English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

First season in Division one see's Leyton Orient finish 3rd, which is massive for us although we did throw away the title.

Great season though, not been as active lately cut down to two teams from like 20 so may have one more season in me.

Good luck all in the play offs!

We threw away the top spot but we're up!

lost 2-3 on the day but still managed to grab automatic on GD.

Congratulations to all those celebrating success, commiseration's to those relegated and Good luck to those participating in the play offs.

Div 4

Peterborough 3-0 Rushden

We needed just a point from the game to secure promotion but we were outplayed from the start. In other games, Notts County drew and Rotherham lost, yet both teams were automatically promoted with 65 points. We also had 65 points but had a poorer goal difference so ended up in 3rd place. Very disappointing as we were at the top for a lot of the season until today.

Have to get ready for the playoffs now instead.

We blew our chances to stay in Division 3. Lost 1-0 to Luton Town who already relegated. Definitely my worst season in EC106. Now starting to make changes in the squad and look for a better season in Division 4. Looking to do deals in the next few weeks. Players who may leave are Diego Lopez, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Mubarak Wakaso, Makoto Hasebe, Franciso Portillo, Shinji Okazaki, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Krkic Bojan and Penial Mlapa. No insulting offers please. There're some youth team players are available for cash.

First season in Division one see's Leyton Orient finish 3rd' date=' which is massive for us although we did throw away the title.

Great season though, not been as active lately cut down to two teams from like 20 so may have one more season in me.

Good luck all in the play offs![/quote']

Great stuff Zak. You have been a stalwart in 106. Keep it up if you can. :)

Div 4

Peterborough 3-0 Rushden

We needed just a point from the game to secure promotion but we were outplayed from the start. In other games' date=' Notts County drew and Rotherham lost, yet both teams were automatically promoted with 65 points. We also had 65 points but had a poorer goal difference so ended up in 3rd place. Very disappointing as we were at the top for a lot of the season until today.

Have to get ready for the playoffs now instead.[/quote']

Unlucky mate, I'm quite surprised with the victory and unfortunately I see that has messed up your plans for straight automatic promotion, apologies for that. :/

Anyway, Peterborough now have some cash so if anyone is selling anyone for cash then please get in touch! :)

Blackpool end the season in good form winning 6 of the last 7 games, but look at the start of the season, we had no wins in the first 7 games.

Ended up finishing in 12th place.

Very happy to see Leeds get promoted, well done David.

Guest drseanfitz

We blew our chances to stay in Division 3. Lost 1-0 to Luton Town who already relegated. Definitely my worst season in EC106. Now starting to make changes in the squad and look for a better season in Division 4. Looking to do deals in the next few weeks. Players who may leave are Diego Lopez' date=' Grzegorz Krychowiak, Mubarak Wakaso, Makoto Hasebe, Franciso Portillo, Shinji Okazaki, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Krkic Bojan and Penial Mlapa. No insulting offers please. There're some youth team players are available for cash.

interested in Bojan for Birmingham if you can see any deal

Finished my 3' date='000 word write-up of the final day in Division Two. The post says 8:42pm yesterday but in fact took me around 4 hours total. Here's the link [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2675925&postcount=12811[/url]

Took you all that time to write and about 10 minutes for me to read it haha! Brilliant though James!

Great stuff Zak. You have been a stalwart in 106. Keep it up if you can. :)

Thanks Dermo, appreciate it!

Cheltenham are free. They won the wooden spoon (finished dead last) but have some good players' date=' most notably Begovic, James Morrison, Chris Brunt and Greig Spence![/quote']

Challenge accepted.

Preston are outclassed as Southend go through to the Div 2 play-off final with a 3-1 win. Two early goals from Feghouli and Negredo proved crucial, despite Aaron Lennon's goal just before half-time. Taras Mykhalyk scored the decisive goal.

One thing I did learn from this experience is that if three subs cannot take place because you've only made two, the entire instruction doesnt happen. I set an instruction to send on Jovetic and Mirallas if losing at 60mins. Then at 75mins I set one to send on those two and Michu and switch to 4-2-4, but because Jovetic and Mirallas were already on, it cancelled the instruction.

Going to make a decision on my future over the weekend. Got an exam in three weeks, then Uni just after if I pass.

Preston are outclassed as Southend go through to the Div 2 play-off final with a 3-1 win. Two early goals from Feghouli and Negredo proved crucial' date=' despite Aaron Lennon's goal just before half-time. Taras Mykhalyk scored the decisive goal.

One thing I did learn from this experience is that three subs cannot take place because you've only made two, the entire instruction doesnt happen. I set an instruction to send on Jovetic and Mirallas if losing at 60mins. Then at 75mins I set one to send on those two and Michu and switch to 4-2-4, but because Jovetic and Mirallas were already on, it cancelled the instruction.

Going to make a decision on my future over the weekend. Got an exam in three weeks, then Uni just after if I pass.[/quote']

Unlucky, you would be a huge loss to 106:eek:

315 games with Boro, promotion to the top flight and an SMFA Shield runners-up but then 3+ seasons of apathy, zero transfers, and, after a brief attempt to turn things around, deserved relegation. Time to leave I think. 185.2M in the bank for someone to try to spend though. Says it all really. All the best to those who still remain :)

315 games with Boro' date=' promotion to the top flight and an SMFA Shield runners-up but then 3+ seasons of apathy, zero transfers, and, after a brief attempt to turn things around, deserved relegation. Time to leave I think. 185.2M in the bank for someone to try to spend though. Says it all really. All the best to those who still remain :)[/quote']

Good effort that mate, goodbye.

took over the relegated West Brom.

few things need fixing so Baines and Pato can go for players and a little cash.

i didnt realise how baron external would be in a setup like this :eek:

Wondered who took this deal over what I offered..

Leighton BAINES has completed his move to Plymouth Argyle from West Bromwich Albion for £11' date='000,000 plus Carlos MARTÍNEZ and Bangoura LASS[/quote']

I offered...

Portsmouth have made an offer to West Bromwich Albion to swap Luuk DE JONG and Papa GUEYE for Leighton BAINES .

Granted Gueye isn't all that but I offered De Jong!!!!

Ahh well