constructive criticism: if you feel like you're dominating teams but not finishing them off then (despite his goals) maybe 86-rated Baros as a lone target man in a 4-3-3 playing more times than not against defenders and goalkeepers rated 88+ needs to be looked at for next season.

Just don't do anything rash, 106 has lost enough quality folk recently :)[/quote']

Many thanks for your opinions that look to be trying to make me look an idiot.

I didn't say that in any of my previous particular matches I had been the better side, I stated 'yet again' which doesn't mention any previous particular matches or indeed timescale.

For a team in 16th place, away from home and desperate for points I would say restricting a side riding high up in the league to so few chances whilst creating more than double the amount of opportunities whilst being superior in possession is being by far and away the better side in the match. Your comments regarding why you may have felt aggrieved by the result are motivated by the ratings and league position beforehand, whereas mine are motivated by the performance (or in your sides case - underperformance) of my side.

Oh and I don't think keeping a proven goalscorer on the bench when you are in a relegation dogfight is wise, regardless of the ratings. If he continues to score, he will continue to play. Not really sure why it is of your concern to offer criticism of my side when not asked but thanks for the input nonetheless.

Given the length of time I have been with Brentford, I don't think I made any indication of doing anything 'rash' either. Just that I was experiencing some poor results given the performances my sides seem to be giving and I shared my disappointment with the forum. It is a little disappointing to see members go through club matches of other teams to mock others opinions on their clubs fortunes.

I didn't say that in any of my previous particular matches I had been the better side' date=' I stated 'yet again' which doesn't mention any previous particular matches or indeed timescale.

For a team in 16th place, away from home and desperate for points I would say restricting a side riding high up in the league to so few chances whilst creating more than double the amount of opportunities whilst being superior in possession is being by far and away the better side in the match. Your comments regarding why you may have felt aggrieved by the result are motivated by the ratings and league position beforehand, whereas mine are motivated by the performance (or in your sides case - underperformance) of my side.

Oh and I don't think keeping a proven goalscorer on the bench when you are in a relegation dogfight is wise, regardless of the ratings. If he continues to score, he will continue to play. Not really sure why it is of your concern to offer criticism of my side when not asked but thanks for the input nonetheless.

Given the length of time I have been with Brentford, I don't think I made any indication of doing anything 'rash' either. Just that I was experiencing some poor results given the performances my sides seem to be giving and I shared my disappointment with the forum. It is a little disappointing to see members go through club matches of other teams to mock others opinions on their clubs fortunes.[/quote']

I think you're being a bit harsh to Machine. He was only offering constructive criticism, and the two formations cancel each other out, so there was no clear favourite for the victory. As far as proven goalscorer vs rating, I'd err on the side of rating over past history in the setup. Nugent was a regular scorer back in the day when teams were more balanced, but I wouldn't buy him back and put him in the team over Jovetic or Michu today. Baros has scored 10+ goals in all but one season at Brentford, but from the handful of games I looked at (not wanting to technically analyze every game) the goals:shots on target ratio is about 1 in 4/5. Now I dont write the code, but if the game is as predictable as I think it is, a better rated player as a lone front man would bring that down to 1 in 2/3. Thats just my opinion.

Quick question, what would people's opinions be of forming an EC106 chatroom? Obviously it would be moderated and invite only, but it could help build bridges in 106. Currently I only regularly chat to Dave Belkevitz and Wayne Harman as they are the only names that appear on my in-game chat, and I think that's because some people have their chat defaulted at Offline.

I think you're being a bit harsh to Machine. He was only offering constructive criticism' date=' and the two formations cancel each other out, so there was no clear favourite for the victory. As far as proven goalscorer vs rating, I'd err on the side of rating over past history in the setup. Nugent was a regular scorer back in the day when teams were more balanced, but I wouldn't buy him back and put him in the team over Jovetic or Michu today. Baros has scored 10+ goals in all but one season at Brentford, but from the handful of games I looked at (not wanting to technically analyze every game) the goals:shots on target ratio is about 1 in 4/5. Now I dont write the code, but if the game is as predictable as I think it is, a better rated player as a lone front man would bring that down to 1 in 2/3. Thats just my opinion.

[b']Quick question, what would people's opinions be of forming an EC106 chatroom? Obviously it would be moderated and invite only, but it could help build bridges in 106. Currently I only regularly chat to Dave Belkevitz and Wayne Harman as they are the only names that appear on my in-game chat, and I think that's because some people have their chat defaulted at Offline.[/b]

You are of course entitled to your opinion, it came across as patronising to me which is why I took exception to it. It's the last I will be saying on the matter as I am not interested in any exchange, said my bit and that's the end of it for me.

My own personal opinion is that ratings are not always that way for a lone striker. I have tried higher rated players in this position across a few worlds as I favour 4-3-3w predominately as a formation. I have a few 'Milan Baros' players out there who outscore their higher rated team mates. Yes as a general rule I would prefer higher rated players in every position but if a striker puts it in the net for me, I will be happy to play him until they no longer hit a decent ratio.

110 goals in 245 appearances for Brentford overall not bad B) (yes I appreciate its between ratings of 86-89)

926303.jpg

Ireland have done it!!

Qualified for the World Cup Finals by the bare skin of my teeth. Needed a win in Argentina and got that, plus more. A 4-0 victory saw us leapfrog both Cameroon and Korea into 2nd place.

Let the celebrations commence!

No' date=' I was pointing out that in your recent EC106 games you haven't been hard done by given the stats, team ratings, form etc so there was no reason to beat yourself up for results and feel down-hearted with 106.

It's only your reaction that has made you look an idiot :P

For a team in 16th place, away from home and desperate for points I would say restricting a side riding high up in the league to so few chances whilst creating more than double the amount of opportunities whilst being superior in possession is being by far and away the better side in the match.

We can agree to disagree on that but given everything you've said you had to overcome you'd think coming from behind twice to snatch a 80th minute equaliser that you'd be happy, instead you are 'very annoyed' :rolleyes:

Not really sure why it is of your concern to offer criticism of my side when not asked but thanks for the input nonetheless.

You came on to a public forum where you stated directly to fellow EC106 managers that you seem to be 'dominating' matches but keep losing or drawing.

You seem to favour a 4-3-3 where the target man will be crucial in converting your 'dominating' play into goals.

Your chosen player in that role is one of your weakest players rating-wise in your first XI' date=' and is below the average rating of the defences/ goalkeepers of most teams in D2.

I only suggested this could be the cause of your woes, and that playing a stronger player there next season might get you a better conversion rate.

Not entirely sure why you bothered posting if you didn't want anyone to try and help :confused::o

Given the length of time I have been with Brentford, I don't think I made any indication of doing anything 'rash' either. Just that I was experiencing some poor results given the performances my sides seem to be giving and I shared my disappointment with the forum.

You said you were getting tired of your run in SM through all your gameworlds; this set alarm bells ringing as I didn't want anyone else who I had considered to be important to 106 to leave, which is what prompted me to check out your recent 106 results as I was sure that they hadn't been that bad.

I wasn't suggesting you were the type to chuck a team because of a few bad results, I was concerned that your results elsewhere on SM were clouding your view of 106 and grinding down your SM enjoyment to the point where you might start considering leaving Brentford - hence my saying don't do anything rash.

It is a little disappointing to see members go through club matches of other teams to mock others opinions on their clubs fortunes.

I agree.

If however a fellow manager chose to take time out to look at my results in order to highlight to me that actually results weren't that bad (done because said manager was concerned that I might leave the gameworld), and then offered a solution to a SM problem that I was having and had openly mentioned on the forum, then to be honest I would be grateful for their time and the thought.

But then you see I'm a glass half-full kinda guy whereas you seem to be hyper-sensitive if not a little paranoid.

I sincerely hope your results pick up and that your 'dominating' of games gets you the goals you need to stay up - you've already stated that you won't be saying anything else on this and for my part I'm very glad to just draw a line under it.

I like to see these kinds of arguments on the 106 thread. Just like it was in many years ago. I assume Huddersfield Town have sold off some of their best players by now. Oh, the times I had building up that team. :)

No' date=' I was pointing out that in your recent EC106 games you haven't been hard done by given the stats, team ratings, form etc so there was no reason to beat yourself up for results and feel down-hearted with 106.

It's only your reaction that has made you look an idiot :P

We can agree to disagree on that but given everything you've said you had to overcome you'd think coming from behind twice to snatch a 80th minute equaliser that you'd be happy, instead you are 'very annoyed' :rolleyes:

You came on to a public forum where you stated directly to fellow EC106 managers that you seem to be 'dominating' matches but keep losing or drawing.

You seem to favour a 4-3-3 where the target man will be crucial in converting your 'dominating' play into goals.

Your chosen player in that role is one of your weakest players rating-wise in your first XI, and is below the average rating of the defences/ goalkeepers of most teams in D2.

I only suggested this could be the cause of your woes, and that playing a stronger player there next season might get you a better conversion rate.

Not entirely sure why you bothered posting if you didn't want anyone to try and help :confused::o

You said you were getting tired of your run in SM through all your gameworlds; this set alarm bells ringing as I didn't want anyone else who I had considered to be important to 106 to leave, which is what prompted me to check out your recent 106 results as I was sure that they hadn't been that bad.

I wasn't suggesting you were the type to chuck a team because of a few bad results, I was concerned that your results elsewhere on SM were clouding your view of 106 and grinding down your SM enjoyment to the point where you might start considering leaving Brentford - hence my saying don't do anything rash.

I agree.

If however a fellow manager chose to take time out to look at my results in order to highlight to me that actually results weren't that bad (done because said manager was concerned that I might leave the gameworld), and then offered a solution to a SM problem that I was having and had openly mentioned on the forum, then to be honest I would be grateful for their time and the thought.

But then you see I'm a glass half-full kinda guy whereas you seem to be hyper-sensitive if not a little paranoid.

I sincerely hope your results pick up and that your 'dominating' of games gets you the goals you need to stay up - you've already stated that you won't be saying anything else on this and for my part I'm very glad to just draw a line under it.[/quote']

I agree. But perhaps next time you want to offer an opinion you could be less patronizing about it. I see stats every match on all worlds i am in, you actually checked (a small percentage in relation to the big picture) to see if you could pick apart my opinion.

I shared my frustration on the forum, I won't bother in future to ensure nobody takes it the wrong way then. No paranoid, just say it as I see it. Good luck with promotion.

If we can beat already relegated Everton in tonights game, I will be guaranteed a play off spot. if this happens then I will be playing a severly weekened side to rest players ahead of the playoffs.

hopfully all works out well, at some point in tonights game 3 players will make there Nottingham Forest Debut.

Forgive me if you think i'm getting ahead of myself, but IF we do win tonight ill be looking at opinions on which non-starting XI players should play on the final league game before the playoffs. I don't do an awful lot of interaction with fellow ec106 managers and with others possibly putting input into this "weakened team" it will hopefully be a start.

EDIT: got a reply to my ticket regarding the Shawcross + Tosic + £3m for Perotti. Apparently they have reviewed everything and believe there has been no bug involved. So the report has now been closed.... so basicall they can accept my deals for me, whether or not it helps my team it does not matter, they receive reports about it and basically say we are not going to do anything about it. thank god I don't pay for my gold membership anymore!!!

So yes that will be a starting XI and Subs bench. I'll go through to see which players are repeated by different managers.

Forgive me if you think i'm getting ahead of myself' date=' but IF we do win tonight ill be looking at opinions on which non-starting XI players should play on the final league game before the playoffs. I don't do an awful lot of interaction with fellow ec106 managers and with others possibly putting input into this "weakened team" it will hopefully be a start.[/quote']

Im not sure if this is what you meant, but I'll mention it anyway.

Personally I rest the entire starting XI ahead of the play-offs, although you can afford to play some if you then don't play them in the semis. With me qualifying for the play-offs relatively early, I have been playing players with 3 or more yellow cards to their name to try and get their suspension out of the way before the play-offs, however from tonight I wont risk anyone with 3 or 4 yellows. Some people may find it a bit unfair that I play a weakened team, but in my eyes my second team isnt much weaker, and in my case, I play Southend who are directly up against me for the play-offs.

Kevin Junior steered Chelsea to victory against Leicester City.

Chelsea beat Leicester City 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Damião scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Schürrle and Reus were also amongst the goalscorers.

Amazing win.

Preston move up to 5th with a 2-1 victory over Southend. Michu and Kevin Mirallas scored either side of a Sofiane Feghouli free-kick. In a possible dress rehearsal for the play-offs, Preston enjoyed vast amounts of possession and forced Sven Ulreich into action with every shot. Lucas Biglia will miss the play-offs though with a broken metatarsal! Sorry no match report tonight, got a wedding in the morning (not my own)

Niall Taylor was unable to prevent a Manchester United defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.

Manchester United slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 1 fixture.

Sánchez was on the scoresheet for his side.

Poor result, poor season, alot of changes in the squad though, will be alot of sales at end of season, squad getting cut.