English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

NEW MANAGER AT GILLINGHAM

Gillingham have today appointed Craig 'Cattermole' Smith as manager. Rumour has it that the board have asked him to avoid relegation for the coming season as they fight to stay in Division 2. We caught up with the new man:

Q: How happy are you to arrive at Priestfield?

A: Its great, its going to be a real test. There are some huge clubs in Division 2 and Im looking forward to competing at this level.

Q: Have you had chance to look at the squad?

A: We had a team meeting this morning where I outlined what my plans are for the future of the club. Its a small squad but they are a well knit group.

Q: Will any players be shown the door?

A: Obviously all new managers want to put their stamp on a team and although one or two may leave, my plan is to bring a few players in.

Q: Any early transfer targets?

A: There are a few players Im looking at but I dont feel its fair to their clubs or their managers to be talking about them at this stage.

Q: Finally, what are your aims for this season?

A: Im hopeful of a mid-table finish, I think we definitely have the talent.

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Mrs Moses Age : Unknown Nationailty : PoshScottish Position : Missionary (7 years of marriage will do that to you) Preferred foot : Both - norma

Posted Images

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Derby County News

7050263193_cc14149b97_o1_zpsa80df52a.jpg

Diego Capel has signed a new four-year contract extension with Derby County, the player and club have both confirmed. The 25-year-old midfielder's current deal at the Pride Park was due to end at the end of the current season, and in recent weeks it had been rumoured to be considering offer from Sporting CP. The situation had been an increasing concern for the Rams coach Dean Bryant, who had regularly encouraged the club and the player to agree terms. Capel was left on the bench in the friendly match at Wycombe Wanderers and was given some time to finalise the new contract.

Derby soon released a club statement with more details of the agreement that ties him to the Division 3 side for the next four seasons. "Derby is proud to announce the extension of the contract linking Diego Capel with the club for four more seasons, until Season 23," the statement said.

"I am truly delighted to be given another four seasons to wear Derby shirt," Capel added. "I have been here for very long time and I know this club has a great plan ahead. I want to be part of it. The club has signed new faces, quality ones and I am proud that the club is making a lot of efforts in building up a great team here."

Capel joined Derby County in Season 10 for a club record of 20 million pound, and has since played 294 league games for the club, winning Division 4 and English Cup runner-up. The contract is reported to be worth 31k-pound-per-week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

246328_heroa1_zpse61081ec.jpg

Derby County has rejected an offer from Tranmere Rovers for Lucas Melano. It has been speculated that Melano will be allowed to leave Pride Park with the arrival of El Arabi and Heung-Min Son could mean he may have to wait longer to breakthrough to the first team but Derby manager Dean Bryant has rubbish the talk and he revealed Melano has just signed a new long term contract.

"Melano will be staying at Derby," Bryant said. "He recently just signed a new long term contract with us and this has proven he wants to stay here. The rumours of him want to move is absolutely ridiculous."

Riferimento: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

The Super Whites Rovers are preparing to begin the First League against Fulham in the last friendly match scheduled tonight against Newcastle United.

A transitional period of transfers discussed and controversial as ever as he used the Mrs.Papessa that does not conceal prefer the blue line of the Italian players , although at the expense of samples like ISCO Alarcón & Eden HAZARD & Tom Cleverley , certainly future stars of world football stadium and the fans of Super Whites Rovers , but that no longer fit in the plans of the young and beautiful Mrs.Papessa .

The Super Whites Rovers were able to buy the " infinite " Zlatan Ibrahimovic &

Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi said " Captain Future " and the Italian national team . World-class player , is considered by many one of the best midfielders in the history of Italian football ( without considering its majestic beauty .. Mrs.Papepessa loves him despite his football faith nature of Lazio !) In addition to Simone Pepe ( Italian footballer , nicknamed " Er Chiacchiera " Juventus midfielder ) and under 21 Nicola Sansone & Simone Zaza .

From these important operations have received many fresh money into the coffers of Tranmere Rovers vested immediately on the likely new talents of South American football .

Hopefully this year our beautiful High Priestess is able to make us dream of winning an impossible salvation !

4-west-bromwich-albion-678.gif

21mht04.jpg

Sahin to remain at West Brom

Journal confirmed this morning in his press conference ahead of tomorrow's season opener with Plymouth Argyle that Turkish midfielder Nuri Sahin will now remain at the club for the season. Speculation was built after the Englishmen announced Sahin could leave the club to possibly bring in more depth to the West Brom squad but after the arrival of Cleverley it was likely Sahin would not be sold, this was the case.

Various teams such as Middlesbrough, West Ham United, Wycombe Wanderers, Stoke City and Charlton Atheltic all shown their interest in signing the 25 year old in recent days but it is now official he will remain at player at West Bromwich Albion football club. Sahin is set to start in tomorrow's squad with Plymouth along side new signing Thomas Cleverley, before boarding the team bus to Plymouth this is what Sahin said to the media:

"It's obviously been a very speculated few days regarding me and West Brom but I am happy now that it is all over with and I can now focus on the season what is ahead and hopefully gaining promotion to division 2. Cleverley and Townsend are both great additions to our squad and both at such a young age they can only get better over time and hopefully be long serving players for the football club."

r0429d.jpg

Casteels fee agreed from Gillingham

It was also this morning confirmed that Belgian goalkeeper Koen Casteels has agreed to join West Brom from Gillingham after a fee was agreed earlier this morning for the 21 year old. There has been speculation regarding Casteels since the takeover of new manager Smith yesterday whether he would remain a Gillingham player, Journal this morning confirmed that he is set to join division 3 from division 2 in a hope he can somewhat effect a promotion push this season.

"Transfer wise I can confirm that Koen Casteels should be joining up with our squad later tonight after both West Brom and Gillingham agreed a fee for the Belgian. He's a young goalkeeper that could potentially be our number one in seasons to come so I am glad we have managed to tie up a deal for the youngster, in the deal another young goalkeeper departs, Quentin Beunardeau, who will join Gillingham followed by £6.5 million in cash."

Casteels is set to be second best from the off at West Brom to current number one goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa but over time will we see the youngster start to take over the 28 year old Mexicans place at West Brom? He is definately part of Journals future plans with Albion thats for sure. The 21 year old is set to be Journals third high key signing since the season finished on Christmas day.

Rushden News

Rushden start life in Div 2 after the win in their second successive playoff final last season.

The Chairman has increased the capacity and has voiced his expectations:

Your chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 5,247 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 13,584.
This season your Chairman expects you to avoid relegation.

They bring in their first good signing of the season:

Sebastian LARSSON has completed his move to Rushden & Diamonds from Preston North End for £4,500,000

Mark Preston steered Newcastle United to victory against Aston Villa.

Newcastle United beat Aston Villa 4 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Flamini scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Conca was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Nice start to the season!

Sadly lost the first game of the season to Derby - however I was quite busy and forgot to do the team.

Thanks to the manager Southampton I have managed to sign 3 good quality players, especially for Division 4.

They are Savic, Borini, and Estigarribia. All three go straight into the starting line up and will be with me until the end of the season.

Still got cash available to I will be trying to get even more players into my squad.

Guest FallenAngel

The wheels on the bus go round and round steered Rotherham United to victory against Brentford.

Rotherham United beat Brentford 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.

Sissoko scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

García and Simão were also amongst the goalscorers.

My first competitive win at Rotherham.

Niall Taylor steered Manchester United to victory against Burnley.

Manchester United outclassed Burnley and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Tévez scored the winner for Manchester United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance

A win to start the season still got lots of players up for loan:D

Kevin Junior steered Chelsea to victory against Coventry City.

Chelsea beat Coventry City 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Ahamada had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Reus, Yarmolenko and Drogba were amongst the goalscorers.

First game of the season in Division 1 went well! :D

Derby_County_FC_logo1_zps851a8839.jpgDerby County 2 - 2 Birmingham Citylogo.gif

Capel present Derby with a point

Diego Capel, who recently signed an extension four-seasons contract, helped Derby earn a 2-2 draw in their first fixture clash with Birmingham City at Pride Park with a brace. Both sides had a fair chances in the first ten minutes but it was Derby who almost got themselves an early embarrassment when Aly Cissokho's back pass to Diego Lopez almost went to their own net. Lopez missed his kick from the back pass but managed just in time to pounce on the ball before it crossed the line.

Birmingham eventually went ahead in the 12th minute when Ciro Immobile collected a through ball by Alessandro Matri and smashed it past Diego Lopez. Derby made sure the visiting side could only celebrate for few minutes when they equalised the score three minutes later. Captain Klaas-Jan Huntelaar brought down a high ball and played it into the path of Capel. The Spaniard managed to get past Matija Nastasic and sneaked the ball into the net.

Birmingham went ahead again four minutes before half time through Walter Gargano. The Blues looked set to hold onto the lead on the break, but Capel step in again to the rescue. Capel collected a pass from new signing Heung-Min Son and hit a powerful shot past Rui Patricio.

After the break, both sides failed to deliver any real chances and the score followed till the final whistle.

Got Season 20 off to a great start with a 2-0 win over Sheffield United. Kevin Mirallas scored a brace, with both sides finishing with ten men after Bale and Barzagli were sent off.

In 4th place due to goal difference. Anyone noticed that stats for last season have been wiped? On players profiles it skips straight from 18 to 20.

In better news, Saido Berahino got a +4 to 84, and Josh Brownhill a +5 to 75.

Signed Liverpool youngster Kristoffer Peterson for £666k.

29ntdgw.jpgPlymouth 2-1 West Brom4-west-bromwich-albion-678.gif

Johnson (13), Aquilani (14) and Cassano (74)

Home Park: 11,233

England-Flag.png

333jvkh.jpg

Opening day defeat for Albion

West Bromwich Albion kicked off their division 3 campaign last night against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park. The game saw Albion slump to a 2-1 loss to see them get off to a bad start to the season. It took Argyle just 13 minutes to score, Adam Johnson was in and around the box to slot home past Ochoa, a keeper that is transfer listed by the club. Just a minute later after the re-start Plymouth doubled their lead, this time is was Alberto Aquilani this time who put Plymouth 2-0 up before the 15 minute mark.

Antonio Cassano pulled a goal back for West Bromwich Albion late on but Argyle easily saw the game through and collected their first 3 points of the season, where as West Brom will need to bounce back in the midweek home fixture against Portsmouth who won their opening fixture last night against Bristol Rovers one goal to nil. After the game this is what Journal had to say on his sides performance.

"Our squad just didn't turn up tonight. I understand I have made changes to the team over the season break so it may take the players a few games to start gelling, by no means is that our excuse for a poor performance tonight. All credit to Plymouth who turned up on the night and got their deserved 3 points, but it is all for us to do now midweek against Portsmouth, a game we are very capable of winning and getting our first 3 points on the board for the season."

112aq7a.jpg

Florenzi opts for West Brom move

Just before the game last night West Brom announced the signing of Italian 22 year old Alessandro Florenzi from Northampton Town on a social media website. The signing of the Italian came out of nowhere, nobody excepted it, so it came as a shock to many Albion fans when the highly rated midfielder was announced as a new West Brom player.

In a deal for Florenzi saw Frenchmen Yoann Gourcuff leave the club followed with William Carvalho in a 2 for 1 deal, a deal that both clubs should be very happy with. Gourcuff had created a lot of speculation about where the 27 year old would end up after being transfer listed by West Brom and as for Carvalho he made it clear to manager Journal that if he wasn't in the pecking order to become a first teamer he wanted to leave the club.

"We are very happy to announce the signing of Alessandro Florenzi from Northampton Town. The deal saw 2 players from our club go in the other direction, Frenchmen Yoann Gourcuff and 21 year old William Carvalho, West Bromwich Albion wishes them all the best for the future. Florenzi has joined on a 5 season deal which will see him at the club until season 25 unless otherwise, he could be a key player for us in the near future."

Wish I had my Bolton back in this setup pretty much the best side there was however i still couldnt manage to get out of div 3 now at Bournemouth won first game without selecting tactics oops but hopefully be here long term as long as the originals are still here. I dislike when they leave makes the setup seem cheap no offense to new members but where's Sean and Longnose :(

Rams keen to sign Barkley

Barkley1.jpg

Derby County boss Dean Bryant has said he is interested in signing midfielder Ross Barkley from Swansea City, but has denied that a deal between the two clubs is close to being done. Bryant, whose Rams have brought in nine players during pre-season, said there was nothing to confirm as yet about the highly-sought player in recent weeks.

Bryant, speaking at a news conference after their first league fixture against Birmingham City, said:"There is an interest in Ross Barkley but there's nothing to confirm at this moment. We are aware that we are not the only club interested in the player and Swansea new manager Eric Cantona has just recently joined the club. So it may take some time for him to settle down and make decision."

It has been reported that Derby are facing competition with other five clubs for the highly-rated midfielder.

Simon Rolfes signs for Preston for £4m + Raul Albiol. Was going to lose Albiol for straight cash due to concerns so glad to get a first team quality CM in Rolfes. He will go straight into the starting XI alongside Gerrard, with Fer and McCarthy getting the odd chance.

4-west-bromwich-albion-678.gif

jqqlbc.jpg

Jenkinson moves to The Hawthorns

It was today confirmed by West Bromwich Albion and Rochdale that English right back Carl Jenkinson has completed his move to Albion. He joins the division 3 side from division 2 but insists he will do all he can to help the squad gain promotion this season. At just 21 and having signed a 4 season contract with the club today he is definitely one for not just West Brom but England too.

The Englishmen is set to have his first training session with his new squad tomorrow and is said to be put straight into the squad for Wednesday game against Portsmouth after his £8 million pound switch.

270px-Oxford_United_FC.svg.png

CHANGES AT THE KASSAM STADIUM

CLUB CAPTAIN & OXFORD LEGEND DECO RETIRES

460DecoDanielDalZennaroEPA.jpg

Club captain and footballing genius, Deco, announced his retirement at the end of last season. Deco was one of the club's best performers - as he inspired the side to a second place finish and promotion, trailing the amazing squad at Derby on goal difference alone

GOAL MACHINE LEAVES

89 rated Spaniard Ruben Castro is on the brink of a 10 million pound move to Sheffield Wednesday. Castro is Oxford's top rated player and has been the mainstay of their attack, but the management have stressed the importance of building for the future, and at 32 there was a general feeling that it was time for him to find pastures new. 10 mil isn't so much in this game world, but to a club of Oxford's size it will help to ensure continued success and stability.

WICKAM ARRIVES

20 year old striker Connor Wickam has put pen to paper on a 4 year deal at the Kassam, following his 5 million pound move from Rochdale.

Wickam was picked for greatness very early in his career but has failed to deliver under the pressure. It is hoped that a drop to division 3 will help him to grow and mature - and the 20 year old English man is definitely the sort of player that Oxford want to build their future around

OPENING DAY MAULING OF THE TIGERS

Oxford were inspired to an opening day victory over Hull City, with 2 goals from Badelj being the pick of a 4-1 thrashing at the Kassam for the toothless tigers....

LOANS

Thanks to Man U for the loans of ELKESON & LIVERMORE. Still have space for a loan-defender...if anyone's feeling generous ;)