English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Just putting it out there' date=' but who would be interested in a new setup where the format is just the same as an English Championship, only invite only? I'm aware that it would be difficult to get 80 applicants straight from the off, and the last thing I would want to do is detract from this setup, but if there's one thing that does annoy me, its people who join clubs just to wreck them or log in every 29 days just to keep them occupied. I think I have reached the limit of what I can do with Preston in this setup, but I won't quit as I was the first, and if I went, loads would follow. Let me know what you think, as it affects the majority of people in here.[/quote']

I would be interested mate. Definatly

Just putting it out there' date=' but who would be interested in a new setup where the format is just the same as an English Championship, only invite only? I'm aware that it would be difficult to get 80 applicants straight from the off, and the last thing I would want to do is detract from this setup, but if there's one thing that does annoy me, its people who join clubs just to wreck them or log in every 29 days just to keep them occupied. I think I have reached the limit of what I can do with Preston in this setup, but I won't quit as I was the first, and if I went, loads would follow. Let me know what you think, as it affects the majority of people in here.[/quote']

i think if you start a thread and start it after the Transfer window closes you will fill it James;)

That would be brilliant James. At least with the invite you know you would be getting people in it for the long run. Could draw names at random for who gets what team?

i think if you start a thread and start it after the Transfer window closes you will fill it James;)

And if its a custom then it dont have to be 80 teams, you could do less, oh and im interested:D

Jordi Gomez, Nahki Wells, Darcey Blake and Jonathan Ramirez are all ready to leave Forest.

Looking to add a decent/solid CB rated at minimum 87-89 max preferably for cash or could offer Gomez in a p/e + cash deal. (doubt anyone wants Gomez but anyways)

Would consider a loan of a CB but would prefer a permanent signing where theres no risk of the "parent club" retracting the loan deal.

Guest drseanfitz

Jordi Gomez' date=' Nahki Wells, Darcey Blake and Jonathan Ramirez are all ready to leave Forest.

Looking to add a decent/solid CB rated at minimum 87-89 max preferably for cash or could offer Gomez in a p/e + cash deal. (doubt anyone wants Gomez but anyways)

Would consider a loan of a CB but would prefer a permanent signing where theres no risk of the "parent club" retracting the loan deal.[/quote']

Rhodolfo..

Had a few positive messages about a new setup. I was thinking two leagues of 16 featuring the best clubs in Europe, according to their UEFA coefficient (with some clubs swapped, as I'm sure most poeople would rather play as Roma than Metalist Kharkiv. A few questions:

1. Would anyone mind if it was random except for me choosing Liverpool. In all my years on SM I've never managed Liverpool.

2. Would everyone be happy with 2 x 16? Could up it to 2 x 20 or 3 x 20 if anyone wants it, but it might be hard to keep up with quitting managers.

3. I'm not renewing my GM which expires in 29 days, can I still own the setup after it has run out?

4. When I go back to Uni, I might not be able to keep up with inviting people to fill in gaps. Can you transfer ownership of a setup after it has started? If not, I will look for volunteers to buy the setup, and I will compensate them with first dips on the club in the setup.

That's everything for now. I'm off to work in an hour so I'll read your responses later.

Had a few positive messages about a new setup. I was thinking two leagues of 16 featuring the best clubs in Europe' date=' according to their UEFA coefficient (with some clubs swapped, as I'm sure most poeople would rather play as Roma than Metalist Kharkiv. A few questions:

1. Would anyone mind if it was random except for me choosing Liverpool. In all my years on SM I've never managed Liverpool.

2. Would everyone be happy with 2 x 16? Could up it to 2 x 20 or 3 x 20 if anyone wants it, but it might be hard to keep up with quitting managers.

3. I'm not renewing my GM which expires in 29 days, can I still own the setup after it has run out?

4. When I go back to Uni, I might not be able to keep up with inviting people to fill in gaps. Can you transfer ownership of a setup after it has started? If not, I will look for volunteers to buy the setup, and I will compensate them with first dips on the club in the setup.

That's everything for now. I'm off to work in an hour so I'll read your responses later.[/quote']

1, No dont mind its your GW

2, 2x16 is good size

3, Not 100% sure on that TBH

4, No you cant transfer the other person will have to buy the GW

Oh and id love a slot:D

Had a few positive messages about a new setup. I was thinking two leagues of 16 featuring the best clubs in Europe' date=' according to their UEFA coefficient (with some clubs swapped, as I'm sure most poeople would rather play as Roma than Metalist Kharkiv. A few questions:

That's everything for now. I'm off to work in an hour so I'll read your responses later.[/quote']

Can anyone answer these questions? I won't be starting the setup until after the transfer window closes, but if I do indeed buy the setup myself I havent got long on my GM to do it.

1. Is your gw, you never managed Liverpool so imo you an choose them :P

2. 2x16 is the best option, is very hard to keep a custom gw full

3. Yes you can

4. You can't transfer ownership, that person will have to buy that gw

Can anyone answer these questions? I won't be starting the setup until after the transfer window closes' date=' but if I do indeed buy the setup myself I havent got long on my GM to do it.[/quote']

Rest have been answered but I would say 2x16 teams would be best and easiest to run for you (if you decide to run it) and Liverpool should be yours since you are putting the money in and it's your game!

1. Is your gw' date=' you never managed Liverpool so imo you an choose them :P

2. 2x16 is the best option, is very hard to keep a custom gw full

3. Yes you can

4. You can't transfer ownership, that person will have to buy that gw[/quote']

Rest have been answered but I would say 2x16 teams would be best and easiest to run for you (if you decide to run it) and Liverpool should be yours since you are putting the money in and it's your game!

Thanks guys (and Taylor too, just couldnt be bothered scrolling back a page to quote :P) Think I'm going to run with 2 x 16, I'll either make a separate thread or a group and invite people in.

Preston draw 1-1 with Brentford. More shots on goal this time but Viviano was on top form. It astounds me how making no changes to a team results in such a fluctuation in form. Changes are needed.

Carlisle manager, Dan Tomlins was unavailable to comment following his sides 5-0 beating at home to Tranmere Rovers. Its understood Tomlins curled straight up into his dressing room bed and wept like a baby calling for his mommy.

NOTTS COUNTY finally get their first 3 points of the season after drawing their first 3 games.

we beat leaders Plymouth 2-1 away in a strange game, Plymouth managed to have a player sent off and miss a penalty in what was looking like one way traffic before we managed to do anything at all in the 36th minute.

2nd half substitutions seemed to make the difference as we took control but couldn't score, then 3 late goals in 4 minutes made the scoreline what is was, unlucky Gozzy.

we will listen to p/e offers for Wanyama but no 2 for 1.

Having a hole sale at Reading to try and re coop some of my big losses last season after relagation from the championship.

Peter Crouch - 8-10m

Craig Bellamy - 8-10m

Taye Taiwo - 8-10m

Have over names as well there the three 88+ players, could be nice signings for any team intrested.

After 39 games with Reading Craig is falling down the pecking order so is no longer needed or he would not be for sale as one of my fav players as well or would have cut back on his price due to age team ect but think that is a fair value for a EPL player.

Was reading old match reports of mine, can't believe some of the players I had (and how misguided I was regarding the potential or lack of)

Stephen Ireland

Heberson Ronny

Johan Vonlanthen

David Wheater

Michael Johnson

Mark Noble

Ishmael Miller

Anton Ferdinand

Juliano Belletti

Chris Gunter

Michael Bradley

Steven Fletcher

Joe Mattock

Yossi Benayoun

Joe Hart

Manuel Almunia

Barry Robson

Carneiro Paulo Henrique

Gonul Gokhan

Stevan Jovetic (signed for £650k + Steven Fletcher)

Ronald Zubar

Brad Guzan

Vincent Muratori

Erin Derdiyok

Gary Cahill

Dean Whitehead

Jamie O'Hara

Gareth Bale

Stefan Nijland

Macaulay Chrisantus

Esteban Granero

Kelvin Etuhu

Tomas Necid

Milan Badelj

Victor Anichebe

Marcelo (the Real Madrid one)

Phil Jagielka

Craig Gardner

Sebastian Giovinco

Aaron Ramsey

Matt Upson

Jozy Altidore

Ashkan Dejagah

Leroy Fer (never knew I had him)

Kieran Gibbs

Jack Rodwell

Freddy Adu

Antonio Valencia

This is just Season 6 players!

Also, the forum side of EC106 started at the the beginning of Season 6, I had managed Preston for three seasons before, meaning that this season is my 16th consecutive season.

Brentford 3-0 Carlisle

At last we record our first win of the season. We had Viviano on form once again and the ever reliable Theo Janssen scoring another free kick to start the party for us.

Win by a comfortable margin AND a clean sheet :confused: unusual feeling

Time to make a return to the forums

Tonights results - The loss drops me to 6th spot

Mark Preston was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Chelsea.

Newcastle United slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against Chelsea in their Division 2 fixture.

Diabaté was on the scoresheet for his side.