Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Darlington have a lot of free players, feel free to put in a loan bid for one or two :)

In other news, A Jung own goal gave us the lead tonight but Falcao cancelled that out. Ended in a draw against a strong team, maybe should have been more with 60 odd percent possession but i'll take that for now.

Since I have the extra club slots I saw Barnsley were unmanaged so thought why not try and get them out of that relegation zone.

Kicked off with a win against Stewart's Southend, the bottom few lost so gap is down to 7 points from safety, well 8 if you count our poor GD.

Garry's Brighton up next so an easy 3 points ;)

Derby County dropped to 5th after the 1-1 draw with Wigan Athletic. Tonight's game against Wolverhampton Wanderers might be my last for Derby County. Might start afresh with another club.

Derby County dropped to 5th after the 1-1 draw with Wigan Athletic. Tonight's game against Wolverhampton Wanderers might be my last for Derby County. Might start afresh with another club.

But you're doing well. I see you have the Stoke offer but I honestly feel that would be a step back.

But you're doing well. I see you have the Stoke offer but I honestly feel that would be a step back.

I don't know but I just feel that last season relegation still hurts me. And to be knocked out of both Cup and Shield in the early rounds this season made it worst. Inconsistency is still my main concern with this club. Higher rated players aren't performing to the expectation and lower rating players are somewhat doing better. Looks like I'm still struggling to get the best out of my squad like I used to with Charlton Athletic. And when Stoke offer came, suddenly have a thought of relishing a new challenge and start all over again.

I don't know but I just feel that last season relegation still hurts me. And to be knocked out of both Cup and Shield in the early rounds this season made it worst. Inconsistency is still my main concern with this club. Higher rated players aren't performing to the expectation and lower rating players are somewhat doing better. Looks like I'm still struggling to get the best out of my squad like I used to with Charlton Athletic. And when Stoke offer came' date=' suddenly have a thought of relishing a new challenge and start all over again.[/quote']

If you go to Stoke, you could get relegated again, which is worse. You could get Derby back into Div 3 at the first attempt, and Huntelaar is on fire! Obviously you can see what you'd have to spend at Stoke, but in my eyes, you don't have much to bargain with as regards sales, the squad is NMF so it will take a weekl or so before you can filed a strong XI, and bar a massive turnaround, Stoke are down and you could witness the unfortunate event of your old club taking your place in the 3rd division. Up to you though.

If you go to Stoke' date=' you could get relegated again, which is worse. You could get Derby back into Div 3 at the first attempt, and Huntelaar is on fire! Obviously you can see what you'd have to spend at Stoke, but in my eyes, you don't have much to bargain with as regards sales, the squad is NMF so it will take a weekl or so before you can filed a strong XI, and bar a massive turnaround, Stoke are down and you could witness the unfortunate event of your old club taking your place in the 3rd division. Up to you though.[/quote']

You have a point there. I understand where Stoke are currently. What I had in mind is to change to other club, not necessarily Stoke. I'll analyse what Stoke can achieve with the squad they have in short term and long term after tonight's game. Appreciate your view mate. :)

Sorry about England James. Having a bad start with them. :(

You have a point there. I understand where Stoke are currently. What I had in mind is to change to other club' date=' not necessarily Stoke. I'll analyse what Stoke can achieve with the squad they have in short term and long term after tonight's game. Appreciate your view mate. :)

Sorry about England James. Having a bad start with them. :([/quote']

Personally I think stoke has a lot more to offer than Derby. Some very good players there, Chadli, Callejon, Rakitic etc. Although you don't have Wilshere :P

Darlington faced Doncaster today in the first division and we were actually outplayed by a much inferior team. Really annoying that, not sure what happened.

Niall Taylor steered Manchester United to victory against fierce rivals Liverpool.

Manchester United outclassed Liverpool and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Suárez scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Touré was also on the scoresheet for his side.

I actually won for a change:eek::o:o

Personally I think stoke has a lot more to offer than Derby. Some very good players there' date=' Chadli, Callejon, Rakitic etc. Although you don't have Wilshere :P

Darlington faced Doncaster today in the first division and we were actually outplayed by a much inferior team. Really annoying that, not sure what happened.[/quote']

I think I've made up my mind. Will see how far Derby can go this season and will wait till the end of season before deciding on the matter. Things could have been much easier if the offer came from Divion 1 club. :P

On other note, Derby only managed to get 2-2 draw at Wolves. Japanese duo Gotoku Sakai and Keisuke Honda scored for Derby. Brazil duo Goncalves Jonas and Julio Baptista scored for Wolves.

I think I've made up my mind. Will see how far Derby can go this season and will wait till the end of season before deciding on the matter. Things could have been much easier if the offer came from Divion 1 club. :P

Maybe selling me Wilshere would respark your interest ;)

Oh and:

Solid 90 rated Lucho Gonazalez of Porto can leave for cash or p/e. Not put a price on him so respectable bids will be considered :)

th?id=H.5028222475436530&pid=15.1

UPDATE FROM THE U's

Since taking over at Oxford we've had a great run of 11 points from 5 games (3 wins, 2 draws), helping us maintain a 5 point lead at the top of Division 4

Our attacking outlook has seen us score an amazing 16 goals in those five games

We've also been looking to balance the books - shipping out some poor players from an average squad and gradually replacing them with better players, whilst keeping an eye on the wage bill and transfer budget

Hoping to build a solid future at the Kassam Stadium

Very pleased with my "experienced signings", still to go through but the bids are all accepted.

Andres D'Alessandro, Renato Civelli, Nicolas Anelka, Souza Alex, Juan Roman Riquelme all to join Nottingham Forest shortly...

I cannot wait for these transfers to go through I have been checking every half hour to see if they can play tonight!

If they work the way I'm hoping then we shall be fired up the table soon and people will be available to leave soon.

Also looking to accept bids of £6M for William Gallas. (price I paid) or a play exchange deal.

Thrilling game at Brunton Park as Preston bounce back from defeat on Saturday with a 3-2 win over Carlisle. Muriel scored his 7th goal in just 4 appearances for Preston to give them the lead, but Mitroglu and Khalifa gave Carlisle a 2-1 half-time lead. The game swung in Preston's favour after Gaston ramirez was brought down by Demichelis in the box. Gerrard stepped up and scored his second goal of the season. Just a minute later, Michu scored what would be the winning goal with his 9th goal of the season.

Move up to 4th ahead of Middlesbrough. For a player who I almost sent back to Arsenal after he didnt play enough, Muriel is now 11th highest goalscorer in Div 2. With Michu on 9 and Jovetic on 6, Preston accumulative strike-force has scored 22 goals, which would be top any other season, hut this season Chelsea hold that accolade with an amazing 36 goals between Drogba, Damaio and Reus!!

Took over as manager of Stoke City this morning, looking to do some deals straight away!

:)

EVERYONE IS AVAILABLE. (Including Nani, Pazzini, Rakitic, Radu, Callejon, Chadli, Guarin etc...) But I won't accept anything involving your deadwood for my good players, so don't try and mug me off ;)

Get in contact with me or stick in a bid! :)

Took over as manager of Stoke City this morning' date=' looking to do some deals straight away!

:)

[b']EVERYONE IS AVAILABLE.[/b] (Including Nani, Pazzini, Rakitic, Radu, Callejon, Chadli, Guarin etc...) But I won't accept anything involving your deadwood for my good players, so don't try and mug me off ;)

Get in contact with me or stick in a bid! :)

Welcome to EC106! Glad to see someone from the forum took over Stoke City. They're really in a bad state. Good luck! :)