Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

As a bit of an early Christmas present' date=' I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge.

newsquad.jpg

^Here is the oldest recorded image of my squad. Unfortunately I cannot get a date^

Worked it out to be around December 2007...

LEYTON ORIENT INTO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL...

Leyton Orient 1 Huddersfield 0 ( 2-1 agg)

The Treble 1999 . steered Leyton Orient to victory against Huddersfield Town.

Leyton Orient beat Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 in their SMFA Champions Cup Semi Final Leg 2 fixture.

Adler had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Ledesma was on the scoresheet for his side.

Leyton Orient went through 2 - 1 on aggregate

They now face Darlington in the final on 31st December 2014..

th?id=H.4707839419745041&w=187&h=141&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7th?id=H.5031933336486763&w=224&h=148&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Preston go into the play-offs off the back of a 1-0 win away at Leicester. Gary Hooper scored the only goal in the 5th minute. Berahino and Geis made their debut in the second half.

Victory keeps me in 3rd, with Tranmere losing.

Unfortunately I couldn't end the season with a win. My Grimsby lost 2-0 against an already promoted Oxford team who performed extremely well this season. Both teams had a considerable amount of chances, however we couldn't convert any of them into goals. Looking back, I believe I could of done something different with the tactics, but Oxford are the better team - so a 2-0 loss against a team which will be in the next division now isn't the worst thing in the world.

Something quite funny which I just realized is that Wolves, the last team I used to manage before taking a break, finished second bottom of Division 4 - just above me. However, when I left them they were in Division 2, just saying ;)

However, thankfully (for me) the season is over. I joined at the latter end of this season, so I had nothing to compete for apart from pride, which I didn't gain either. My main aim now is build a team which can compete in the top half of Division 4. I have, on paper, one of the worst teams in the game world. However, some exciting players should be joining as I have a verbal agreement with a manager in the top flight.

One thing I want to try and do is set up a team for next season designed on scoring goals. My last two games signifies that I need to score more, having had quite a few shots, but not scoring none in the last two games - but conceding 5 instead. I also need to improve the back four drastically. My aim would be for the starters of this season to become back up for next season. A re-vamp of the entire first 11 needs to take place. I already have a decent youth squad, but some may have to leave if I want to bring in first team players. Once I have my first team in place, I can then look to bring in the future stars at Grimsby. Onwards and upwards from here.

Good luck to all managers competing in the play-offs, I know how it feels as I went through it with Yeovil back in season 10. Thankfully I won.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and happy new year!

So... Southampton finished 3rd along with winning the English Cup. Was quite surprised at my league placing as I was bottom after a few games lol. Messi... still tops the top scorers list with 31 goals in 29 games. Would have finished 2nd if we had avoided defeat at Blackburn but oh well...

Derby County sealed the Division 4 top spot with a trashing 5-0 victory over Blackpool!! My first silverware in EC106. Took me more than 4 years to achieve that! LOL

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored a double. Holtby, El Arabi and Wakaso got into the scoresheet as well. It was a nerve-wracking last week as we didn't earn any point in the previous 2 games. B)

As a bit of an early Christmas present' date=' I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge.

EC106-Div134.jpg

^My ill-fated attempt at making a turn-by-turn graph^ You may notice Preston are near the bottom, I was relegated that year^

Hah I still remember this graph. One of the most complicated yet brilliant I've seen here. It's really nice to see some of your works in the early years of this setup, brings back some good old memories. :)

Wish I could review back all my match reports but all rotted in my old scapped laptop.

Derby County sealed the Division 4 top spot with a trashing 5-0 victory over Blackpool!! My first silverware in EC106. Took me more than 4 years to achieve that! LOL

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored a double. Holtby' date=' El Arabi and Wakaso got into the scoresheet as well. It was a nerve-wracking last week as we didn't earn any point in the previous 2 games. B)[/quote']

Congrats - I was disapointed to miss out on the title on goal difference but well done anyway mate

I've got the Fulham job currently on offer. They have £2.3m to spend but a small 23 man squad. Best players include Gignac, Kalou and Boudebouz, with a squad average rating of 88, but the squad is quite old (average age 29). As far as league position goes, they finished 5th in Division 1, 10 points off 1st, so not too shabby.

Preston are through to the play-off finals after a 4-2 victory over Wycombe. Ashley Williams, David Luiz, Gareth Bale and Stevan Jovetic all on target. However, in form striker Luis Muriel will miss the final through suspension.

Guest drseanfitz

Just popping onto some of my more regular haunt's to say goodbye as tonight is the night I leave SM for good.

The game and forum used to be a blast but they're getting old and I'm tired with it all.

so goodbye everyone... I'll see anyone that matters around

Guest drseanfitz

Cya later Sean!

(you're sure your not coming back ever ever again?)

never mate, time to make the cut.

and long time no see.

Preston are through to the play-off finals after a 4-2 victory over Wycombe. Ashley Williams' date=' David Luiz, Gareth Bale and Stevan Jovetic all on target. However, in form striker Luis Muriel will miss the final through suspension.[/quote']

Well done, fairly one sided with your premiership quality side against my squad with 3/4 best players out due to suspension, which isn't an excuse just a fact:)

Good luck with the final. As for Wycombe rebuild , reuse or recycle.......

Just popping onto some of my more regular haunt's to say goodbye as tonight is the night I leave SM for good.

The game and forum used to be a blast but they're getting old and I'm tired with it all.

so goodbye everyone... I'll see anyone that matters around

Yeah right you'll be back :D

Division Two Play-Off Final

Preston North End v Tranmere Rovers

Match Preview

Preston North End are back at Wembley for their second play-off final appearance in three years, but face one of their toughest opponents in Tranmere Rovers, with the victor gaining promotion to the top flight.

This will be Preston manager James Burrow's first Wembley appearance since winning the World Cup last season with England. The 90,000 capacity stadium has been a popular stomping ground for Preston, with their only defeat being the play-off final two seasons ago against Blackburn Rovers. For Tranmere, they are facing the possibility of their fourth piece of silverware in three years, to add to their Division Three, English Cup and Charity Shield victories. Tranmere were in the automatic promotion places for the majority of the season, but a run of five games without victory saw them slip into the play-offs, to the benefit of Preston who finished 3rd.

Preston are without the injured Matt Lowton and Ben Davies, and influential striker Luis Muriel through suspension. Stevan Jovetic and Leroy Fer face late fitness tests, with Gary Hooper and Lucas Biglia standing by to deputise. Defenders Ashley Williams and David Luiz both got on the scoresheet against Wycombe, and are likely to keep their place in the heart of the defence.

Tranmere are without a number of players through injury. Tom Cleverley and Mirko Vucinic were joined on the treatment table by Brazilian striker Neymar, who pulled his calf in the 2-1 victory over Leicester. Domenico Berardi replaced him on Friday and is expected to come into the starting 11 for tomorrow night. There are also doubts regarding the fitness of Sergio Busquets and Javier Hernandez, however midfielders Isco and Eden Hazard are fit after missing the Leicester game.

Riferimento: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Tranmere Rovers won the finale Play Off Series 2 and was promoted

Sara Cicci got promotion with Tranmere Rovers after victory in the Final Playoff Series 2 in 106 Inglese Championship.

Tranmere Rovers beat Preston North End 1-0

All fans of The Rovers Super White Army are celebrating the historic promotion and are convinced that Mrs.Papessa bring the team even more far reaching goals even more important.

Manager History

Coach Sara Cicci (Papessa)

Manager Start Date December 6, 2012 Until Today

120 games 271 points with an average score of 2.26