• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Mrs Moses Age : Unknown Nationailty : PoshScottish Position : Missionary (7 years of marriage will do that to you) Preferred foot : Both - norma

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Gutted to learn today that we lost out on the deal for Moccelin Paulinho but congratulations to Doncaster, In other news for our youth team we managed to sign Pimentel Elber from Cruzeiro.

So far 2014 seems to be about a youth project at Nottingham Forest Chris Hegarty, Sammi Odelusi, Matthew Pennington, Sam Gallagher and finally Pimentel Elber all signing to our youth team.

Still looking to close a few deals, hopefully more news over the next few days ;)

Preston triumph 4-2 on penalties after a 3-3 draw with Luton. Jovetic scored a brace in normal time, with Maynor Figueroa adding a third. Viera, Sigthorsson and Comi scored for Luton. Preston netted all their penalties, with Sigthorsson and Viera missing.

Agustin Allione, Saido Berahino, Jon Williams and Johannes Geis all made debuts tonight.

4-west-bromwich-albion-678.gif

2ikpr3b.jpg

Costa arrives as Mavuba departs Albion

It was confirmed on Thursday that Brazilian Douglas Costa had joined West Bromwich Albion from division 4 outfit Bristol City. The Brazilian has added even more youth to the West Brom squad that Journal is building for the future. Costa will bring a range of things to the West Brom midfield, especially with him being able to operate in both wide and central positions.

In the deal, Rio Mavuba joined Bristol City, despite being a regular first teamer since Journal took over at Albion his future was never certain with the club and it was no surprise to him or the WBA fans when he left to make way for the talented Brazilian. Also in the deal Belgian Gillet left, again it came no surprise when the 28 year old was used in the deal and with long term replacement Ravel Morrison recently obtained, it was only a matter of time before he moved on.

"We would like to announce the arrival of 23 year old Douglas Costa from Bristol City, we welcome him into the Baggies on a 4 year deal." read the Albion website, with the following statement "Heading the other way to Bristol are 2 players, Rio Mavuba and Guillaume Gillet who we wish the best of luck with their new club and for the future."

2z69zxy.jpgUnited 0-2 Albion 4-west-bromwich-albion-678.gif

Klose (21), Cassano (58)

Weston Homes Community Stadium: 7,866

England-Flag.png

rte0s9.jpg

Experience proving key for West Brom

Saturday night was another good night for Albion, the side cruised to a 2-0 away win to the hands of Colchester United at the Weston Homes Community Stadium. New signing Miroslav Klose got the scoring underway just after the 21 minute mark, the German showing why he was signed by Journal in their promotion push. Shortly before the hour mark Cassano made it 2 and wrapped it up for the Baggies, Klose and Cassano combining to send the Albion fans home happy.

The win for Albion takes them up to 8th, 2 spots below their desired play off spot which after winning the last 3 games in the league they will feel confident in reaching sometime soon, next up for the Baggies is strugglers Brentford at The Hawthorns, a game they will feel very confident going into the league clash on Wedneday, 2 days after the cup clash with Blackpool.

5a5ptw.jpgBlackpool 2-2 West Brom 4-west-bromwich-albion-678.gif

Blackpool win 6-5 on penalties.

Donati (4), Klose (18), Stindl (61), Rafinha (79)

Bloomfield Road: 7,384

England-Flag.png

33kfb6a.jpg

Cup upset to the hands of Blackpool

Tonight division 4 outfit Blackpool entertained West Bromwich Albion at Bloomfield Road and it was needless to say that it was a very exciting game that the two sides put on show on a cold Monday night in Blackpool. It took 4 minutes for the games first goal, Donati put the Seasides ahead with an early strike past Ochoa. Before the 20 minute mark that German was on the scoresheet again, Klose beating his man before finishing past the Blackpool goalkeeper.

Stindl then put the home side back ahead on the hour mark, again finishing easily past Ochoa in the WBA goal who was having a bad night in the goal. The game looked to be settled, Albion barely threatened but it was 1 moment of magic from youngster Rafinha who levelled 10 minutes from time to send the Albion fans mental and the game into extra time, the last thing Albion needed after a tiring weekend of football.

Nothing much happened in the 30 minutes of extra time, so it went to a penalty shootout, where any team could win and it was Blackpool that came out on top in the end. It turned out to be Stindl, who scored earlier in the game, stepped up to score for Blackpool to send them into the next round of the English Shield, after the match this is what manager Journal had to say on the final result:

"It's obviously disappointing to lose the game in that fashion but it is great for the competition, a smaller team progressing and upsetting one of the bigger teams. I would like to congratulate the Blackpool boss on her win and I wish her the best of luck in the next round, for now though the league and getting into the play offs is our main aim and then to proceed to promotion to division 2."

"I would also like to praise new signing Miroslav Klose who despite at the age of 35 he is still doing what he does best and scoring and providing us with brilliant entertainment week in week out. I am also looking forward to working with new signing Douglas Costa who I think is a great replacement for Rio Mavuba who sadly left us on Thursday but he made way for a great player in Costa, the main focus will now be on the game against Brentford on Wednesday night when we can hopefully climb into the play off spots."

What is going on in this setup? You send various managers offers on players, they just leave the offers sitting there?! so frustrating and then they start complaining about lack of transfer activities.... Offers have sat on the table for almost a week and still no counters.

Any 88 CB's available for Loan? can offer regular game time.

What is going on in this setup? You send various managers offers on players' date=' they just leave the offers sitting there?! so frustrating and then they start complaining about lack of transfer activities.... Offers have sat on the table for almost a week and still no counters.

Any 88 CB's available for Loan? can offer regular game time.[/quote']

yeah thats the way it is, you will get used to it used to do my head in but i just get on with it now;)

yeah thats the way it is' date=' you will get used to it used to do my head in but i just get on with it now;)[/quote']

Its been frustrating me for a while, I just want to get some deals going so I can upgrade the team and look to let some of my current stars leave.

BUT before anyone gets their hopes up, nobody leaves till I am satisfied I have signed the right replacements...

EDIT: whilst I have your attention, any idea of the outcome of my loan bid for Kouyate ;)

Afternoon,

I'd like to introduce myself As the new Ipswich Town manager, I got settled in last night.

I've already started to make players bids and I've compiled a list of players that are not in my plans.

I hope I can make an impact in the squad and push for a good Spot in the league, I can already tell it's going to be challenging, but I'm excited and up for the task.

Players that will be put on the transfer list are:

Tissone 87 DMC

Skjelbred 86 MC/AMC

And Hugo Viana 89 DMC could leave under a player exchange

Ben Surman

Ipswich Town FC First team Manager

Just a note to anyone that's been making loan bids on the players at Man U, I have a first team and a send team none of these players are available for loan until I am no longer involved in cup competitions, but anyone listed for loan can go at any time note there are quiet a few, also only players that are transfer listed for cash can go for cash,

Thanks

Niall

Im willing to let Xavi go but he is injured until 21st March:eek: and i also suspect he will drop to 95 in the current reviews,(I could be wrong with that) but would anyone like to agree a deal now and once his injury is up we can do the deal? looking for 2 players in return, not interested in cash

Guest FallenAngel

Afternoon' date='

I'd like to introduce myself As the new Ipswich Town manager, I got settled in last night.

I've already started to make players bids and I've compiled a list of players that are not in my plans.

I hope I can make an impact in the squad and push for a good Spot in the league, I can already tell it's going to be challenging, but I'm excited and up for the task.

Players that will be put on the transfer list are:

Tissone 87 DMC

Skjelbred 86 MC/AMC

And Hugo Viana 89 DMC could leave under a player exchange

Ben Surman

Ipswich Town FC First team Manager[/quote']

Welcome Ben

I said the other day I'd be announcing more signings soon, and here they are:

Rohan Ince

Levy Madinda

Josef Souza

Laurens De Bock

Joseba Zaldua

James Caton

The deal for Josef Souza saw Steven Naismith switch to Gremio.

Still looking to do some more business.

Allowed to leave are:

David Stockdale

Darron Gibson

Andres D'Alessandro

Steve Belleck

Looking to let De Bock go straight out on loan plus other players at Nottingham Forest Listed for loan so any clubs looking at possible loans, check out my loan listed players ;)

4-west-bromwich-albion-678.gifWest Brom 0-1 Brentford ms1uuq.jpg

Cacau (18)

The Hawthorns: 19,879

England-Flag.png

24xnash.jpg

Cacau silences The Hawthorns

Albion suffered yet another set back tonight after they were beaten at home to current division 3 strugglers at The Hawthorns. It was German striker Cacau who fired home for Brentford eighteen minutes into the game to ensure that West Bromwich Albion suffered their 4th defeat of the season, making it back to back losses after their shock cup exit on Monday to division 4 side Blackpool. Despite this, Journal still assures fans that the club it still undergoing a transitional period and results will soon become more consistent.

"I can understand the fans frustration. We have signed players that have improved our squad, but they will take time to get settled into my style of play." Journal was quoted after speaking to press after tonight's loss to Brentford. "I am still looking to add to the squad, there is room for improvement in places and I will adress this as soon as possible. For now it is important that our fans remain to back the side as always and we regroup for Saturdays game against Nottingham Forest."

After the game their was rumours from a reliable source on social networking websites that Journal has already made moves for various players, and possibly some players departing the Baggies too. It is now a waiting game for Albion and their fans, newspapers for tomorrow morning are already stating deals have been agreed, the club are set to issue a statement tomorrow morning they confirmed on their Twitter later tonight.

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Glandford Park (22,533)

200px-scunthorpe_united_logo_zps05221343.jpgShorpe United 1 - 1 Derby County Derby_County_FC_logo1_zps851a8839.jpg

Flavio Ferreira (39') ------------- Gotoku Sakai (78')-

Sakai rescues point for Rams

213456_zpseddc4b0b.jpg

Sakai celebrates his equaliser

Gotoku Sakai rescued a point for Derby County at Shorpe United to keep them level with their opponent and West Ham United at Division 3 play-off spots, but a thrilling match might easily have gone either way.

The Irons, fresh from downing Sheffield Wednesday in the English Shield two days ago, had ample opportunity to extend their winning streak after Flavio Ferreira smashed a 20-yard strike into the net in the 39th minute.

But it was Derby who ended the game in the hunt for the points after Sakai headed home from Lewis Holtby's free kick. Had Heung-Min Son been anywhere close to his best he would have settled the issue and put Derby up to third place by finishing a clear cut chance teed up by Holtby late in the game.

Shorpe began the match positively, Roman Eremenko combining well with Bruno Fernandes but only to see Eremenko shot saved by Diego Lopez. Derby gradually took control of the midfield, Riccardo Montolivo, Lewis Holtby and Keisuke Honda proving an effective triple act in the central area. Montolivo and Jan-Klaas Huntelaar both had a chance for the opener but Maarten Stekelenburg did brilliantly to cancel off their efforts.

Shorpe were not given much of the ball but their tight defence looked secured for at least a goalless draw before the break. Their risilient play paid off six minutes before half time. Eremenko hold the ball well to provide some space for Flavio Ferreira just outside the box and the Portugese made no mistake with a low shot into the bottom corner.

The second half began explosively, with both sides created chances from distance. The Rams went first, Cristian Zapata played the ball forward after a quick restart from the keeper. Holtby produced a sublime piece of control and hit an ambitious effort from 20 yards but Stekelenburg showed strong hands to save it.

Moments later Shorpe advanced, with Benetti Ramiro's lay-off finding Marouane Fellaini 25 yards out only for Lopez's safe hands to spare Derby. The pace barely slowed before another effort from long range by Honda was well saved by Stekelenburg.

They were level after 78 minutes, with Sakai the scorer. Holtby's free kick found Son but the Korean selflessly nod the ball into the path of Sakai, who made no mistake to head home the equaliser. Derby were buoyed and probably should have taken the lead when Holtby's one-touch pass sat up for Son with a clear chance from 10 yards. He snatched at the shot that flew straight to Stekelenburg who easily push the ball clear from the danger.

Shorpe United and Derby County remained in sixth and fifth in Division 3 respectively with fourteen points each.

2ykkxv8.jpg

Sahin out - Rose, Rodriguez and De Guzman in!

It has been a busy day for West Bromwich Albion, after their 1-0 loss last night to the hands of Brentford at The Hawthorns manager Journal identified that he still needed to improve the squad before they can mount a serious promotion push this season. They have announced that three new faces have joined the Midland club as well as one leaving, who turns out to be a managers and fans favourite, shocking some people with the departure.

First up was the massive transfer, their highly rated central midfielder, Nuri Sahin. Sahin had been linked with a move out of WBA at the start of the season, that talk quickly died down, but yesterday Portsmouth launched a bid for the Turkish international that was unrejectable labelled manager Journal. Danny Rose and Jese Rodriguez today joined in swap for the 25 year old, a great servant for the club but as West Brom are looking towards the future build of the club, these two youngsters will help build that.

After letting such a key player go in such a vital role, manager Journal had to address this quickly. This is where the transfer of Holland international Jonathan De Guzman comes in to it. He joined from Bournemouth for a massive £15 million pound deal, a player that is worth every penny according to WBA manager Journal. De Guzman, along with Rodriguez and Rose, has joined the Baggies on a 5 year deal.

"It is a brilliant day for the club transfer wise, we lost a key player but we replaced him with three very good players that will benefit us highly in our promotion chase." Journal said on a club statement. "I would say business is done there for this season, but in reality we are always on the lookout for new players we can sign and if the chance comes along to sign somebody we will always consider it. We are now focused going into the game on Saturday night with Nottingham Forest, a game which could see Jonathan make his debut for the club."

Div 2

Rushden 2-3 Middlesboro

We lose at home to Middlesboro putting us down to 6th. Neves and Mangane are our goalscorers.

The Chairman of Fulham has made you a job offer to take control of the club. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Rushden & Diamonds immediately

Sorely tempted by this offer. Although I have guided Rushden from Division 4 and currently in the top half of Division 2, the lure of Division 1 football and the option to turn Fulham into a top 3 team is quite big.

2di3ll0.jpg

Firmino is the latest player to arrive at West Brom

West Brom have earlier this morning confirmed that Brazilian Roberto Firmino has joined the club from Tranmere Rovers. The 22 year old midfielder has become Journal's most recent signing in the current revamp stage of the football club. West Bromwich's club website this morning confirmed that a deal had been made yesterday and it was only just this morning that all players involved completed their medical.

In the other direction head another Brazilian, Alcantara Rafinha who has struggled to seek any first team action under Journal since the take over despite coming on and scoring against Blackpool on Monday night. The other player is Bangoura Lass, another attacking player that has failed to impress under the management of the Englishmen, so both making way for a highly rated Brazilian 22 year old.

"We are obviously sad to see two such young players leave our club, but this opened the path for a player of a higher calibre to step in, a very good signing for the football club in my eyes. I and the club wishes the best for both Rafinha and Bangoura in the future at Tranmere Rovers and the club welcomes Firmino to hopefully his first start for the club tomorrow night at Nottingham Forest."

The WBA boss was also asked about Cesar Azpilicueta, a player who has been long linked with Albion and rumours of a bid being made, this was his reponse; "Cesar is a brilliant player and I wouldn't say not to the opportunity of signing him. Having said that for a deal to happen a deal would need to be agreed between the two clubs and that could be a long process, we will see what happens, for us though the main focus is tomorrow night and getting back on track with a win at Forest."