English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Sold Ricardo Vaz Te and Matthew Briggs for a combined £7.5m to Cheltenham Town. Both could get some games for their respective clubs but didn't feature in my long term plans so happy to sell on to a division 4 club. The cash raised will also help fund one or two arrivals and help in my quest to bring the wage bill down.

Arriving at Griffin Park will be Tomas Kalas from Birmingham after Sean kindly agreed to a deal on Monday. Happy to get him in as I hope he will get some involvement once he is over his injury.

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons. EC106 in my opinion i

Posted Images

Thanks for Nordtveit on loan.

Shows how long it has been since I was involved in the loan market...didn't realise it was 50/50 on wages! Happy days B)

No problem, rather he got a good number of games than being in my cup side, might put some more players up over the next few days

Manchester City looking to rejuvenate their second/cup team a bit' date=' can offer two (maybe even three) decent ~30yo 88s/89s for a younger 88 or 89 rated player.

Following players can be included:

Krasic

Pedretti

Naldo

Gamez

Bergessio

Jovanovic

Carlos Eduardo

Carlos Martins

Fritz

Sergio Pinto

Cana

Basa

Armand

Granat (loan)

Mario Santana

Babel

Already made a few bids for players on the T/L, if you're looking for some solid depth players I'm sure we can come to a deal.

Everyone at ManCity rated 87 or lower can leave on loan.

Bumping this, only managed to get one deal done so far. Carlos Eduardo & Gamez are off the list, but Mario Santana and Babel can be included when their TB is up tomorrow.

Im away from my PC for 8 hours and everything happens.

Thanks Niall for the loan of Ljajic. He'll go straight into the team and allow Lennon to leave.

Still got some offers on the table, and players still for sale. Take a look at ym squad, Charlie Mulgrew is the latest to be added to the list. Would prefer part-ex but will take cash as a last resort.

I have the Barnsley offer. Some good players including the legend that is Totti, Gilardino, Chico, Christian Trasch and youngsters such as Fredrik Sorensen, Alex Merkel and Carles Gil.

Im on the look-out for a decent winger or striker for cash. If Brighton are a small club then surely I am too.

Im away from my PC for 8 hours and everything happens.

Thanks Niall for the loan of Ljajic. He'll go straight into the team and allow Lennon to leave.

Still got some offers on the table' date=' and players still for sale. Take a look at ym squad, Charlie Mulgrew is the latest to be added to the list. Would prefer part-ex but will take cash as a last resort.

I have the Barnsley offer. Some good players including the legend that is Totti, Gilardino, Chico, Christian Trasch and youngsters such as Fredrik Sorensen, Alex Merkel and Carles Gil.

Im on the look-out for a decent winger or striker for cash.[b'] If Brighton are a small club then surely I am too.[/b]

Brighton have Jeremy Mathieu as their highest rated player. You have Bale and Jovetic,not too mention Gerrard,Luiz and Lennon. Different circumstances

Brighton have Jeremy Mathieu as their highest rated player. You have Bale and Jovetic' date='not too mention Gerrard,Luiz and Lennon. Different circumstances[/quote']

But Brighton pushed me all the way last season. It's not all in the stats. Some teams have many millions of pounds in their bank account, Preston have just over £10m and thats only after Beckham and Carragher retired.

But Brighton pushed me all the way last season. It's not all in the stats. Some teams have many millions of pounds in their bank account' date=' Preston have just over £10m and thats only after Beckham and Carragher retired.[/quote']

Once Kalas deal goes through, Brentford will only have £7m!!! And we had to do a sale to get that :eek:

Once Kalas deal goes through' date=' Brentford will only have £7m!!! And we had to do a sale to get that :eek:[/quote']

That's why I said some clubs. Some clubs are in the red and others have £100m+, not to the fault of the managers, but by the early game mechanics and buying and selling risers.

Preston continue their impressive pre-season with a 2-1 win over Manchester City, themselves boasting the likes of Torres, Reina and Gundogan. Gaston Ramirez (subject of a number of bids tonight) scored a brace, with that Hungarian guy who used to play for PSV and now plays in Russia scoring for City.

That's why I said some clubs. Some clubs are in the red and others have £100m+' date=' not to the fault of the managers, but by the early game mechanics and buying and selling risers.[/quote']

I wasn't being critical of your comment, just saying that Brentford are more skint than most :D

Guest drseanfitz

England win the World Cup for the second time' date=' with Preston and England captain Steven Gerrard netting the winner in a 1-0 victory over Italy. Lionel Messi won the golden boot.[/quote']

Congrats James.

glad to see someone else was able to repeat my success

England win the World Cup for the second time' date=' with Preston and England captain Steven Gerrard netting the winner in a 1-0 victory over Italy. Lionel Messi won the golden boot.[/quote']

Congrats James.

On a different note, Derby have won once, drew once, and lost once in their pre-season friendlies. Guess this season anything can happen despite my chairman expectation of a promotion. :/

Derby, at the same time, have completed the loan deal for Youssef El Arabi from Manchester United. A much needed addition in the attack after Bojan left. South Korea international Joo-Ho Park has also completed his move from Mainz for 3.5mil. Pretty pleased with all the recent additions so far.

Preston continue their unbeaten preseason with a 2-1 win over Peterborough. Loanees Adem Ljajic and Luis Muriel on target.

Yeah, I was hoping my lads would be able to nick a late draw as I watching the score centre but your team were very strong. I was pleased to see my team give a good fight in the games that they have played against higher opposition, as some of the players are very good for Division 4 and are playing like it which is good to see.

If anyone is ever selling anyone 88 or above (even 87's if they're decent) for cash please let me know, always looking to strengthen my squad at Peterborough.

First game of the season away at James' Cheltenham, should be a good game but I think we might struggle as Cheltenham have also made good new signings so it'll be an interesting start to the season.

Yeah' date=' I was hoping my lads would be able to nick a late draw as I watching the score centre but your team were very strong. I was pleased to see my team give a good fight in the games that they have played against higher opposition, as some of the players are very good for Division 4 and are playing like it which is good to see.

If anyone is ever selling anyone 88 or above (even 87's if they're decent) for cash please let me know, always looking to strengthen my squad at Peterborough.

First game of the season away at James' Cheltenham, should be a good game but I think we might struggle as Cheltenham have also made good new signings so it'll be an interesting start to the season.[/quote']

Should be a good'un, good luck though mate :D

Two new faces in the door at Preston. Gary Hooper joins from Cardiff for £1m plus Martin Kelly. Sad to see Kelly go as he's one of my favourite players, but desperately needed a reserve striker.

Georginio Wijnaldum joins on loan from Huddersfield. He provides cover on the right wing as I realised Lallana and Ljajic can only play on the left.

Still looking for a permanent winger 88+ rating. I will be inactive over the weekend as I have a re-sit exam Monday afternoon and need time to revise. I've even sky-plussed all the football so I can concentrate fully!

this must be the hardest gw to do any deals! you know your squads rubbish when 3 managers say you have no one of interest! :o

Evra' date=' Alves & Xavi added to transfer list[/quote']

You just have to be tenacious, but patient. I waited seasons to sign Hooper and McCarthy.

You just have to be tenacious' date=' but patient. I waited seasons to sign Hooper and McCarthy.[/quote']

I am, its taken me a season and a half with man u to do about 3 internal deals it is very hard going, but i do have an ageing squad (better than it was) which has not helped, but i did get offered Suarez for cash ;)