English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

It's been quite some time since I update my club here. Been busy with new job. :o

So far it has been very impressive run of form despite the fact that I don't regularly set tactics. 9 wins in the last 11 league games. We are currently on top of Division 3 on a same points with Portsmouth. I'm also delighted to announce our latest big name signing; Dusan Tadic from FC Twente for 23 million plus 2 fringe players. (There's a way of offering more than your chairman value but won't disclose it :P).

hi guys.im the new manager sheffield united.

yesterday' date=' the first game:

SHEFFIELD-BARNSLEY 2-0 MARCELO 40,LUCAS 79

good start:)[/quote']

Welcome to EC106! :)

Beat Newcastle 5-0 with possible one of the fastest hatt-ricks ever from Stevan Jovetic. Bale also got two as we slaughtered the Magpies.

Got an English Shield Quarter Final tie tomorrow, didnt think I was still in the cups so to be two matches away from Wembley I'm giving it a lot of thought. My opponents Leyton Orient have recently changed manager so I don't know what to expect.

Blackburn 4-5 Fulham

In a thrilling game at Ewood Park, Fulham came out victorious. Blackburn took a 2-0 lead to start with until we had a comeback to go ahead 3-2.

In the second half they equalised when Welbeck scored his 2nd goal of the game. We then made it 4-3 with a looping header from Tiago. They equalised again 13 mins from time with a Rooney header but just 1 min from time we nicked the winner through Reyes.

Still on joint points with the Manchester teams sandwiched between them with Arsenal a point ahead of us and Wednesday still at the top with a 6 point lead on us.

Preston are through to the semi-finals of the English Shield after a 3-1 victory over Leyton Orient at the Matchroom Stadium. Gary Hooper scored his first goal of the competition while Gerard Deulofeu scored his first for the club, but the biggest roar came after the opening goal from Michu, who has had a torrid season in-game with injury. Southampton await in the final 4.

Barnsley and Tranmere must be friends, they have played every Sunday.

had to resign ' date=' such a poor and boring gameworld[/quote']

with your inept tactical mind and childish whining about the match engine, you really are carving out a great reputation for yourself.

Now a full, long established gameworld is not up to your standards, cant remember any of your efforts to add excitement to this boring set up though!

your last game wasn't boring , 7 goals or was it boring because you only scored 2 of them?

Had a lot going on recently so havent had the time to report on Preston. Sorry guys.

With 12 games to go Preston find themselves in 3rd place in Division two and looking increasingly likely to achieve that most elusive of goals, promotion.

A run of 4 straight wins was brought to a halt with a 1-1 draw with Carlisle on Wednesday, Stevan Jovetic's second half goal being cancelled out by Kostas Mitroglu's effort.

Michu has impressed me on his return from injury, 3 goals and 2 assist in 3 games.

Preston travel to Swindon tonight hoping to make up ground on runaway leaders Watford (with their racist manager.)

Preston have the best GD of the chasing pack however 2nd thru 8th is so close that a bad result here and there would see me drop out of the play-offs. After a bit of a blip in February I seem to be back on track. Finished last season strong so a similar finish could possibly see me not just take home a play-off spot, but maybe a title?

We dare to dream

Gosh yes Div 2 is really tight. What ever his faults Watford are doing well with a limited squad. I think they will falter soon as they have much less depth than most, a couple of injuries will make them an ordinary team. He may also be facing a goalkeeper problem as Baumann is in rl a bit of a butter fingers atm.

Lets hope we can both catch him as I intend to be auto promoted as well !

Derby won 1-0 over Shorpe United. Huntelaar scored from the spot to earn the points. We are now 2nd in Division 3. Current leaders Portsmouth lost their match which means we are now only 1 point below them. Still 11 games to go but I suspect it will be a close one by the end of the season.

Think the next round of games in Div2 will be a bit of a sorting hat at both ends of the table.

17th Place Leicester vs 18th Carlisle. . Probably a Leicester win.

6th Barnsley vs 7th Swindon, Swindon haven't lost in 4 , so looks like a draw

5th Preston vs 13th Charlton , Charlton have the better of the recent form but Preston will be too strong , Preston win

8th A Villa vs 4th L.Orient, an away win here .

11th Sheff Utd vs 20th Gills, good home banker to push Sheff Utd into play off contention.

15th Brighton 10th Huddersfield both sides have 7pts from last 3 , a win is a must as a loss means a relegation struggle, probable draw

14th Rochdale vs 9th C Palace, an away win here pushes Palace into play off contention

3rd Wycombe vs 1st Watford. Game of the round, well I hope so , Watford have a few players out so lets go for a home win.

12th Southend vs 2nd Middlesborough, Southend will look for a 3rd win, I go with that , home win.

16th Newcastle vs 19th Rushden, only one way Newcastle win.

Always seem to choke when I big up the match. Lost 2-0 to Charlton for my first loss in 9. Dropped to 6th with a promotion six-pointer to come against Leyton Orient. Not sure what to expect as they've changed manager a few times this season.