English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Thanks for the positive feedback. Savour them' date=' as my PC has broken and can only use my phone for the time being.[/quote']

Doing a great job mate.

In Darlington news, we have had our ups and downs of late. Really really hope I can secure top 4 for the Champions Cup and the income it provides!

Thanks for the positive feedback. Savour them' date=' as my PC has broken and can only use my phone for the time being.[/quote']

Back up and running, after a day of taking it to bits and cleaning every plug and putting it back together.

A lot of chopping and changing as we go into the final few games of the season. Preston can guarantee at least a play-off with a point, but could win the title with victory as 2nd and 3rd placed Watford and Swindon play each other.

Jon Flanagan has gone out on loan to Rotherham ahead of their play-off campaign, replacing the injured Geis who got a +2 to 87, making him a part of of my first team plans when he's back from injury.

To reiterate my loan policy, I won't loan players out especially for the play-offs, and would rather only loan players out due to injury, not to better the team.

Guest FallenAngel

Jon Flanagan has gone out on loan to Rotherham ahead of their play-off campaign' date=' replacing the injured Geis who got a +2 to 87, making him a part of of my first team plans when he's back from injury.

[/quote']

Very much appreciated James ( and the 2 loans from Wycombe)

got 3 of my first choice back four injured/suspended (or four of five if you count Geis) - also 2 of my first choice front 3, and two big games ahead to try and steal second place.

Means I don't have to spend my money buying in some new defenders, (which is what I would have done)

Guest FallenAngel

A Carlton Cole goal see's me close the gap at the top, just 1 point separating the top 3.

A bit of luck and I can make an auto promotion spot

Title race to go down to the final day after ten-man Preston draw with Wycombe

After 37 games in Division Two a champion has still not been found, with four teams still in with a chance of securing the Division Two title with just 90 minutes of football remaining.

Preston were 15 minutes away from the title after Stevan Jovetic gave the Lilywhites the lead with his 15th goal of the season, however an inspired substitution by Wycombe manager Mr Malcolm resulted in Ruben Schaken equalising with practically his first touch. Things went from bad to worse when defender David Luiz was given his marching orders for a high tackle on Bruno Soriano. Jovetic could have won the title in the last 5 minutes but his header went agonisingly wide.

Preston still lead the way with a game to go, however with the top four all drawing, the gap still remains at just one point to Watford and a further point behind lie Swindon. Middlesbrough are 4th with 58 points however with a goal difference of +14, they too are contenders for the trophy. Here is a recap of the nights action:

Watford missed the chance to regain top spot after drawing 1-1 with 3rd place Swindon Town. Hulk gave Watford the lead with his 23rd goal of the season, however a second half equaliser from Jonathan Biabiany keeps both teams in the running for the title.

Gillingham will join Rushden and Diamonds in Division Three next season after they fell to a 2-1 defeat at home to Newcastle. Steven N'Zonzi gave the Gills a 3rd minute lead, which would have taken them to within a point of safety, however second half goals from William Kvist and Peter Crouch, the latter in the 89th minute, relegated the Gills.

Middlesbrough missed the opportunity to move into the automatic promotion places after drawing 2-2 with Carlisle. A second half brace from Mario Mandzukic saw Boro climb a place at the expense of Aston Villa. Carlisle secured safety with the point, and can focus on next season ahead of a final home game against already relegated Rushden and Diamonds.

Aston Villa suffered one of the shocks of the night as they lost 3-0 to Rochdale, with Dale keeper Rafael on top form to keep the Villans out. Villa drop to 5th with defeat, and with a goal difference in the negatives look to have lost the opportunity for a maiden title win.

Barnsley move into the play-offs at the expense of Leyton Orient after a 1-0 win over Southend, who must now win away to Leicester to stay up. The Tykes can still secure automatic promotion due to their favourable goal difference on the teams above.

Managerless Leyton Orient could only draw with Huddersfield, and drop out of the play-offs on goal difference. The O's can no longer achieve automatic promotion, and have yet to appoint a new manager.

league4_zpse62c4227.png

For any outsiders looking in you are missing out!

In Division 1 there still isn't a champion, with Sheffield Wednesday beating Arsenal 2-1 tonight to lead the Gunners by 3 points however Arsenal have a superior goal difference. At the bottom one from Leeds, Coventry or Sunderland will go down.

In Division 2 the top 5 are separated by three points, with 3rd and 4th place playing each other on the final day. At the bottom either Southend or Leicester will go down, with them facing each other on the final day.

In the 3rd Division Pompey, Derby or Rotherham can still win the league, while Port Vale or West Brom will drop into Division Four.

In Division 4 the title and auto places are already sorted, with Walsall and Swansea promoted, however Blackpool or Boston can still qualify for the play-offs, and the order of the play-offs can all change on the final day.

Guest FallenAngel

The offer for Tomás NECID of Rotherham United from CSKA Moskva has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

decided to cash in on Necid, accepting an external offer of £7.6mil after initially costing me £4.7mil.

Carrying an injury so no use to me in the final run in.

Carlton Cole and Craig Bellamy will follow Necid out at the end of the season.

looking for a new CF rated 88/9 can use cash and/or Clayton Xavier 89AM

The offer for Federico MACHEDA of Carpi from Leyton Orient has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Very happy with this. He should rise as He's been pretty good for Birmingham City IRL!

He finished the season as Birmingham's top league goalscorer, with ten goals from just ten starts and eight appearances as a substitute

Also, I had to sell Samuel. He's an Inter Legend but I needed to get the cash to move in the transfer market. His rating was going down as well and He's not staying with Inter IRL.

Signed Victor Ibarbo from Southend. Have a few too many strikers but he's young, plays for a country which is underrated and may earn a move to one of the bigger teams in Serie A. Sold Rolfes as I have a few CMs and he wasn't a part of the future of Preston.

Here's a preview of the final matchday of Season 20 of EC106. With so much still up for grabs in all four Divisions, I thought rather than preview all 10 Division Two fixtures, to preview all matches in which promotion/play-offs/relegation is still in the balance. Here we go!

Division 1:

Sheffield Wednesday v Norwich

- Sheffield Wednesday will win the title if they avoid defeat to Norwich

- Sheffield Wednesday may still win the title if they lose, so long as there isn't an 10 goal swing (which is entirely likely given results lately)

- Managerless Norwich can finish in the top half with victory coupled with Millwall and Chelsea losing

Coventry City v Liverpool

- Victory will secure Coventry's Division One status

- A draw may not be enough given Leeds' goal difference

- Liverpool can secure a top six finish with victory if results go their way

Leeds United v Manchester United

- Leeds must win to stand a chance of staying up

- Should Coventry draw, Leeds will require a victory by five goals

- Man Utd are guaranteed a third place finish and Champions Cup football

Arsenal v Millwall

- Arsenal require a victory big victory coupled with a Sheffield Wednesday defeat to win the title

- Millwall can finish in the top half if they win and Chelsea lose

Division Two:

Charlton v Watford

- Watford must win to stand a chance of clinching the title due to their inferior goal difference

- Watford have guaranteed a play-off spot due to Middlesbrough and Swindon facing each other

- Charlton can no longer qualify for the play-offs

Swindon v Middlesbrough

- Swindon can win the title with victory and Preston and Watford losing

- A draw will likely give Swindon a play-off place

- Middlesbrough can win the title should they win and Preston and Watford lose

- Defeat for either team could leave them outside the play-offs

Leicester v Southend

- Winner stays up

- Southend can stay up with a draw

Barnsley v Wycombe

- Barnsley can go up automatically with a win, a draw between Swindon and Middlesbrough and a Villa defeat

- Defeat coupled with a Leyton orient win or draw will see Barnsley fall out of the play-offs

- Wycombe can secure a top half finish with victory

Preston v Rochdale

- If Preston win they win the title

- If Preston draw, Watford or Swindon could win the title with victories

- Preston are guaranteed at least a play-off berth (which would be their third straight play-off)

- Rochdale can finish as high as 8th in their first season in Division Two

Aston Villa v Brighton

- Realistically Aston Villa cannot win the title due to their goal difference

- Only victory can assure the Villan's a play-off spot

- Brighton can secure a top half finish with a win

Division Three:

Nott Forest v Derby

- Derby must better Portsmouth's result to win the title

- Derby must beter Rotherham's result to secure promotion

Port Vale v Birmingham

- Port Vale must better West Brom's result to stay up

QPR v Rotherham

- Rotherham will win the title with victory and Derby and Portsmouth dropping points

West Brom v Cardiff

- West Brom must win to stand a chance of staying up

- West Brom can stay up if they win and Port Vale only draw

Plymouth v Portsmouth

- Portsmouth will win the title with victory

- Should Portsmouth drop points, Derby and Rotherham must both lose for Portsmouth to still win the title

Zhi Gin LAM has completed his move to Leyton Orient from Hamburger SV for 50,000 plus Nikola KOLEV and Thiago MARTINS

The Hong Kong German comes to Leyton Orient :)! As for playoffs, I only just noticed I have only a match left when I took over and that it's for playoffs contention O.O. OMG what the..

have been looking at the gameworld page for this world for a few weeks now and was looking to either grab a team in this league or 7046, this morning

saw the 100% marker missing and was expecting a div 4 team or something like that but it was actually norwich so quickly snagged them without actually looking at the players list on the righthandside but was very nicely suprised when i opened up the squad list

quite a few quality players to work with, already listed the few i want to leave as some area's are way over stocked for my formation preferences so a few are going for low cash prices(considering how old the gameworld is) only player i'm really looking at to trade at the moment is cardoza 90ov benfica fc

after in exchange a rightback to play as back up to jallet like mentioned on the newsfeed would prefer an under 25 player so there's a bit of a stagger in ratings decline over the years etc.

but yeah as far as norwich go 1 game left of the current season against top of table wednesday so should be interesting but perferect timing really as the pre-season will give me the opportunity to chop & change the few areas that i feel need a little work

any of the big name players like courtois.alba/oscar etc aren't completely off the table as far as taking offers but i'm in no need to sell so it would have to be a tempting offer to part with any of those names

About 6 hours until we find out who is the new Division Two champion!

This time three seasons we snuck into the play-offs on the last day with a 6-0 win over West Ham, David Beckham playing a crucial role in his final season with the club, can Steven Gerrard be the player to raise Preston's first ever league title?

first game in charge

Stuart Pearce earned a draw with Norwich City against Sheffield Wednesday.

The match ended 3 - 3 between Norwich City and Sheffield Wednesday in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Cardozo scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Jallet was also on the scoresheet for his side.

not a bad first game but could of been better, looking forward to the start of the new season now for sure.

brought in quite a few youngsters to bolster my ranks before i sell alot of the "deadwood" or what i see as this, already done a few trades most important is the trade mentioned above in comes benat for valbuena, do like valbuena but his positions don't really suit the way i like to setup normally so was good to get a good replacement in aswell as a promising young rightback to add to ranks alongside sportings tomas dabo and jallet

still looking to move around a few players if anyones interested i've got two 88ov dc's for cash as oshea's already been sold now and i've also got marin & menez on the trade table, want to bring in a dm/mc & an fc from those two and don't mind which way around it is so if interested make an offer becasue if its a fair trade i will accept and not fanny around trying to get a better deal from elsewhere

It was nerve breaking in the final quarter of the season but Derby stayed on the automatic promotion till the last final whistle of the season. Derby won 1-0 at Nottingham Forest to secure the promotion. This is definitely my biggest achievement having a back-to-back promotion from Division 4 two seasons ago. DIVISION 2 HERE I COME! ?

Preston North End have won Division Two after a nerve-racking 3-2 victory over Rochdale. Preston were 3-0 up at half time but goals from Stijn Schaars and Salamon Rondon made the home fans sit on the edge of their seats!!

Don't want to spoil other results so I won't post any tables yet.