English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Derby County were held 2-2 draw with AFC Bournemouth. Diego Capel and Jack Wilshere on target. Moved up to 16th but still not safe from the last spot of relegation zone. It'll be between Derby, Rochdale and Hull City who will be battling out for the safe 2 spots to remain in Division 3.

Drew 2-2 again, awful from me, dragged Ipswich down since I took charge and very annoyed, feel hard done by in some games but got to do better. Next season I´ll hopefully get some momentum.

Lost out on signing Ghilas as I was only allowed to offer £8.5m but for some reason, Colchester are allowed to offer £10.8m!!! Doesn't seem fair the way the transfer system is working these days. :(

Birmingham would have beaten me by a horrifying £26k anyway but it's a bit demotivating to keep finding a couple of players only to be denied them through no fault of your own.

My own personal opinion is that you should be able to bid what you like for an external player, surely it is down to your own stupidity if you want to bankrupt your side by vastly overpaying for players. It could also help out with the issue surrounding money being worthless. Ok in the short term the guys with inflated balances will be happy paying crazy cash but it can't continue in a game world such as this as there is so much competition for rising talent that eventually the money would dry out.

Lost out on signing Ghilas as I was only allowed to offer £8.5m but for some reason' date=' Colchester are allowed to offer £10.8m!!! Doesn't seem fair the way the transfer system is working these days. :(

Birmingham would have beaten me by a horrifying £26k anyway but it's a bit demotivating to keep finding a couple of players only to be denied them through no fault of your own.

My own personal opinion is that you should be able to bid what you like for an [i']external[/i] player, surely it is down to your own stupidity if you want to bankrupt your side by vastly overpaying for players. It could also help out with the issue surrounding money being worthless. Ok in the short term the guys with inflated balances will be happy paying crazy cash but it can't continue in a game world such as this as there is so much competition for rising talent that eventually the money would dry out.

Clubs with bigger stadiums will always have more money thus can sustain high wages, my balance at Man U is just silly, even when i spend cash i just get it back after a few games

Lost out on signing Ghilas as I was only allowed to offer £8.5m but for some reason' date=' Colchester are allowed to offer £10.8m!!! Doesn't seem fair the way the transfer system is working these days. :(

[b']My own personal opinion is that you should be able to bid what you like for an external player,[/b] surely it is down to your own stupidity if you want to bankrupt your side by vastly overpaying for players. It could also help out with the issue surrounding money being worthless. Ok in the short term the guys with inflated balances will be happy paying crazy cash but it can't continue in a game world such as this as there is so much competition for rising talent that eventually the money would dry out.

It'll be crazy idea,especially in GW where some people tend to quit when everything not going their way. It will kill the club itself

Is there any advantage to finishing as high up in the play-off places as possible? As in real life the 3rd and 4th placed teams in the league get the home leg second, but on the game the semi's are just one leg. With victory over Barnsley I could potentially finish 3rd, but as Barnsley have nothing to play for I could just play a reserve team and have my first team fighting fit for the play-offs.

Is there any advantage to finishing as high up in the play-off places as possible? As in real life the 3rd and 4th placed teams in the league get the home leg second' date=' but on the game the semi's are just one leg. With victory over Barnsley I could potentially finish 3rd, but as Barnsley have nothing to play for I could just play a reserve team and have my first team fighting fit for the play-offs.[/quote']

You, me, and Leicester are all playing teams who have nothing to play for so we can all play a 2nd XI with no controversy.

Coventry though are playing Reading who could still survive so out of respect to other relegation-threatened teams there will be an expectation that Coventry should play a strong team... but personally I think they'd be entitled to rest their better players.

It's a strange situation as I've never before seen all play-off spots wrapped up with a game to spare.

Unless you think home advantage matters then the only bonus I can see in finishing as high up as possible is pride and a few extra thousand in cash but others might have a different opinion.

Sad to hear about Benitez passing away, not long sold him for £17M. Upsetting and worry at the things happening to "young" players, including Fabrice Muamba even if that was a while ago. It was still a event that rocked the footballing world.

On a different note does anyone not think the Arsenal + Cardiff deal for Moses is a bit strange? Just £8m?

Is there any advantage to finishing as high up in the play-off places as possible? As in real life the 3rd and 4th placed teams in the league get the home leg second' date=' but on the game the semi's are just one leg. With victory over Barnsley I could potentially finish 3rd, but as Barnsley have nothing to play for I could just play a reserve team and have my first team fighting fit for the play-offs.[/quote']

not sure mate I was thinking the same thing.

Also im hoping u and Coventry go through to the final. Would be close to be like our first season here in 106

On a different note does anyone not think the Arsenal + Cardiff deal for Moses is a bit strange? Just £8m?

I wondered but just assumed it would be part of a bigger transfer deal. If it's not then I want to do some deals with Arsenal if they are selling players for that kinda money :D

Preston play Barnsley tonight with qualification to the playoffs assured and Barnsley have nothing but pride to play for. Preston field a reserve team, but a strong one. Seb Larsson makes his debut having joined from Colchester, and Luis Muriel makes his debut up front after his loan from Arsenal went through, a loan which may be extended through to next season.

Im going to attempt a Gillette Soccer Saturday-esque Matchcast tonight for the games in Division Two, as there is still a lot to play for. Sorry that I cant do all four leagues, there would just be too much to write about. It's very optimistic, possibly the hardest thing I've written for 106, and I don't know if it will look good just written, as obviously the show is spoken. So if I abandon it, I will post here that I've 'canned' it, if not expect a post on the 106 M/R thread around 9.30 to 10pm GMT. Good luck everyone!

After losing 2 play off finals 2 seasons on the run, another set of play offs looked on the cards...to my surprise I ended 2nd on the final day. Onwards to the promised land!

Just checked. Unlucky Plymouth, beaten by the league winners and 1 goal difference sends them to 3rd.

So,after spending most time this season lead the Division 3,Plymouth spoil the automatic promotion again in the end. Lose from Division 3 Champion,Tranmere when Charlton win the game so i end up 3rd. Now,watch me lose in the play off and another season in Division 3 for me