Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

270px-Oxford_United_FC.svg.png

CHANGES AT THE KASSAM STADIUM

CLUB CAPTAIN & OXFORD LEGEND DECO RETIRES

460DecoDanielDalZennaroEPA.jpg

Club captain and footballing genius' date=' Deco, announced his retirement at the end of last season. Deco was one of the club's best performers - as he inspired the side to a second place finish and promotion, trailing the amazing squad at Derby on goal difference alone

GOAL MACHINE LEAVES

89 rated Spaniard Ruben Castro is on the brink of a 10 million pound move to Sheffield Wednesday. Castro is Oxford's top rated player and has been the mainstay of their attack, but the management have stressed the importance of building for the future, and at 32 there was a general feeling that it was time for him to find pastures new. 10 mil isn't so much in this game world, but to a club of Oxford's size it will help to ensure continued success and stability.

WICKAM ARRIVES

20 year old striker Connor Wickam has put pen to paper on a 4 year deal at the Kassam, following his 5 million pound move from Rochdale.

Wickam was picked for greatness very early in his career but has failed to deliver under the pressure. It is hoped that a drop to division 3 will help him to grow and mature - and the 20 year old English man is definitely the sort of player that Oxford want to build their future around

OPENING DAY MAULING OF THE TIGERS

Oxford were inspired to an opening day victory over Hull City, with 2 goals from Badelj being the pick of a 4-1 thrashing at the Kassam for the toothless tigers....

LOANS

Thanks to Man U for the loans of ELKESON & LIVERMORE. Still have space for a loan-defender...if anyone's feeling generous ;)

Could maybe offer you Chester, Tomkins or Forlin (if my chairman will allow it) Nottingham Forest by the way :)

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Mlapa poised for Oxford switch

peniel-mlapa-514.jpg

Penial Mlapa is to complete a move from Derby County to Oxford United, pending the successful completion of a medical. The 22-year-old has been the subject of a transfer move away from Pride Park following the arrival of El Arabi and Heung-Min Son. He is set to undergo a medical at Oxford before completing a transfer to the Us, who has found in the former Germany Under-21 international the man they were looking for to replace departed Ruben Castro who joined Sheffield Wednesday last Monday.

Details of the transfer have yet to be confirmed, but Mlapa appears likely to sign a permanent contract with Oxford. The German, who has featured in 36 games for Derby in his six seasons with them, is reported to have rejected a move to Monchengladbach.

furman_legia_jesien12_dg_470.jpeg

It has been confirmed that Derby County are still busy with their transfer business despite the start of Season 20, with the arrival of Legia Warszawa's highly-rated midfielder Dominik Furman is set to be finalised once the completion of his medical. The 21-year-old, who has been linked with numerous English clubs, is believed to have cost Derby County 6 million pound.

4rrma8.png

Nottingham Forest send James Tomkins out on loan to Oxford United and Jack Collison to Rushden & Diamonds, the hope is they both gain first team experience.

Two changes to tonight's starting line up, Ben Foster is dropped form goal to make way for Alvarado Esteban. Loureiro Allan has been dropped from Right Back to be replaced by Raul Albiol after his deal was completed on Monday.

Still looking to let Steven Naismith, Andres D'Alessandro and Juan Forlin leave.

4-west-bromwich-albion-678.gifWest Brom 2-3 Portsmouth298.png

Kozak (27, 86), De Jong (35), Gomis (47), Mavuba (85)

The Hawthorns: 18,481

England-Flag.png

2db5r2s.jpg

Kozak makes it back to back losses for Albion

West Brom tonight lost their second game of the division 3 season after the Baggies slumped to a 3-2 defeat at The Hawthorns against Portsmouth. West Brom lost their first game of the season on Saturday against Plymouth and now Portsmouth have added to their dip in form with a late Kozak winner tonight 4 minutes from full time. West Brom started the game just like Saturday, slowly, so it was no surprised when Kozak put Portsmouth ahead just after 27 minutes, the Czech hammered it low past the Mexican Ochoa in the WBA goal. Pompys lead was doubled just moments late, De Jong pouncing on a Ochoa mistake to send Portsmouth 2-0 in at the break.

Just 2 minutes after the restart West Brom were given hope in the game, Frenchmen Gomis doing what he does best and scoring past Benaglio in the Portsmouth goal. The game was end to end since the revival from Gomis and it took Albion to the 85th minute to get their deserved equaliser, Mavuba another Frenchmen stepping up to the plate to draw the Baggies level. Just a minute after the kick off, Albion fell to sleep and the Czech was there again, Kozak to slam home from inside the box to send the 3,000 Pompy fans wild, just a minute before they were in despair at a Albion equaliser but now they were jubilant, it was a nailed winner, the 3rd really took it out of Albion and with the 4 minutes remaining they failed to score again, Pompy win 3-2.

"It is disappointing that we got 2 goals back and then let it slip a minute later but despite this my team showed great character to get back into the game and going into Saturday's I feel this could be a factor in how we start the game, previously we have started slow and conceded early but I hope this changes away to Bristol Rovers. It is important that we dont let these 2 losses affect us and it is key that we move on into Saturday's match with great confidence in hope of our first win of the season."

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

portvalenow_zps114f3953.jpgPort Vale 0 - 2 Derby County Derby_County_FC_logo1_zps851a8839.jpg

------------------ Honda (25'), (57')

Honda brace has Rams on track

keisuke-honda_1682829c.jpg

Honda celebrates his second goal

Keisuke Honda double strikes secured Derby County their first league win in somewhat plausible performances against Port Vale. Derby County may have played two divisions below Port Vale last season but they showed no sign of being minnow towards their opponents.

Derby dominated early in the first half with Miguel Torres and Heung-Min Son came close for the opening but David De Gea reacted well on both occasions. The visitors eventually went ahead in the 25th minute. Port Vale defence failed to clear the danger from a corner and Huntelaar managed to chest down the ball to Honda who skipped past a challenge by Cris Smalling before slotting home the first goal.

Port Vale showed no improvement in the second half as Derby continue to outplay the home side with Riccardo Montolivo controlled much of the play in the centre park. Honda doubled the score three minutes before the hour mark. The Japan international picked up well from Luiz Danilo cross and hit the ball past the despair De Gea.

The victory has put Derby County up to fifth in Division 3. Port Vale, meanwhile, remain in the relegation zone after two defeats in two games.

Div 2

Swindon 0-0 Rushden

After losing the opening game of the season to Charlton 1-0 we managed one better this time by getting a point off of Swindon. Nottm Forest loanee, Jack Collison came on as a sub and did ok. Gonna gel him into the team before he'll be a permanent starter for the season.

Have just brought in a new player who should fit in well.

Steven REID has completed his move to Rushden & Diamonds from West Bromwich Albion for £3,000,000

Guest FallenAngel

I dislike when they leave makes the setup seem cheap no offense to new members but where's Sean and Longnose :(

this made me wonder, although I am new here I have read extensively some of the old stuff on the 2 threads, with stuff from the likes of 1capwonder, Lognose, Holty, drseanfitz, ExiledScotInTheUSA etc,

Throwing this open to you all I was wondering which ex English 106-ers you miss the most, and what are your favourite post's/memories of them?

this made me wonder' date=' although I am new here I have read extensively some of the old stuff on the 2 threads, with stuff from the likes of 1capwonder, Lognose, Holty, drseanfitz, ExiledScotInTheUSA etc,

Throwing this open to you all I was wondering which ex English 106-ers you miss the most, and what are your favourite post's/memories of them?[/quote']

There's been loads to leave which were great but few who were gods amongst us humuns. I don't know how long I was with Bolton only like 300 games if that but the crown despite all these legends has to go to James Burrows however I still am annoyed about that Elia deal you went backwards on.:P

I can't really think of peoples names and the ones i have thought of no idea if theyre still in 106 or not but names just like you said plus Dermo Yapple Dean89 i think could of been another long serving dean not sure the kid who done the spreadsheets for financies and predictions ect this setup was indeed the greatest setup on sm by quite a larrrrgggee distance to bad i never realised it when i destroyed my Bolton side for cash.

ExiledScotInTheUSA - not on forum but still in game was talking to him last week.

Ya Konan's made a decent-ish start to the season with 5 goals in 2 games' date=' let's hope he can keep it up.[/quote']

If that's only decent-ish I'd love to know what you'd call decent :P

this made me wonder' date=' although I am new here I have read extensively some of the old stuff on the 2 threads, with stuff from the likes of 1capwonder, Lognose, Holty, drseanfitz, ExiledScotInTheUSA etc,

Throwing this open to you all I was wondering which ex English 106-ers you miss the most, and what are your favourite post's/memories of them?[/quote']

When all of them are in 106,that's a golden era for 106. 1CapWonder's Rochdale is excellent youthful team at that moment and his MR is world class. Longnose and James MR are brilliant aswell. Chewett,Sean,Dean,Dermo,David,and names i probably forgot makes this setup a legend

574 games and still going strong:p

I have managed 275 with Nottingham Forest, add on my 180 from past times at Coventry that means I have managed 455 games in 106, been a great setup so far and hopefully will continue for a few years more!

To all the long term/legendary managers past and present thanks for making it such a great setup to be in, for new/fairly recent managers hopefully you will all enjoy it as much as we have.

Good luck with season 20 everyone :)

Juan Forlin, Steven Naismith, Souza Alex, Andres D'Alessandro, Steve Beleck, Nouha Dicko to go out on transfer.

James Chester, Joel Ward, Patrick Van Aanholt, Dani Nieto, Yannick Bolasie, Mamadou Kone and Patrick Bamford all available for Loan.

Here is my list of ex-EC106 who I personally miss in forum. (Not in order) Dermo, Chewett, Stuart H, DrSeanFitz, Pipgib, Zakkoo, Son of Pluto, Toonfanforlife, Kopster, 1CapWonder, Longnose, Dave Belkavitz, Koplfc, Machine, Dazinho and those few of them..(forgot their names. my apologies)

You can see the other names in the first post of this thread. A few of them are still playing but not active in forum.

Those were the days when we had around 10 match reports/previews PER TURN plus all the banters, non-football related banters/report news, overall season previews for all divisions and after-season reviews, individual clubs' WEBSITES (yes real websites), clubs' squad numbers assignment, jokes, many transfers reports, statistics of divisions' league standing, post-match interviews, youth cup competitions and friendly competitions etc. We are also been into a huge debate of which English setups were the best with other forum members outside this setups. Also got into creating of a setup mainly in challenging with other popular setups at that time. Miss those days. :)

Niall Taylor steered Manchester United to victory against Blackburn Rovers.

Manchester United beat Blackburn Rovers 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Suárez scored all 3 goals for Manchester United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

also

Dong-Won JI has completed his move to Manchester United from Incheon United for £3,640,000 plus Eyal GOLASA . All other offers were turned down.

Didn't expect to get him, so was surprised to log on and see i'd got him

Managed to get to the 500 games club in this setup, although it's only today that I realised so! Came quite a long way from Division 3 along the seasons; I've even managed to loan out players now. Overall quite happy with the squad I've got since first getting in this setup.

Last night was my 501st game in charge. Changed tactics this season, and managed to get my first win against City 4-2.

Guest FallenAngel

Dong-Won JI has completed his move to Manchester United from Incheon United for £3' date='640,000 plus Eyal GOLASA . All other offers were turned down.

Didn't expect to get him, so was surprised to log on and see i'd got him[/quote']

I wanted to bid more but didn't have the cash :(

But I'll forgive you for the heartbreak caused if you loan him to me;)